2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

They tied the worst team in football at home. That's why they'll be sitting at home with the Browns watching the playoffs.
Steelers tied the Lions,not the Jags.

For ya wonderful browns fans.... Ben's last play in Pittsburgh.
IMG_20220103_233648.jpg

Not a Steelers fan. Just pointing out their worst seasons rival some of the Browns best over the past few decades.
Like this year's team. 8 wins with an awful line, a QB who couldn't throw accurately more than 5 yards down field, and their worst defense in a long time but yet still end up at .500

y2h - “Deal with the Bengals ?

Jackson sucks. Heck Huntley is a better QB.

The Pats won a game a few weeks ago with what, 3 pass attempts”
—————————-
Y2h - 1) you are a fool if you do not realize who the new sheriff in the AFC North is. It’s Burrow & the Bengals. 2) Saying Bal qb Lamar Jackson “sucks” shows a lack of football knowledge on your part. 3) Good luck in winning consistently in today’s NFL by throwing only 3 times a game. Maybe you should suggest the Browns start running the wing T.
The Bengals will crash back to earth next year. Getting curbstomped by the Browns at home was pretty funny.

Jackson is a glorified RB. Keep him in the pocket and hes a mediocre QB.

Y2K - well if you think passing the ball 3 time in a NFL game is a formula for success then Jackson should be a qb whom you would love to have….might want to wish for hurricane like winds and have a Bill Belichick on the sidelines.

I’m not a fan of Jackson but his won/loss record speaks for itself.

Wow.

I agree. He’s no more than an Andy Dalton. Not even as good as the prime of the Red Rifle, actually, and the Bengals faced this same dilemma and went with Dalton as their “franchise” QB. It took years to remedy that, but they now have a legit franchise QB. Time to cut bait with Baker and continue the search for the elusive franchise QB.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Wow.

I LOLed at that nonsense. "Transitional QB" to what exactly?

Baker will be the QB next year. Sorry, delusional fantasies aside, Rodgers and Wilson aren't coming here. Some mediocre journeyman? Yeah that will certainly lead to the SB. Set the franchise back while a rookie learns the ropes? Heck might as well trade Chubb and Garrett now.

Baker set the rookie record for TDs, went 26-8 last year in leading the team to the second round of the playoffs. Clearly the talent is there. With injuries and Covid decimating the roster (Baker on both counts) the OBJ saga splitting the locker room the season got away. Remember this team is only a couple weeks removed from a game for first place. All the key pieces are locked up contractually.

A year of health, hopefully Stefanski refines his playcalling or turns it over to someone else, some key additions in FA and the draft and this team is ready to roll again.

Play-calling was a new all-time low for Stefanski and crew last night. Baker was also at an all-time low - get him his surgery tomorrow. Sacks at an all-time high for this O-line. Just gross overall, except for the D.

From cleveland.com:

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield will not play on Sunday against the Bengals in Week 18, head coach Kevin Stefanski announced.

Stefanski said Mayfield will get surgery scheduled to repair the torn labrum in his left shoulder scheduled as soon as possible. Mayfield confirmed on Monday night he would undergo surgery. He expects Mayfield to be with the team this week unless he has the surgery.

From cleveland.com:

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield will not play on Sunday against the Bengals in Week 18, head coach Kevin Stefanski announced.

Stefanski said Mayfield will get surgery scheduled to repair the torn labrum in his left shoulder scheduled as soon as possible. Mayfield confirmed on Monday night he would undergo surgery. He expects Mayfield to be with the team this week unless he has the surgery.
A few years ago I was having some serious pain in my shoulder, it felt sometimes like someone was stabbing a knife into it.

I asked my orthopedic surgeon if it could be a torn labrum.

He said, "Everybody your age has a torn labrum".

Is there an unwritten rule to not ruin a HOF players last home game, especially if it has no impact on the playoffs, other than for that player's team. In a PD article today, the writer was mystified at the play calling, where an injured QB coming off a 4-interception performance was the focus of the offense. While a top running back's carries were limited, against a defense that is ranked 30th against the run?!

Rather than give the Pittsburgh QB a stage to display his talents on, it was a sad exhibition of how far he has fallen and what their OC has to do to construct a game plan, so he has an impact on the outcome.

Last edited:
Like this year's team. 8 wins with an awful line, a QB who couldn't throw accurately more than 5 yards down field, and their worst defense in a long time but yet still end up at .500
I wouldn’t get to cocky … let see how things go next yea with out Ben … I hope you are not counting on Rudolph … I vaguely remember before Ben, three losing seasons & Cowher being the hot seat before Ben came to rescue … getting the next franchise QB not an easy task.

Well, with all the Mayfield maybe-obituaries and the general disappointment in Stefanski and everybody else... I guess send Dieken out with a win. One last task for, Mullens? I guess. Doug's been asleep in the booth for like five years. Blowing out the Steelers in the playoffs barely merited a "huh hhuh ahahaha ummm."

I do think Mayfield stays one more year but with competition.

I wouldn’t get to cocky … let see how things go next yea with out Ben … I hope you are not counting on Rudolph … I vaguely remember before Ben, three losing seasons & Cowher being the hot seat before Ben came to rescue … getting the next franchise QB not an easy task.

Your memory is faulty; 1 losing season; 2003 when they went 6-10; 2002 they were div champs at 10-5-1, 2001 they were 13-3
Ben's first year 2004 they went 15-1

Joe - Last 4 years of Cowher’s tenure the Steelers were: 2003 6-10, 04 15-1, 05 11-5 (SB Champs) and 06 8-8. In 2019 the Steelers went 8-8 after staring 0-2 when Roethlisberger got hurt in the 2nd game. Thus, they went 8-6 with Mason Rudolph & Duck Hodges as the starting qb’s. Rudolph has started 10 games in his NFL career going 6-3-1.

It’s all about the qb position for both the Browns & Steelers. Both teams & the Ravens are chasing the Bengals & Burrow for the next 10 years. The Browns already picked up Baker's 5th year option prior to the start of this season, he will earn $18.8 mil next year all guaranteed. Brownies have no choice but to run it back with hopefully a heathy Baker next season.

Rodgers, Wilson & Watson are all under contract & would require 3+ first rd draft picks. Brownies could go after a Matt Ryan, Jarred Goth, Kirk Cousins, Crablegs Winston or perhaps Derek Carr but at what cost & how much of an improvement is that over a healthy Baker? Could bring in a former starter for competition w/ Baker: Cleveland native Mitch Trebriskie, Marcus Mariota, Sam Darnold, Jimmy Garropulo, Tua T or a Teddy Bridgewater. Drafting a rookie qb with Baker on the roster seems like a bad idea plus this qb draft class is really weak.

All of these options are the same one's Pittsburgh will look at, I would think the Steelers will take a qb in the 1st or 2nd rd. The Pitt qb will be gone by the time they pick but the Ole Miss, NC, UC or Carson Strong out of Nevada are all possibilities.

It’s all about the qb position for both the Browns & Steelers. Both teams & the Ravens are chasing the Bengals & Burrow for the next 10 years.
Would the Steelers roll with Rudolph next year? I imagine Mayfield stays just by default because as you say there are no good replacements. Maybe Jimmy G or Mariota in relief if Baker's truly a headcase. Burrow looks like the real deal but I wanna see him in 2022 first. Lamar may be headed down the Cam Newton train to getting washed. He's got a hard job.

Jackson03 - Burrow is without a doubt the real deal. If the Steelers like one of the rookie qb’s they may reach in the 1st rd (NC kid) or wait until the 2nd for the Nevada kid - just too soon to know. I’d be fine with Rudolph or a retread (Tribeski or Mariota) and focus on the D & O line. The Browns best option is hoping for a healthy Baker providing his head is in the right place. Bakers fine as a front runner but it gets shaky with him when things aren’t going too well. I like Bakers moxy and toughness and love his commercials - just think the best he can be is a Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Matt Hasselbeck, Gus Frerotte, Stan Humphries type of player.

You Browns fans are sleeping on Burrow - he’s a legit problem for the AFC North for the next 10 years.

Jackson03 - Burrow is without a doubt the real deal. If the Steelers like one of the rookie qb’s they may reach in the 1st rd (NC kid) or wait until the 2nd for the Nevada kid - just too soon to know. I’d be fine with Rudolph or a retread (Tribeski or Mariota) and focus on the D & O line. The Browns best option is hoping for a healthy Baker providing his head is in the right place. Bakers fine as a front runner but it gets shaky with him when things aren’t going too well. I like Bakersfience moxynand toughness and love his commercials - just think the best he can be is a Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Matt Hasselbeck, Gus Frerotte, Stan Humphries type of player.

You Browns fans are sleeping on Burrow - he’s a legit problem for the AFC North for the next 10 years.
A blowout on their home field caused the confidence, in the Browns place in the conference.

When everyone's healthy and the play calling situation is addressed, there's no reason to believe the Browns aren't a playoff team (based on their scores all season, with a QB that was 80%, at best).

Last edited:
Cocky?
How so? We all expect to miss the playoffs and suck next year. Doubt Rudolph is the starter, he's awful. I'm as real as it gets. Simple fact... Browns underperformed and alsoay still be looking fkr a franchise QB.
Fact remains...this Steelers team with almost a franchise worst defense, a QB who would start for.
.um....I don't know whom BR would start for, beat the clowns twice...a team many expected to be at the top.
Have a great off-season.. Steelers will be right there with you.
One big difference.....one franchise has routinely found ways to stay relevant, the other plays on the factory of sadness

Joe - Last 4 years of Cowher’s tenure the Steelers were: 2003 6-10, 04 15-1, 05 11-5 (SB Champs) and 06 8-8. In 2019 the Steelers went 8-8 after staring 0-2 when Roethlisberger got hurt in the 2nd game. Thus, they went 8-6 with Mason Rudolph & Duck Hodges as the starting qb’s. Rudolph has started 10 games in his NFL career going 6-3-1.

It’s all about the qb position for both the Browns & Steelers. Both teams & the Ravens are chasing the Bengals & Burrow for the next 10 years. The Browns already picked up Baker's 5th year option prior to the start of this season, he will earn $18.8 mil next year all guaranteed. Brownies have no choice but to run it back with hopefully a heathy Baker next season.

Rodgers, Wilson & Watson are all under contract & would require 3+ first rd draft picks. Brownies could go after a Matt Ryan, Jarred Goth, Kirk Cousins, Crablegs Winston or perhaps Derek Carr but at what cost & how much of an improvement is that over a healthy Baker? Could bring in a former starter for competition w/ Baker: Cleveland native Mitch Trebriskie, Marcus Mariota, Sam Darnold, Jimmy Garropulo, Tua T or a Teddy Bridgewater. Drafting a rookie qb with Baker on the roster seems like a bad idea plus this qb draft class is really weak.

All of these options are the same one's Pittsburgh will look at, I would think the Steelers will take a qb in the 1st or 2nd rd. The Pitt qb will be gone by the time they pick but the Ole Miss, NC, UC or Carson Strong out of Nevada are all possibilities.
No one is chasing the Bengals for the next ten years. They may be good but if you think they are running away with the division for the next decade...yikes.

If I had a million dollars to bet, I would bet it all on the Steelers winning a division title again before the Browns do. The Steelers will find a qb. They have a much, much better shot at attracting a Rodgers, Wilson or Watson than do the Browns. The Steelers have weapons at WR. The Browns do not. The Steelers are respected as a winning organization. The Browns are not.

Cocky?
How so? We all expect to miss the playoffs and suck next year. Doubt Rudolph is the starter, he's awful. I'm as real as it gets. Simple fact... Browns underperformed and alsoay still be looking fkr a franchise QB.
Fact remains...this Steelers team with almost a franchise worst defense, a QB who would start for.
.um....I don't know whom BR would start for, beat the clowns twice...a team many expected to be at the top.
Have a great off-season.. Steelers will be right there with you.
One big difference.....one franchise has routinely found ways to stay relevant, the other plays on the factory of sadness
The Browns have their QB...good luck with old Dented Head.

If I had a million dollars to bet, I would bet it all on the Steelers winning a division title again before the Browns do. The Steelers will find a qb. They have a much, much better shot at attracting a Rodgers, Wilson or Watson than do the Browns. The Steelers have weapons at WR. The Browns do not. The Steelers are respected as a winning organization. The Browns are not.
Those guys are at the end of their careers. So you get a stopgap for a year, congrats.

BTW how bout them Vikings...you know the team that got shut out on their home field after the first drive by the pitiful Browns ?

Those guys are at the end of their careers. So you get a stopgap for a year, congrats.

BTW how bout them Vikings...you know the team that got shut out on their home field after the first drive by the pitiful Browns ?
The Vikings truly need to clean house. Zimmer hasn’t got it done.