Dublin Coffman 2022

Harrycrane

Never said he wasn’t brought in to do the job in a certain way . Great that the coach has to do things the AD tells him too to steer the mess of a program in a new direction .?Not open for replies why ? I don’t care who you like or don’t . I have a near photographic memory and know what you have posted here for years and it’s not good where it pertains to the program until now. Nothing wrong with being a critic and you certainly have been over the years Then you basically say you have no opinion at all on anything and are just reporting . (. Good lord just own your opinions ( Crager is a bad coach you have said multiple times and the kids don’t work hard ) Not triggered here guy . Just honest. If you claim to be part of the program and know everything that goes on tell us or shut up . You’ve suddenly started bring a regular poster on these spaces after a decade plus once Crabtree was on the way out . Coincidence ? I remember pretty much your complete narrative on Coffnan football as an occasional troll here . Now it’s a full time thing . Unfortunately we’re stuck I guess . You’re telling us Stokes will usher in a long time golden era of Coffnan football and is here indefinitely . I hope so . I’m sure he told you so ..

Last edited:

Have said I like Stokes style and leadership ideas and his overall success is impressive ., Hope he does well . Yes you believe everything people tell you it seems . I don’t . I have sources that I believe . Doesn’t mean anything going forward . You implied during the season that there was a reason the team
Was getting beat up . (. No guts just saying it’s. Crabtree fault which any idiot knows you were getting at ). I remember what people post especially the negative stuff which has been your stance on Coffman football for many years now . Own the opinion. It’s silly to say you have none and like everyone . You’ve been at this for a long time . Stop insulting people by saying you have no
Opinion . Why do you that ?

Harry I think you should make a New Years resolution to erase the past and embrace the future.
Condescending Pri$ck much. Embrace what ? Erase what ? It’s a football forum and a place to offer what you think and see . You think it’s for something else and what anyone thinks is irrelevant . You don’t make this space better in any way . Sorry it’s true and it’s not about unpopular posts . Just own your opinions , I’ve read them and remember them . May be you take this space over next year . Tell us things no one is disputing . We all know why He ( Adm) hired who he did and what he wants him to do . Time will tell if they get and develop enough horses to win some races and or this works out .(. Why not move here , yes I know he may never move from his hometown ) Liberty and UA have excellent strength programs and cultures AND more players and good coaches . If Stokes has lower numbers and turns off kids in the building and doesn’t cultivate more interest at the younger levels ? It won’t work and your take that this is the Golden age of Coffmsn football will be way off . ( as if it’s been a bad era the last two decades ?)

Not looking back at the past at all . Just judging some’s silly takes on it as of it was a bad culture with mediocre Coaches) Yes I remember you claiming both things along with other negative opinions so no need to deny it . It’s ok you’re entitled to your take on the last regime and era . But I can disagree with bad takes or others opinions on what must be changed now .

You have no idea if he will have less players or less horses or whatever you think that means. I don’t know what “you heard”. But come over to the Quinn center at 6 am next week. Count whos in there. See what they look like. Quit hearing.

“turning off kids”. This is nonsense you are hearing.

and check your spelling and typos in your rambling posts. You’re getting angry and it shows in your clumsy typing

I know the talent level which I’ve seen with my own eyes . I know they are working hard and will tackle better this fall . I know the MS interest level
and success level) personnel) the last handful of years . Not a mystery . Hope to see improvement next year . If they can outwork everyone that’s great and win the normal 8 games or so I’ll be excited and happy fur the kids . I’ll leave the weight room spectatorship to you . ( you really watch them lift who does this besides coaches ? ). Go Rocks

I know the talent level which I’ve seen with my own eyes . I know they are working hard and will tackle better this fall . I know the MS interest level
and success level) personnel) the last handful of years . Not a mystery . Hope to see improvement next year . If they can outwork everyone that’s great and win the normal 8 games or so I’ll be excited and happy fur the kids . I’ll leave the weight room spectatorship to you . ( you really watch them lift who does this besides coaches ? ). Go Rocks
We can agree on this: Go Rocks!

