2021-2022 Elder Basketball

Elder looked really solid tonight. It was good to see Busam be more active Offensively. Elder will have a good regular season by just relying on Keller & Harp but if they really want to make a run in the Tourney, they need to continue to involve more players in the Offense.

Was able to go to the game for the first time this season. Elder just demolished a pretty decent team and ran them off the floor in the second half. I did not see Browne in uniform.
this is a very legit deep tournament contender.
According to the broadcast, he was sick again. I’m not sure if it’s something recurring or bad luck,

Mariemont tried to match Elder shot for shot and it worked for a qtr, but then not so much, E up 51-25 @ half

E 93
Mariemont 63

I know we’ve talked about this before. I don’t believe 93 points in a regulation game is the record, but it’s up there.

Interesting strategy. Don’t let your scorers get in foul trouble.
They took a TON of bad shots in transition. I guess it’s a strategy that works for them, but for as much as I dislike the GCL/ Defense first style of bball, this is just as bad.

Regardless, I like seeing that this Elder team can get up and down the court but also grind it out in the Half Court.

They took a TON of bad shots in transition. I guess it’s a strategy that works for them, but for as much as I dislike the GCL/ Defense first style of bball, this is just as bad.

Regardless, I like seeing that this Elder team can get up and down the court but also grind it out in the Half Court.
It's def a more exciting brand of basketball than a 36-34 gcl slugfest. That's a really hard game to watch.

This Elder team can get hot and turn a quasi close game into a blowout in the blink of an eye. They went on multiple 9-0, 11-0 runs that put the Anderson game away.

Elder beat Badin last night, 80-30. It was 48-17 at the half. Keller led the way with 26 (8-14 from 3), Harp had 14 (4-8 from 3), and Browne had 10 2-3 from 10).
The Panthers 20 for 33 from 3, which ties them with five other teams in OHSAA history that have made 20 in a game. Four teams have made 21, two have made 23, and two have made 25.

Elder beat Badin last night, 80-30. It was 48-17 at the half. Keller led the way with 26 (8-14 from 3), Harp had 14 (4-8 from 3), and Browne had 10 2-3 from 10).
The Panthers 20 for 33 from 3, which ties them with five other teams in OHSAA history that have made 20 in a game. Four teams have made 21, two have made 23, and two have made 25.
It’s not just Keller and Harp. This team is special.

Looks like 9 different kids made threes last night. When they are running and gunning and pressing they are exciting to watch.

It’s not just Keller and Harp. This team is special.
They can beat anyone in Ohio, including Centerville. They big question is how they respond when the shots aren’t falling. I really like how Busam can get to the basket and how he’s able to finish around the hoop. Kirch is also a nice complement to him. If you haven’t seen him in person, he tacked on a ton of muscle since last year. He had a nice put back dunk vs Anderson that was waived off (correctly) bc the ball was still in the cylinder, but that just shows how athletic he is in addition to his size and strength. I still want to see Browne take more of a role in the Post. Elder doesn’t need a 6’7’’ 2 Guard, they need another big body down low.

Looks like 9 different kids made threes last night. When they are running and gunning and pressing they are exciting to watch.
The Salmome kid off the bench can shoot. Whitmer & Browne get most of the attention in that Jr class, but they’ve got some other kids that are pretty solid players. They’ll take a step back next year, especially with what Moeller has in the Soph class, but they’ll still be a pretty solid team when you add in Murphy, Johnson, Brass, and Cam Williams.

Anyway, does anyone know which teams are in this Tournament with Elder down in Ashland?

Anyway, does anyone know which teams are in this Tournament with Elder down in Ashland?

It looks like the first day's games will be:
Game 1: Elder (8-1) vs. Teays Valley Christian (9-3) on Tuesday at 2:30 PM
Game 2: Pikeville (8-0) vs. Bowling Green (9-0) on Tuesday at 4:00 PM
Game 3: Ashland Blazer (6-4) vs. Calloway County (6-4) on Tuesday at 7:00 PM
Game 4: Boyd County (10-0) vs. Lincoln County (10-2) on Tuesday at 8:30 PM

Last edited:

It looks like the first day's games will be:
Game 1: Elder (8-1) vs. Teays Valley Christian (9-3) on Tuesday at 2:30 PM
Game 2: Pikeville (8-0) vs. Bowling Green (9-0) on Tuesday at 4:00 PM
Game 3: Ashland Blazer (6-4) vs. Calloway County (6-4) on Tuesday at 7:00 PM
Game 4: Boyd County (10-0) vs. Lincoln County (10-2) on Tuesday at 8:30 PM
Will a webcast be available?