10-7 at Triad, 2-8, DVI
10-14 at Fairbanks, 6-6, DVI
10-21 Mechanicsburg, 12-1, DVI

The new banner is up

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1642175820498.jpg
    FB_IMG_1642175820498.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 20
I know the WJ football program is a well oiled machine, but anyone think these coaching loses will set WJ back a little? I hope not!

I know the WJ football program is a well oiled machine, but anyone think these coaching loses will set WJ back a little? I hope not!
I don’t think so west Jeff has some good classes coming up all the way down to the 6th grade so I would say that the cabinets are looking good

Good luck to the 2 WJ coaches going to Westfall. I believe the Mustangs had about a 25 year streak of consecutive winning seasons from the 1980’s to 2000’s but have fallen on hard times over the last 5+ years. I’m sure the WJ guys will figure it out and get Westfall back on track.

I believe there are now 4 WJ alumni who are currently high school head football coaches:
* Clinton Massie - Dan McSurley
* Amanda Clearcreek - Steve Daulton
* Madison Plains - Shane Cahill
* Westfall - Logan Stepp

The new field house is done looks very nice tried to post pictures but it won’t let me for some reason
Are you able to upload any pics of the field house? Wish they had that when I was there in the late 80’s. They put in the dugouts for my senior year and the new fence as well. Sure beat that ugly brown snow fence they had. ?

Are you able to upload any pics of the field house? Wish they had that when I was there in the late 80’s. They put in the dugouts for my senior year and the new fence as well. Sure beat that ugly brown snow fence they had. ?
No it won’t let me for some reason I will keep trying but it is very nice

No it won’t let me for some reason I will keep trying but it is very nice

Attachments

• 70460BB5-53ED-49E5-A687-546CFCB90424.jpeg
    70460BB5-53ED-49E5-A687-546CFCB90424.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 37
That might be the softest schedule I've ever seen for a team that wants to compete with the MAC programs.
i think Urbana was a horrible game to schedule, but Paint Valley is a nice matchup and prepares them for what they will see in league play.

they can’t do anything about the league schedule, but hop on over to the OHC thread to see some possibilities of how the league slate could be bettered.

WJ’s first 2 Non-league games should be like the old days.
Buescher needs to stop worrying about getting easy wins and preparing the team better for the season and beyond.
Go after the big teams again!
Play the every year playoff teams or MAC schools.
It’s really simple, even if you take a loss, you are still preparing your team.

Good evening

July 16th 7 on 7 @ West Jeff 10 am

1. West Jeff

2. Madison Plains

3. Zanesville

4. Newark Catholic

5. Grandview

July 23rd 7 on 7 @ West Jeff 10 am

1. West Jeff

2. Westfall

3. Chillicothe

4. North Union

5. Vinton County

6. Olentangy

Scrimmage 1 vs. Amanda on August 6th at 10

Scrimmage 2 @ Chillicothe on August 12th at 7 pm.

Thanks for all your support. Our kids and staff appreciate it!

Go Riders!

Buescher needs to stop worrying about getting easy wins and preparing the team better for the season and beyond.
i don’t see an issue getting an “easy” win on the schedule. but there needs to be a balance. WJ relies on the harbin points from beating some of the better teams in the OHC. Triad/most of the OHC south doesn’t do much for them. Paint Valley is a great game for West Jeff and wouldn’t mind seeing it yearly. great program that will win a lot of games, but should beat them. they must upgrade from Urbana, i don’t think that game benefits WJ

i don’t see an issue getting an “easy” win on the schedule. but there needs to be a balance. WJ relies on the harbin points from beating some of the better teams in the OHC. Triad/most of the OHC south doesn’t do much for them. Paint Valley is a great game for West Jeff and wouldn’t mind seeing it yearly. great program that will win a lot of games, but should beat them. they must upgrade from Urbana, i don’t think that game benefits WJ
With the top 16 getting in, you go after the "hogs"! If you lose, you know how they hit and play. You get better during the season and make a run in the playoffs.

I agree. Go after any school in the MAC so you can measure up. Should try and play Shawnee, Alder or London, not the Hill Climbers, at this point anyway.

With it being 16 teams making it in I agree completely. When it was only eight teams making it in, I suspect years like 2012 (losing to MSML by 7; missed playoffs) and the years they’d play Alder and Jackson (lose; missed playoffs) hung over their heads.