You have no idea if he will have less players or less horses or whatever you think that means. I don’t know what “you heard”. But come over to the Quinn center at 6 am next week. Count whos in there. See what they look like. Quit hearing.

and check your spelling and typos in your rambling posts. You’re getting angry and it shows in your clumsy typing
Angry ? Ahh not really ( about what ?) All thumbs
On My phone may be and I corrected it . Not taking crap from a guy who won’t even own his opinions isn’t anger. and who has been a more purposeful troll here the last year than you ?Again coincidence? I don’t share your opinion about some things .?That’s ok and common on forums but you acting as if you have all the answers and then denying having an opinion is weak. No one cares what Duane or the principal thinks about the football program. Seriously the hire was made last year after the previous coach resigned . What they think means zero as to whether the program
Will win and be successful . Hopefully we see a big jump in quality and performance
ON THE FIELD . You can tell us if they are beating the Libertys UA’s and Davidson’s in the room of weight ?

Last edited:
Angry ? Ahh not really ( about what ?) All thumbs
On My phone may be and I corrected it . Not taking crap from a guy who won’t even own his opinions isn’t anger. and who has been a more purposeful troll here the last year than you ?Again coincidence? I don’t share your opinion about the knowledge you tell us you have.
Harry why do you want to rehash this. It doesn’t matter what my opinion is.

question: do you think Crabtree gets another head coaching job and if he does where? He wasn’t really tired of coaching. He put as much work into being the OC at desales as he did at Coffman. And he went to desales very soon after announcing his resignation. So he wants to coach. What do you think

I just I hope he doesn’t . Are you saying that strong personality and style didn’t keep a few away last year ? The Minster situation wasn’t great at the end ., You can think people are lying at that the interest level in football hasn’t dipped for a while now in Dublin and some other communities and that there hasn’t been a talent dip . It’s your right to be more optimistic or only believe certain people or opinions . You acting as if YOU know exactly how things are going to go ,or have a better idea what people are going to do because someone told you is silly . Jobs and situations are fluid . You are old enough to know this right ?

I just I hope he doesn’t . Are you saying that strong personality and style didn’t keep a few away last year ? The Minster situation wasn’t great at the end ., You can think people are lying at that the interest level in football hasn’t dipped for a while now in Dublin and some other communities and that there hasn’t been a talent dip . It’s your right to be more optimistic or only believe certain people or opinions . You acting as if YOU know exactly how things are going to go ,or have a better idea what people are going to do because someone told you is silly . Jobs and situations are fluid . You are old enough to know this right ?
I have zero idea exactly how things are going to go. No one does.
I have a better idea than most. ?

Harry why do you want to rehash this. It doesn’t matter what my opinion is.

question: do you think Crabtree gets another head coaching job and if he does where? He wasn’t really tired of coaching. He put as much work into being the OC at desales as he did at Coffman. And he went to desales very soon after announcing his resignation. So he wants to coach. What do you think

I think he stays at DeSales as long as his kid is there . I hope he gets a Head job if he wants it . All smack aside i really wish the best for everyone including you . I am interested in seeing how Stokes and the program progresses with a full year . I know the players get stronger and are coached hard under Stokes . My opinion is still that runs of consistent success in programs have a shelf life and it just goes down and ebbs ., I have thought fir a while Coffman was looking at a dip soon . It’s here . That’s why I speak of numbers and interst at the lower levels . It’s dipped . No need denying it and thinking it doesn’t matter . It does . Coffman plays a competitive schedule. Many of these teams also work hard and have good coaches and cultures. This is a tough rebuild . No getting around it

UA is geographically restricted but only has one High School so may be easier for Coach B to grow his program with buy in from the community which he has done at Tri-Valley, Granville and now UA. Everything except some St C's and Watterson feeds thru Jones and Hastings. Liberty is different but that District has grown immensely and the Lady Liberties (new mascot) have enjoyed success which has led to more success. Dublin is growing North and West and it may be interesting to see how lines get drawn as Grizzell will send folks to Coffman. Again, numbers PLAYING in DFL and Middle School way down. There are a few kids who jump on board as a freshman, but most have played for awhile when they get there. Stokes "Bull in the Ring" drill outlawed by the School Board. Just kidding. He has free reign. Or so we have been told.

UA is geographically restricted but only has one High School so may be easier for Coach B to grow his program with buy in from the community which he has done at Tri-Valley, Granville and now UA. Everything except some St C's and Watterson feeds thru Jones and Hastings. Liberty is different but that District has grown immensely and the Lady Liberties (new mascot) have enjoyed success which has led to more success. Dublin is growing North and West and it may be interesting to see how lines get drawn as Grizzell will send folks to Coffman. Again, numbers PLAYING in DFL and Middle School way down. There are a few kids who jump on board as a freshman, but most have played for awhile when they get there. Stokes "Bull in the Ring" drill outlawed by the School Board. Just kidding. He has free reign. Or so we have been told.
Holy crap. A “Bull in the ring reference. I can’t believe some of the things we did including bull in the ring. That wasn’t run at the HS level though. Nutcracker and some other heavy contact stuff yes. Went full pads more back then of course.

Last edited:
Last night's Saints - Dolphin's game had a decided pre-season feel to it, as there was just a visceral difference in level of play. Tua is not getting people to admit they underestimated him. Umm how so? He was always pretty accurate, was well coached at the college level in terms of preparation and his mental make-up is good. Still has the same limitations and is a dink and dunk QB whose team asks him to complete most of his passes for limited yardage and to please not turn the ball over. Line moved over 7 points during the week. Grabbed the Fins laying a short number on the Book news. Was easier than I thought. Nice win for the guys.

19-26 for 198 respectable 7.6 an attempt with a TD and a pick. 91 Passer rating. Team had a solid if unspectacular run game and they have a stud rookie Waddle who seems to be like a Davante Admas is to Rodgers at times. Dolphins defense has really picked it up, but the roster of QB's and teams they have played the last 6 weeks is less than spectacular. Defense with a cover 0 blitz every down shut down Lamar and the Ravens who even then were limited by injury's, beat the Texans and Tyrod Taylor next. Almost forgotten Joe Flacco and the mighty Jets were next on the chopping block. Beat them by a TD. i would imagine that half of casual NFL fans might have guessed Flacco was sitting on a beach somewhere sipping an expensive cocktail counting his money from that massive contract the Ravens overpaid him with after the SB win. [ I called that one the next day as being a contract that would be an albatross}. Dumpster fire Carolina and Cam Newton/ PJ Walker were next up and dispatched. The Immortal Mike Glennon and the horrible Giants were next and Glennon is still in the league why? It's not because of what he does on the field obviously.

Jets and Wilson were then dispatched and last night Ian Book provided the big challenge. In other words, there is no need to revise your thoughts on Tua at all. He can be a good solid QB in this league and win games. What he isn't is a top 5 pick stud who can carry you if need be. He throws accurate out and slant passes, doesn't throw a ton of picks and is also a limited athlete and arm talent. This winning streak doesn't change my opinion. Not sure why it does for others. Good kid and has done a good job as the Dolphins were as bad as it gets there for about 4-5 weeks. Nice turnaround, but this hasn't been a Tua revelation. He's the same guy, the competition has waned, and the defense has been very good and improved. Tua is about what we think he is. I never thought he couldn't win games, especially looking at the last 6 weeks. These two weeks will be a bit more revealing. At Tennessee and then they host the Patriots in the last game. Looking at the UNDER in the Tenn- Miami game. It's 41.5. Hoping it will go up. Ian Book isn't an NFL QB. Head to South Bend every year, if possible, for a game or two. Have seen Book play in person a few times. Remember an ND fam asking me about Book's NFL potential. Let's just say if last night was an early indicator? I was right. If he was a baseball player, he would be a career double AA guy who is good in mentoring the younger 'Real " prospects.

Arizona has faded the last three years in the second half of the season under Kingsbury. Trend that can't be ignored. Murray is about 5-9 200 pounds. He seems to wear down and when he doesn't do well? Or isn't really sharp? The team loses more than it wins. 27-43 for a paltry 245 yards. 5.7 an attempt is low, and the 86 PR is lower than an elite QB needs to beat a decent team. The Colts were ripe with double digit starters out by game's end. And while he did run for 74 yards on only 4 attempts, the Cards don't have the traditional run game. WR Green only had one catch for 22 yards. Wentz wasn't great but more efficient [8 yards an attempt, 113 PR} and of course he has Jonathan Taylor. Cards appear to be a non-factor in the play-offs.

Carolina is a mess. Sam Darnold is simply not a viable NFL franchise QB. Hate to say that because he is such a good kid who you want to succeed. Not everyone can be as fluid or gifted with the rhythm, timing and fluidity of Rodgers, Mahomes and a Montana back in the day. But he is clunky, doesn't have that timing and fluidity, an innate feel in the pocket and a lack of accuracy that comes with throwing the ball on time, in rhythm. Hard to describe sometimes, but you know it when you see it or don't see it. Joe Burrow obviously has that feel and timing. he's fluid and balanced. 15-32 for 190 ? 66 PR ?

Speaking of not being an elite top level NFL franchise guy. Baker may be out in Cleveland. He simply isn't the answer. He isn't getting better. He is in fact regressing. Can't turn the ball over as much as he does and be the guy. I wish it was better for the Browns, having friends who are fans and living here. But the roster is too good to be where they are and Baker is not only not helping, but he's also hurting the effort.

Rodgers and Baker both had lower 6 yards an attempt outings and Baker had a great run game, so what was the difference? Rodgers with no picks and Baker with 4 which could have easily been 5 or 6. Packer's defense dropped an easy throw that would have ended the game up two scores. Browns then scored quickly after and then Davante Adams had a rare drop on third down that would have ended the game as well. Browns got it back and then the controversial pick [Jersey gran happened but this wasn't called on some Packers receivers on a few occasions that I saw during the game. Many opined that it was the NFL version of the crime of the century. It wasn't. Browns simply don't have the right guy pulling the trigger. They have most of the other pieces.

Jimmy G has a lot of critics. Some of it is unfair and he is a solid guy most of the time and the Niners clearly aren't as good when he is out. BUT his two picks vs Tennessee were THE difference in that ballgame, and both were terrible in terms of where they were committed [One took 3-7 points AWAY from his team} and one set up a very short field and GAVE the opponent points. Ballgame. He had the better team, but those two plays gave life to the Titans, and they took advantage. Nice 9.2 an attempt 322 yards, BUT the two really bad throws [Not unlucky tipped balls or dropped pass deflections, these were two really poor bad throws} were fatal.

Speaking of fatal. The Charger's run defense is going to a fatal flaw that will kill them. Herbert like Jimmy G had some nice numbers with 9.6 and attempt, high completion percentage, but two bad picks with one being returned for a TD spelled doom. Well, that and the gashing they receive defending the run. Sony Michel and Rex Burkhead, two ex-Patriots had big days. Texans Burkhead went for 150 [7 YPA} and the Rams Michel went for 130 [5 YPA} . The Rams knew they needed to run the ball more to control games and be more physical. Michel has really helped with that. Akers is reportedly getting closer to a possible return for the Rams at RB? Interesting. Stafford wasn't good. Three picks and a 47 PR. Lower yards per attempt and a less than solid and efficient 21-37.

Vikings simply find ways to lose games. Good knack for it. Cousins certainly outplayed Stafford by a wide margin really, but no Dalvin Cook and the Rams rushed for 100 yards more than the Vikings did.

College futures [Win totals} bit the dust so to speak, hit a couple bigger ones but lost a couple units overall. NFL looks very good though as we look to cash pretty big and win overall in our football future win plays. Got some early lines but the limits at that time in what you can wager are lower. So we got the early numbers but also played at the later number at higher limits as well. Patriots went from 9 to 9.5. Got a taste at 9 but grabbed the 9.5 thinking they really had a great chance to win 10. KEY play just like the Patriots UNDER was last year as the guys know.

The beat Jax this Sunday, the ticket cashes. Getting the Jets and Jax at UNDER 6 were other key plays. Both will cash although the Jets 'Could" conceivably push if they win the last two to finish 6-11. Not happening. [Play Tampa and Buffalo} So 3-1 seems definite right now. Browns OVER 9.5 was an early number that went up eventually to 10.5. Hedged a bit lately to negate that loss a bit. Two than hang in the balance are the Colts and Saints, Got Indy OVER 9 and the Saints at UNDER 9.5 early at a lower limit, but grabbed them a bit more at 9. Saints' loss last night was huge. No need to hedge. Saints can win 9 and push the one and we win the other IF they win the last two. Hedge could take place as they play the wretched Panthers and then the Falcons on the road. The Colts at wins now seem a pretty safe bet to get to 10 and cash. Home vs. the Raiders who still have play-off hope isn't a lock but at Jax the next week certainly looks like it. So best case is 5-1 which is really good. 4-2-1 worst case if Saints win both.

A few bowl games today that are interesting. A few plays look OK. Still getting some later information.

Incredible stat I ran across. Notre Dame NFL QB's are on a 0-24 run including Ian Book's loss last night. Last win? Coffman's Brady Quinn in 2012. NINE YEARS AGO!! YIKES. Reminds me of anohter Coffman QB being part of a bad stat. Navy went on a long winning streak over Army and at the time it was almost a decade, and the question was who the last Army QB was to beat Navy. Dublin Coffman's Chad Jenkins was the answer. Commentators were calling Sean Payton the QB 'Whisperer" last night. Say what? Why? Drew Brees was a total stiff when he came to the Saints? Exactly what other QB has he done wonders with to garner that moniker?

Mike Leach may be kind of crazy as in mad scientist type crazy. He is a good football coach to be sure, but he's a bit shall we say eccentric. If a person is of average intelligence and or kind of dim, we call them crazy. If they are pretty sharp at what they do? Eccentric. A mad scientist may be. Leach was fired a dozen years ago at Texas Tech. He still holds a grudge. He still thinks they owe him money in fact. His presser was priceless. He is still holding this grudge and most of us know that Leach doesn't really need a reason to rub it in when his team is rolling. Give him a reason with the better team? I got Miss State at - 9.5, it's 10 and may climb. Get now. At the very least we are looking at a 'front " door cover I believe. If Leach has any opportunity to rub it in TT's face he will do it. He might not have to front door this. But if we need it? I like our chances. MSU by 13-17?

Some early refreshers. Got many of these games early and of course there is risk as well as good line value opportunities. A lot of this so fluid. Right up until kick-off in some games. Tennessee at - 3 was a good get back 2-3 weeks ago. Purdue is in a worse place right now and I think UT gets the TD plus win. Line is now 5.5-6. Got Michigan State - 1 and it is now 2.5 and may rise. I like MSU to be more focused than Pitt whose QB Pickett being out, and he has been the guy there for many years. Tucker wants to justify the contract, and this is a good start to next year. MSU is the tougher grittier team and will have an effort advantage, I think. MSU by TD plus?

Oregon is in a bad place right now. 30 guys aren't playing. Teams are losing players to opt outs, transfers, and injury issues. Some more than others which is what we are trying to decipher. I know team's personnel really well, but when you get late opt out's and COVID issues it's tougher to gauge some fundamental matchups. Getting good numbers is more imperative in some cases. Unprecedented times in handicapping these games no question. Got Oklahoma at - 4. It's now - 7.

One game we got less value was Notre Dame - 2.5 over Okie State. It's now - 1.5. Still like the Domers here to beat a very disappointed Cowboy program. Involved in two plays with Minnesota. Got the Gophers on the ML at - 175 over West Virginia parlayed with Michigan State. over Pitt for a small + return. Minnesota - 5 teased with Houston + 1.5-2 as well. Minnesota just having to win and Houston to stay within 8 vs Auburn. Auburn has multiple guys out via transfer and opt outs including their main offensive threats [QB Nix RB and WR} and has many more guys out than Houston has. Auburn also has a new OC for this game. Houston can and may should win the game.

Total that looks good is OVER 54.5 in the Air Force- Louisville game. AF was an under team for us overall cashing some tickets during the year, but in this case both defenses should have some trouble with the other's offenses. AF hasn't seen many with this type of speed and scoring ability and tempo. Cardinals don't stop the run well [72nd } . 34- 28 gets us there.

Wait a minute, AHM is a Coffman fan now?

:stirthepot:
He just started trolling me full time this year and was never really in theses spaces either on the huddle or here for the last decade plus. UNTIL THIS YEAR. He is a much bigger fan now because Crabtree and co are gone. he saw them as a huge problem, and he hated the changing demos and bad culture he thought was taking hold. He started coming to this space full time for the FIRST time right about a year and change ago. Trolling all the way as he has always been a detractor of Coffman program under Crabtree. He now loves the program because Crabby is gone and he thinks may be the culture will now change and the bad elements will be gone, and the winning will be done the 'right " way [Lesser players and a different complexion?} I like the new coach who is a bit more aggressive and definitely different than the previous very successful coach over the last two decades [He hates when I bring this up because he didn't like the way they won [Stupid take} .

