Western Buckeye League 21-22

I missed that game, but did see it was a convincing win for Rossford.

I'm sure someone else on here saw both though.

I got there a little late and spent some time talking bowling with the guy running the concession stand. Didn't realize the varsity game had started until half way through the first quarter. Rossford was up by double digits already. Seems like they were just making shots at the start of the game. All 5 starters can shoot it.

In reading Lehman's comments after the game, he wasn't happy with Defiance's defensive effort, either. Rossford likes to leak one guy out in transition when the opposing team puts a shot up and if you're not getting back they'll get 4 or 5 easy baskets every game that way. I also got the impression that Zachrich missed quite a few shots he normally makes. He was excellent last year against a better Rossford team and Defiance led much of that game on Rossford's home floor.

Did you see the Rossford/Defiance game? Interested in your thoughts on Parks compared to Vorst. They are AAU teammates.

Rossford shot the ball very well against Defiance.
I saw both, and it's not fair to compare them because, well...Defiance played defense against St. Marys and did not against Rossford. I was pretty surprised Defiance was never in the game against Rossford because I figured last year's Rossford team would be better than this year's, and Defiance would be better this year with almost everyone back. I will say Rossford made a bunch of threes early and shot well, while St. Marys missed a bunch and shot poorly, so maybe that affected the games. The one kid on Rossford is a slasher that I don't think St. Marys has. Neither Parks nor Vorst did much in the games I saw, but Vorst didn't have to because Rossford was canning threes.

I was trying to be funny. But when you are 6 or 7 inches taller than anyone else on the floor and being recruited by BIG schools, I would hope that you can score.
ML might be taller than SM so I dont believe that was the case against ML

They don’t. Have a 6’8 sophomore (brother of the 6’10 Knapke who played at Toledo) and a 6’7 freshman. Both start varsity I believe.
That is not 6-7" shorter. Marion is big, across their starting 5. I did not see the game, but with SM shooting ability, I am sure the Marion coach doubled anytime Parks touch the ball with 6'6"-6'8". So he would have been surrounded by comparable height is the point.

That is not 6-7" shorter. Marion is big, across their starting 5. I did not see the game, but with SM shooting ability, I am sure the Marion coach doubled anytime Parks touch the ball with 6'6"-6'8". So he would have been surrounded by comparable height is the point.
Niekamp a 6'7 frosh did not play because he was ill. Knapke got into early foul trouble.

I totally understand. So you are saying a 6'10 BIG TEN recruit can be defended by a soph and freshman. Maybe the soph and freshman are the reasons that Holtmann was at the game.

Have you ever watched a basketball game?
No, why does that matter? Have you? I have seen plenty of big time recruits being shut down in a game. That is not the case here, Parks still scored what, 25 of SM 41 points. I would not classify that as shut down. But yes it is possible and is done every night throughout the country in HS. All I am saying, replying to Spirit454 is that ML is a big team, usually are.

A few, and some of them have included good college recruited players. In fact I have seen Memorial play. And I have seen Marion Local play.
So you're smart enough to know that a kid scoring 25 points and grabbing 9 rebounds is a pretty good performance?

So you're smart enough to know that a kid scoring 25 points and grabbing 9 rebounds is a pretty good performance?
It is a pretty good performance for any kid. Last week I saw a kid score 23 points, grabbed 18 rebounds and Ohio State doesn't even know his name. I saw a kid score 32 points with 8 rebounds this week and not one Big Ten school knows his name.

Tonight will go a long way in determining the WBL champ. OG / St Marys and Shawnee / Defiance. SM already has a loss. Another and they are likely out. If Shawnee beats Defiance and OG wins, I'm going out on a limb and saying the WBL comes down to Feb 4th....OG at Shawnee

Tonight will go a long way in determining the WBL champ. OG / St Marys and Shawnee / Defiance. SM already has a loss. Another and they are likely out. If Shawnee beats Defiance and OG wins, I'm going out on a limb and saying the WBL comes down to Feb 4th....OG at Shawnee
Completely agree. The top 4 teams in the WBL all play each other tonight. Ill take OG over St. Marys, the White kid is a sensational sophomore and might be the best player on the floor...yes over parks. And ill take shawnee tonight over Defiance. I think Shawnee and Defiance style of play is complete opposite. Shawnee wants to run the floor and play through their athletes. Defiance wants to slow the game down and win this game in the high 40's low 50's. But ill take shawnee at home. Huge game Feb. 4th @ Shawnee.

I do. He had 4 less points than LeBron once had in State Semifinal. I wonder if that means LeBron's not that good.
I suppose you are implying he is 4 less points equal to Lebron. If you are right, maybe someone should call the Cavs.

O-G and Shawnee again for the title...sigh. Sounds like St. Marys led O-G for maybe over half the game but only scored 8 points in the second half. In a rare high scoring game, Shawnee beat Defiance 86-77 but the score wasn't that close as Shawnee led by 20 after 3.

The Celina game, girls at 4 and boys at 6, will be live on WOSN today from Hoosier Gym where they filmed the movie.

Was there a couple weeks ago.... sorta cool if you grew up with that movie.

Doesn't even take size to neutralize Parks if the shooters aren't hitting shots. Defiance did it with a 6'6" guy and 1 or 2 6'1" guys all night.

Parks is good, considering he's about 6'8" (definitely NOT 6'10") big in a league with few bigs. What I saw though is a kid who can get frustrated and out of his game if he's not getting help. Which is fair, it's a team game. But if he was in the Big Ten RIGHT NOW....he's not ready. They'd eat him alive. Luckily he's got more time to grow and work on expanding his game even further. He'll be fine.