2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manny Patterson is his name and it looks like he'll be in the 7th grade this year.. which will make him a frosh when slaughter is a senior

Manny was the starting QB for the undefeated 7th Grade team this past season. (2021). Yes, he will be outstanding.
OK, I was just going to add, I was off he was a 7th grader this past year.. I actually found some more tape on him and he was even more impressive.. Looks like his dad is watching over him and guiding him well, so that's great..These next couple years could be really fun...

OK, I was just going to add, I was off he was a 7th grader this past year.. I actually found some more tape on him and he was even more impressive.. Looks like his dad is watching over him and guiding him well, so that's great..These next couple years could be really fun...
His father was an assistant coach for the 7th Grade Tigers under Head Coach Tim Menches.

Home and home deal or just a 1 year contract over at Mansfield?
I was told it’s a home and home with a plan to continue long after that.
The current HC at Mansfield is Chioke Bradley he was a SR on the 93’ team that the Tigers beat in the regular season and the playoffs.
The current Superintendent for Mansfield City schools is Stan Jefferson he was the HC at Mansfield when they played the Tigers from 93’- 02’ , Jefferson was on both Tressel’s and Meyer’s staff at Ohio St.

Any word if we are playing St Edward week 5?

Maybe it is fake news. Just heard it from several people, and wanted to know if anyone else had heard it. I'm a tiger through and through, and wasn't trying to start any
I believe you I was just curious as to where or who you might have heard that from. I mean after last year with the Crable/McElroy/Slaughter thing who the heck knows. As far as I know Slaughter is currently the best QB in the school.

I believe you I was just curious as to where or who you might have heard that from. I mean after last year with the Crable/McElroy/Slaughter thing who the heck knows. As far as I know Slaughter is currently the best QB in the school.
Wasn’t it about this time last year that the rumblings of a QB “controversy” started when all previous thought had Crable as the clear cut guy? Many thought those rumors were nonsense at the time as well.

Props to Massillon for scheduling Cincinnati Moeller! Historically, they (along with Cleveland St. Ignatius) have been the Tigers' "kryptonite," but Coach Moore always builds his young men up for any challenge. As a Warren G. Harding fan, I miss those big games against the GCL, which always brings the absolute best out of their opposition.

Good luck Massillon!

I definitely didn’t think he was the clear cut guy.
Well he was literally the only kid on the roster who had taken snaps at QB in a varsity game…my point wasn’t to rehash the Crable vs McElroy conversation but rather that when he was the only one who had taken any meaningful game and practice reps at the position he was DEFINITELY the frontrunner.

Fair to say I/most were shocked when Crable transferred out and would be more shocked if Slaughter did.

Kid has a promising future but no need to promise anyone anything nor hopefully get asked to. All I can say as a fan on the outside is I expect him to be the starter for the next 3 years and feel great about it.

I was under the impression Crable left because it was apparent Slaughter would eventually take the starting job over take him.

I was under the impression Crable left because it was apparent Slaughter would eventually take the starting job over take him.
I think this was the convenient “reason” that people who disliked Shawn came up with after he left. I really don’t think Jay was scared of a 14 year old taking his job. And I think this story really was debunked by the fact that Slaughter couldn’t even beat out McElroy for the job.

Slaughter did eventually beat out McElroy for the job though. No one brought up Shawn Crable, he was one of the best Tiger linebackers ever.

Slaughter did eventually beat out McElroy for the job though. No one brought up Shawn Crable, he was one of the best Tiger linebackers ever.
He didn’t beat him out. McElroy got injured. And once healthy McElroy was still the guy they went to in big games (Mck, Green, etc.) when they couldn’t rely on Slaughter.
There’s quite a few Shawn haters on here and around Massillon. He is a bit of a helicopter parent that’s for sure. Nobody disputes his success on the field.

I think this was the convenient “reason” that people who disliked Shawn came up with after he left. I really don’t think Jay was scared of a 14 year old taking his job. And I think this story really was debunked by the fact that Slaughter couldn’t even beat out McElroy for the job.
It was more about the future, the Crable’s wanted to be promised the QB job for the 21’ and 22’ seasons and that wasn’t going to happen.
Anyone who doesn’t think Slaughter is a better QB then Crable is kidding themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.