He will remain here full time unfortunately as he loves the new team and coach and is telling people it is now the golden age of Coffman football now that the crappy culture and coaches are finally gone. I never knew he was the long time Coffman fan he 'CLAIMS" to have been, I always thought he was a detractor because that's what he was for many years. Who knew he wasn't? Maybe he is just anti Crabtree and the changing demo's adn culture and he did hate a few players for sure, and now he likes the new coach and the players better. He may change his tune any minute. though.

He once said that the new coach wasn't hired because of his record, but to clean up what he thinks was a dirty program [Bull crap} yet when they upset a depleted Wayne team, he bellowed that Stokes was brought here to win playoff games. Seems as if he will keep trolling me. He thinks he knows a ton and has all the answers about how things work because the AD and principal tell him stuff [They aren't football guys} and I know nothing about what wins and what doesn't'. He thinks the program is better now. Hope he is right

I promise to not antagonize you
For my New Years resolution. But that’s three days away.

questions for you.
do you think stokes will ever miss a game because OHSAA suspends him?
do you think he will lie to his AD about a transfers residency?
do you think he will ever let a player pick and choose when and against who he plays.

We have three days until the new year. Tread lightly Harry. I have more examples and this might get very embarrassing to your glorious memories of the past 20 years. You might not like what you hear. I’m starting off easy with the public examples.

youd be smart to move on to the future Harry. But you be you and see where it goes.
Yes I know all the history and YOUR history and YOUR attitudes and your takes [Many chitty ones the racist bigoted old-fashioned stupid ETC. ] You act as if you know the details about everything but never talk about what got him suspended? IF you knew that story you would think it ridiculous as those with a clue do. You've brought ALL of this up many times before. By all means bring up all of what you perceive as dirt. Why would it embarrass me? Angry lonely old men act like you do I feel for you. I really do. By all means keep going. I mean it. It obviously makes you feel better to act as if you are better than others more ethical holier lmao. } I know and see what you do but think much less of it than you do. Maybe you are much more judgmental bore. Yes I know the Phipps story, MANY programs have Senior transfers, some many more over the years recently than Coffman. Some get to play only 5 games. Lie? k. Drennan being a diva has been talked about by me for years. This is news? Kid said he was hurt. Crabtree just let him not play when healthy is your take? LIE. I think you're a racist person. PERIOD. No one admits being racist so don't bother with the denial. Tread lightly? A threat? From you? Go for it. Disclose all the dirt you say you have . By all means. I'm fine with you doing it. You are so disingenuous. That and being a long-time troll denotes the chit stain of a person you are. TRUTH .

That guy posed a legit question. WAIT a minute" This guy is a Coffman fan now"?? Phony disingenuous troll.

Last edited:
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

It’s of no matter Harry. I’m not going there.
You are of no matter. I agree with that. Being a troll and being totally disingenuous is a crappy way to go about your business. You know looking for people on threads for the sole purpose of trolling? You see what I'm getting at? I always ask these types of people to go start their own threads and use their time that way. Most don't because they don't have much to say besides trolling and reacting to others. if that's who you are and what you offer? I get it. We're stuck with you here. We had a good run. You weren't here fulltime until now [Crabtree resigning}.

You are of no matter. I agree with that. Being a troll and being totally disingenuous is a crappy way to go about your business. You know looking for people on threads for the sole purpose of trolling? You see what I'm getting at? I always ask these types of people to go start their own threads and use their time that way. Most don't because they don't have much to say besides trolling and reacting to others. if that's who you are and what you offer? I get it. We're stuck with you here. We had a good run. You weren't here fulltime until now [Crabtree resigning}.
Thank you

Last night's Saints - Dolphin's game had a decided pre-season feel to it, as there was just a visceral difference in level of play. Tua is not getting people to admit they underestimated him. Umm how so? He was always pretty accurate, was well coached at the college level in terms of preparation and his mental make-up is good. Still has the same limitations and is a dink and dunk QB whose team asks him to complete most of his passes for limited yardage and to please not turn the ball over. Line moved over 7 points during the week. Grabbed the Fins laying a short number on the Book news. Was easier than I thought. Nice win for the guys.

