2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

I’m watching Big Ben’s farewell and only consistently winning franchises have these type of moments. The Browns don’t have these moments. There has been no real consequence to any of their seasons for decades. Losers lose.

That timeout was wasted. Could have kicked deep.
Amateur hour. With the typical gassed defense when it counted thereafter, whether they'd kicked deep or not. Wasn't Colquitt on his 6th punt in the 3rd, with the game still in reach? My oh my.

Stefanski's worst collapse at the end by far.

I’m watching Big Ben’s farewell and only consistently winning franchises have these type of moments. The Browns don’t have these moments. There has been no real consequence to any of their seasons for decades. Losers lose.
They were in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year ?

The Steelers haven’t had a losing record in two decades and maybe half a dozen…if even that many…since the AFL/NFL merger for the 1970 season. The Browns had a few blips of relevance along the way.

The Steelers haven’t had a losing record in two decades and maybe half a dozen…if even that many…since the AFL/NFL merger for the 1970 season. The Browns had a few blips of relevance along the way.
The Steelers were booted from the playoffs last year by....

That's why I laugh when people reference their great fans...heck its easy to be a fan when the team is always good ?‍♂️

When was the last time the Browns had a legendary HOF QB leave the home field to the adoration of the fans? Otto Graham, maybe. Nobody else approached that level of success or left the Browns on their own terms.

Character. The difference in this game was character - the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual/team. The most talented team probably didn't win but the best team did.

I do agree with those who said run Chubb but of his 58 yards on just 12 carries, 32 of those yards came on one play. Could the Browns have won this game if they fed Chubb 30 carries? Possibly but it’s the 2021/2 NFL. If you can not throw/have a qb, you can not win. The Browns, Steelers & Ravens have to deal with Burrow & the Bengals for the next 10 years. That’s 5-15 for each, drafting cb’s, dt’s, lb’s won’t cut it. You will have to put up points to beat Burrow. The Ravens have Jackson, the Browns & Steelers are in search of a qb.

Browns 2021…last place AFC North. Familiar territory for sure.
The Steelers were still unable to finally put this team away till the onside kick.

Nine sacks and a defense that was on the field most of the game. Yet till a late TD could only kick FGs after they were held to an initial TD for the entire game.

A team that will be one and done in the playoff, that in NO WAY brings back memories of teams that made their tradition. You'll have that.

The Steelers were still unable to finally put this team away till the onside kick.

Nine sacks and a defense that was on the field most of the game. Yet till a late TD could only kick FGs after they were held to an initial TD for the entire game.

A team that will be one and done in the playoff, that in NO WAY brings back memories of teams that made their tradition. You'll have that.
I don't think anyone is arguing that the Steelers are bound for glory if they should somehow sneak into the playoffs. The Steelers' offense has been unwatchable for weeks. Roethlisberger had a 56 rating and averaged a mind-bogglingly low 2.7 yards per pass tonight. Somehow, the Browns managed to put a more unwatchable offensive performance together.

Last edited:
When was the last time the Browns had a legendary HOF QB leave the home field to the adoration of the fans? Otto Graham, maybe. Nobody else approached that level of success or left the Browns on their own terms.
So what? You could say the same for most franchises. You think HOF QBs grow on trees? How many stay in one place?

They are playing for a playoff berth on Sunday…with one of their worst teams since 1970. The Browns are still trying to ride the fumes of their lone playoff win since 1994, which is fitting for a franchise that’s won a grand total of FIVE postseason games since 1970. Five.

I don't think anyone is arguing that this Steeler team is bound for glory. The Steelers' offense has been unwatchable for weeks. Roethlisberger had a 56 rating and averaged a mind-bogglingly low 2.7 yards per pass. Somehow, the Browns managed to put a more unwatchable offensive performance together.
When you're evaluating the state of the Browns, realize where "your" team is when you continue to post the obvious.

We'll see which team rebounds and has further to come, to correct their problems?!

Character. The difference in this game was character - the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual/team. The most talented team probably didn't win but the best team did.

I do agree with those who said run Chubb but of his 58 yards on just 12 carries, 32 of those yards came on one play. Could the Browns have won this game if they fed Chubb 30 carries? Possibly but it’s the 2021/2 NFL. If you can not throw/have a qb, you can not win. The Browns, Steelers & Ravens have to deal with Burrow & the Bengals for the next 10 years. That’s 5-15 for each, drafting cb’s, dt’s, lb’s won’t cut it. You will have to put up points to beat Burrow. The Ravens have Jackson, the Browns & Steelers are in search of a qb.
Deal with the Bengals ?

Jackson sucks. Heck Huntley is a better QB.

The Pats won a game a few weeks ago with what, 3 pass attempts?

They arent making the playoffs.

They are playing for a playoff berth on Sunday…with one of their worst teams since 1970. The Browns are still trying to ride the fumes of their lone playoff win since 1994, which is fitting for a franchise that’s won a grand total of FIVE postseason games since 1970. Five.
They tied the worst team in football at home. That's why they'll be sitting at home with the Browns watching the playoffs.

When you're evaluating the state of the Browns, realize where "your" team is when you continue to post the obvious.

We'll see which team rebounds and has further to come, to correct their problems?!
I'm just a general NFL fan. The Browns lost me a few years ago. I don't have a team anymore.

They've proven NOTHING and IF they make the playoffs, will be out the first round, as one of the lower seeded teams.

Try and make yourself feel good about beating a team, that is underperforming for various reasons and have a much better outlook.

You KNOW Baltimore isn't going to hand you the game with their QB back!

The Steelers haven't hit bottom yet, so I understand you taking the "small" victories, they clearly only have, in their future!

Last edited:
They've proven NOTHING and IF they make the playoffs, will be out the first round, as one of the lower seeded teams.

Try and make yourself feel good about beating a team, that is underperforming for various reasons and have a much better outlook.

The Steelers haven't hit bottom yet, so I understand you taking the "small" victories, they clearly only have, in their future!
Not a Steelers fan. Just pointing out their worst seasons rival some of the Browns best over the past few decades.

y2h - “Deal with the Bengals ?

Jackson sucks. Heck Huntley is a better QB.

The Pats won a game a few weeks ago with what, 3 pass attempts”
—————————-
Y2h - 1) you are a fool if you do not realize who the new sheriff in the AFC North is. It’s Burrow & the Bengals. 2) Saying Bal qb Lamar Jackson “sucks” shows a lack of football knowledge on your part. 3) Good luck in winning consistently in today’s NFL by throwing only 3 times a game. Maybe you should suggest the Browns start running the wing T.

Not a Steelers fan. Just pointing out their worst seasons rival some of the Browns best over the past few decades.
Just realize you're not talking about THE BROWNS but an expansion team, that has been mismanaged for years.

The "Cleveland Browns" tradition, this team inherited, includes NFL Champions and HOF coaches and players.

Mayfield cost the Browns the playoffs when he got hurt early, as the Browns lost a lot of close games because of coaching decisions and his performance.

The Browns have correctable problems to qualify for the playoffs, while the Steelers rebuild their team.

History would indicate that the Steelers might rebound quicker because of the difference in the team's management.

Last edited: