2021 Cincinnati Bengals

Imagine how much better they’d be with a competent OL, they could legitimately win the SB.
They are in the AFC Championship game against a team they've already beaten. They already could legitimately win the SB.

NOW THEN, the OL problem is a problem that could affect the future on every snap. A Carson-Palmer 2005/Joe Burrow 2020 moment could happen at any moment and that is the reason to worry.

They are in the AFC Championship game against a team they've already beaten. They already could legitimately win the SB.

NOW THEN, the OL problem is a problem that could affect the future on every snap. A Carson-Palmer 2005/Joe Burrow 2020 moment could happen at any moment and that is the reason to worry.
They’re not beating the Rams. Did you see what Aaron Donald & Von Miller did to the Bucs? It’s moot bc they likely aren’t beating KC on the road. I wouldn’t be shocked if they made it a game bc the KC DL isn’t as good as TN, but at the end of the day KC has hosted this game 4x in a row. They have experience and a home field advantage

good job bad oline.........way to give joe and the boys enough to reach the afc championship game. 1989

jtk
()
Yeah, they’re the reason the Bengals won. Screw Burrow & Chase, it’s all bc of Isaiah Prince.

you probably also picked the under at 6 wins.

jtk
()
I think I had them at 7 wins. You can’t stick your head in the ground and act like everything is ok just bc they got to this point. The Colts got the AFC Title game early in Luck’s career (the Deflategate game) and never got back. In large part, bc he got beat up so badly behind a terrible OL.

They’re not beating the Rams. Did you see what Aaron Donald & Von Miller did to the Bucs? It’s moot bc they likely aren’t beating KC on the road. I wouldn’t be shocked if they made it a game bc the KC DL isn’t as good as TN, but at the end of the day KC has hosted this game 4x in a row. They have experience and a home field advantage
Objectively, you're not wrong here. I'd say they're the fourth most likely to win the SB of the four remaining. But they're still among the four remaining, so they could legitimately win the SB even with a putrid OL.

Objectively, you're not wrong here. I'd say they're the fourth most likely to win the SB of the four remaining. But they're still among the four remaining, so they could legitimately win the SB even with a putrid OL.
And they could legitimately be the favorites if they had just a decent OL.

Sure. That's a different statement, though.
Then allow me to be clear, they’re odds of winning a SB would increase dramatically with just a competent OL. I honestly think the winner bw the Bengals v Chiefs would win it all bc Mahomes & Burrow are superior to Stanford & Garappolo.

They’re not beating the Rams. Did you see what Aaron Donald & Von Miller did to the Bucs? It’s moot bc they likely aren’t beating KC on the road. I wouldn’t be shocked if they made it a game bc the KC DL isn’t as good as TN, but at the end of the day KC has hosted this game 4x in a row. They have experience and a home field advantage.
Don't pick the Rams to quickly. They have lost 6 in a row to San Fran...

Don't pick the Rams to quickly. They have lost 6 in a row to San Fran...
I know, but it’s hard for me to envision them losing again after beating Brady. Even if both the 49ers & Bengals pull off the upset, SF still had 5 sacks vs the Bengals in the regular season game.

I knew at the very moment I listened to the Bengals beat KC and win the AFC North that they were a good underdog Super Bowl bet. Didn't pull the trigger out of Browns fandom.

But seriously get a new radio crew. They sounded like they were at a funeral when they were winning the division.

I knew at the very moment I listened to the Bengals beat KC and win the AFC North that they were a good underdog Super Bowl bet. Didn't pull the trigger out of Browns fandom.

But seriously get a new radio crew. They sounded like they were at a funeral when they were winning the division.
I find it rather amusing listening to Dave Lapham ride the emotional roller coaster from 1 play to the next.

I find it rather amusing listening to Dave Lapham ride the emotional roller coaster from 1 play to the next.
He's exactly like this one guy that did the games for I wanna say Cal? Funereal mood until it isn't. Disbelief at any big win. Not quite the week in week out performance of a Donovan who makes you happy to listen to crap Cleveland teams.

Nobody is worse than the Steelers crew though. "Just wait until they get a taste of this fearsome Pittsburgh offense..."

He's exactly like this one guy that did the games for I wanna say Cal? Funereal mood until it isn't. Disbelief at any big win. Not quite the week in week out performance of a Donovan who makes you happy to listen to crap Cleveland teams.

Nobody is worse than the Steelers crew though.
"Just wait until they get a taste of this fearsome Pittsburgh offense..."
I picked up a broadcast once on Sirius XM. Every single play the color guy complained about a penalty that wasn't called.

"I was talking to one of my coaches and he
said I'm so worried for Joe Burrow because
of that offensive line. I said I'm worried about
the league because of the offensive line, if they
find an offensive line, I don't know anybody
that can beat em."

Michael Irvin

Tackle was definitely a position of need, way too many people thought Jonah Williams was the answer at LT and he’s been mediocre at best.
He’s had 2 holding and 2 false start calls all year. He has given up 8 sacks but Byrrow is a creator in chaos which is going to lead to higher sack numbers. Not the end all be all but he graded as 77.5 in his 3rd, but really only 2nd, year. That has him clear in the starter level according to them. Will he ever be an All Pro? No, but he’s on his way to being above average which is all you need to win Super Bowls.

Either way, I specifically said this year. The tackle position wasn’t the problem. Again, we’re they pro bowlers? No, don’t need to be. They weren’t the problem. When the Bengals were continuously beaten in the trenches it was attacking Hopkins and Adeniji, Carmen, whoever else spot played RG during the year

He’s had 2 holding and 2 false start calls all year. He has given up 8 sacks but Byrrow is a creator in chaos which is going to lead to higher sack numbers. Not the end all be all but he graded as 77.5 in his 3rd, but really only 2nd, year. That has him clear in the starter level according to them. Will he ever be an All Pro? No, but he’s on his way to being above average which is all you need to win Super Bowls.

Either way, I specifically said this year. The tackle position wasn’t the problem. Again, we’re they pro bowlers? No, don’t need to be. They weren’t the problem. When the Bengals were continuously beaten in the trenches it was attacking Hopkins and Adeniji, Carmen, whoever else spot played RG during the year
they don't understand logic. they actually think that i think the OL is good. they don't understand there is more to blocking than the OL.

jtk
()

That’s another problem. The OL was getting beat pretty good and it seemed like ZT didn’t adjust his play calling to call some quicker throws, screens to help out.

Dave Lapham and Dan Hoard are money!!! Lapham gets a little out over his ski's sometimes, but Dan Hoard is friggin' awesome. He's the voice of Cincinnati sports. "TOUCHDOWN BEARCATS!!"

Dave Lapham and Dan Hoard are money!!! Lapham gets a little out over his ski's sometimes, but Dan Hoard is friggin' awesome. He's the voice of Cincinnati sports. "TOUCHDOWN BEARCATS!!"
This. Latham has likely gotten better since the Bengals are winning more than they lose. I haven’t listened to the radio broadcast recently unless it’s in the car. When the Bengals were atrocious he was pretty bad with his whining and moaning but I guess it’s to be expected, losing all the time will wear you out. Hoard is very good.