19-26 for 198 respectable 7.6 an attempt with a TD and a pick. 91 Passer rating. Team had a solid if unspectacular run game and they have a stud rookie Waddle who seems to be like a Davante Admas is to Rodgers at times. Dolphins defense has really picked it up, but the roster of QB's and teams they have played the last 6 weeks is less than spectacular. Defense with a cover 0 blitz every down shut down Lamar and the Ravens who even then were limited by injury's, beat the Texans and Tyrod Taylor next. Almost forgotten Joe Flacco and the mighty Jets were next on the chopping block. Beat them by a TD. i would imagine that half of casual NFL fans might have guessed Flacco was sitting on a beach somewhere sipping an expensive cocktail counting his money from that massive contract the Ravens overpaid him with after the SB win. [ I called that one the next day as being a contract that would be an albatross}. Dumpster fire Carolina and Cam Newton/ PJ Walker were next up and dispatched. The Immortal Mike Glennon and the horrible Giants were next and Glennon is still in the league why? It's not because of what he does on the field obviously.

Jets and Wilson were then dispatched and last night Ian Book provided the big challenge. In other words, there is no need to revise your thoughts on Tua at all. He can be a good solid QB in this league and win games. What he isn't is a top 5 pick stud who can carry you if need be. He throws accurate out and slant passes, doesn't throw a ton of picks and is also a limited athlete and arm talent. This winning streak doesn't change my opinion. Not sure why it does for others. Good kid and has done a good job as the Dolphins were as bad as it gets there for about 4-5 weeks. Nice turnaround, but this hasn't been a Tua revelation. He's the same guy, the competition has waned, and the defense has been very good and improved. Tua is about what we think he is. I never thought he couldn't win games, especially looking at the last 6 weeks. These two weeks will be a bit more revealing. At Tennessee and then they host the Patriots in the last game. Looking at the UNDER in the Tenn- Miami game. It's 41.5. Hoping it will go up. Ian Book isn't an NFL QB. Head to South Bend every year, if possible, for a game or two. Have seen Book play in person a few times. Remember an ND fam asking me about Book's NFL potential. Let's just say if last night was an early indicator? I was right. If he was a baseball player, he would be a career double AA guy who is good in mentoring the younger 'Real " prospects.

Arizona has faded the last three years in the second half of the season under Kingsbury. Trend that can't be ignored. Murray is about 5-9 200 pounds. He seems to wear down and when he doesn't do well? Or isn't really sharp? The team loses more than it wins. 27-43 for a paltry 245 yards. 5.7 an attempt is low, and the 86 PR is lower than an elite QB needs to beat a decent team. The Colts were ripe with double digit starters out by game's end. And while he did run for 74 yards on only 4 attempts, the Cards don't have the traditional run game. WR Green only had one catch for 22 yards. Wentz wasn't great but more efficient [8 yards an attempt, 113 PR} and of course he has Jonathan Taylor. Cards appear to be a non-factor in the play-offs.

Carolina is a mess. Sam Darnold is simply not a viable NFL franchise QB. Hate to say that because he is such a good kid who you want to succeed. Not everyone can be as fluid or gifted with the rhythm, timing and fluidity of Rodgers, Mahomes and a Montana back in the day. But he is clunky, doesn't have that timing and fluidity, an innate feel in the pocket and a lack of accuracy that comes with throwing the ball on time, in rhythm. Hard to describe sometimes, but you know it when you see it or don't see it. Joe Burrow obviously has that feel and timing. he's fluid and balanced. 15-32 for 190 ? 66 PR ?

Speaking of not being an elite top level NFL franchise guy. Baker may be out in Cleveland. He simply isn't the answer. He isn't getting better. He is in fact regressing. Can't turn the ball over as much as he does and be the guy. I wish it was better for the Browns, having friends who are fans and living here. But the roster is too good to be where they are and Baker is not only not helping, but he's also hurting the effort.

Rodgers and Baker both had lower 6 yards an attempt outings and Baker had a great run game, so what was the difference? Rodgers with no picks and Baker with 4 which could have easily been 5 or 6. Packer's defense dropped an easy throw that would have ended the game up two scores. Browns then scored quickly after and then Davante Adams had a rare drop on third down that would have ended the game as well. Browns got it back and then the controversial pick [Jersey gran happened but this wasn't called on some Packers receivers on a few occasions that I saw during the game. Many opined that it was the NFL version of the crime of the century. It wasn't. Browns simply don't have the right guy pulling the trigger. They have most of the other pieces.

Jimmy G has a lot of critics. Some of it is unfair and he is a solid guy most of the time and the Niners clearly aren't as good when he is out. BUT his two picks vs Tennessee were THE difference in that ballgame, and both were terrible in terms of where they were committed [One took 3-7 points AWAY from his team} and one set up a very short field and GAVE the opponent points. Ballgame. He had the better team, but those two plays gave life to the Titans, and they took advantage. Nice 9.2 an attempt 322 yards, BUT the two really bad throws [Not unlucky tipped balls or dropped pass deflections, these were two really poor bad throws} were fatal.

Speaking of fatal. The Charger's run defense is going to a fatal flaw that will kill them. Herbert like Jimmy G had some nice numbers with 9.6 and attempt, high completion percentage, but two bad picks with one being returned for a TD spelled doom. Well, that and the gashing they receive defending the run. Sony Michel and Rex Burkhead, two ex-Patriots had big days. Texans Burkhead went for 150 [7 YPA} and the Rams Michel went for 130 [5 YPA} . The Rams knew they needed to run the ball more to control games and be more physical. Michel has really helped with that. Akers is reportedly getting closer to a possible return for the Rams at RB? Interesting. Stafford wasn't good. Three picks and a 47 PR. Lower yards per attempt and a less than solid and efficient 21-37.

Vikings simply find ways to lose games. Good knack for it. Cousins certainly outplayed Stafford by a wide margin really, but no Dalvin Cook and the Rams rushed for 100 yards more than the Vikings did.

College futures [Win totals} bit the dust so to speak, hit a couple bigger ones but lost a couple units overall. NFL looks very good though as we look to cash pretty big and win overall in our football future win plays. Got some early lines but the limits at that time in what you can wager are lower. So we got the early numbers but also played at the later number at higher limits as well. Patriots went from 9 to 9.5. Got a taste at 9 but grabbed the 9.5 thinking they really had a great chance to win 10. KEY play just like the Patriots UNDER was last year as the guys know.

The beat Jax this Sunday, the ticket cashes. Getting the Jets and Jax at UNDER 6 were other key plays. Both will cash although the Jets 'Could" conceivably push if they win the last two to finish 6-11. Not happening. [Play Tampa and Buffalo} So 3-1 seems definite right now. Browns OVER 9.5 was an early number that went up eventually to 10.5. Hedged a bit lately to negate that loss a bit. Two than hang in the balance are the Colts and Saints, Got Indy OVER 9 and the Saints at UNDER 9.5 early at a lower limit, but grabbed them a bit more at 9. Saints' loss last night was huge. No need to hedge. Saints can win 9 and push the one and we win the other IF they win the last two. Hedge could take place as they play the wretched Panthers and then the Falcons on the road. The Colts at wins now seem a pretty safe bet to get to 10 and cash. Home vs. the Raiders who still have play-off hope isn't a lock but at Jax the next week certainly looks like it. So best case is 5-1 which is really good. 4-2-1 worst case if Saints win both.

A few bowl games today that are interesting. A few plays look OK. Still getting some later information.
a little info... Ethan Wolf Minster Grad and Tennessee Grad, who played for Stokes in his first year at Minster, caught his FIRST NFL pass for the Saints last night against Miami...

Nope. As the gif suggests....it's just getting starting to get good. Can't wait to see what is next in the Coffman soap opera.
You care about Coffman football? Hmm tell us a bit about yourself adn what about the content here interests you ? A lot of people just read and never really post unless they have an actual take or interest on the content. Just curious why you read a thread like this and what about it interests you and why you would care? Probably one of the few gifs posted here in years. Not that type of thread. I know guys like you read this sapce, but if I may ask, why post now?

a little info... Ethan Wolf Minster Grad and Tennessee Grad, who played for Stokes in his first year at Minster, caught his FIRST NFL pass for the Saints last night against Miami...
Saw that Kat and interjected that to the people I was watching with [ Coffman coach , coached that kid at his previous school. } Very cool . Good for him .