OHSAA Competitive Balance Count 2022

First we have to see the adjustments due to the pure enrollment count. After that, no idea who will move due to competitive balance.

Adjustments are happening this time? OHSAA last summer didn't update any competitive balance or enrollment numbers so it's very possible that there are a lot of schools in every sport this school year that are either one division too high or one division too low.
I’ve heard the count is happening this year since it’s been 2 years due to Covid

There is defintely going to be new enrollment and CB numbers for 2022. Totally understand why they kept the numbers static for this year. Will be interesting since both will be updated, can see a lot of change occuring. But we won't know this until early summer

I thought in the past that schools did the enrollment count for the state in October? I could be wrong. Once the ODE gets through all the data, then the OHSAA would meet to set the changes to all sports. Usually late April I thought they had new divisional alignments out, and the regions for FB were maybe early June. I could be wrong here

I thought in the past that schools did the enrollment count for the state in October? I could be wrong. Once the ODE gets through all the data, then the OHSAA would meet to set the changes to all sports. Usually late April I thought they had new divisional alignments out, and the regions for FB were maybe early June. I could be wrong here
Divisional alignments would normally be out for the Fall sports in the Spring, Winter sports in the Summer, and Spring sports in the Fall.

I’ve heard the count is happening this year since it’s been 2 years due to Covid

They ended up going 3 years. But IIRC, they did competitive balance still. I could be wrong.

Be interesting to see how many mass changes there are coming.

I think Benedictine drops to D3.....I like them in D2 for competitive reasons on the field but they are definitely at a disadvantage number wise vs schools like Avon, Riverside, Walsh, Hudson, etc

Too many schools online October 2020 to really trust the enrollment counts. So since it has been 2+ years, yes we could see more movement than ususal when enrollment and CB numbers are tabulated. I'd expect football in May.

Any "insiders" that are saying they are moving up or down are really only making an educated guess at this point.

I think Benedictine drops to D3.....I like them in D2 for competitive reasons on the field but they are definitely at a disadvantage number wise vs schools like Avon, Riverside, Walsh, Hudson, etc
I think they will too. Hopefully, Goode can get the program to be able to compete in DII regularly, but right now Bene should not be playing schools with almost 3x as many boys. Shoot, I'm pretty sure Chardon in DIII is close to 2x as many boys.

I think they will too. Hopefully, Goode can get the program to be able to compete in DII regularly, but right now Bene should not be playing schools with almost 3x as many boys. Shoot, I'm pretty sure Chardon in DIII is close to 2x as many boys.
I believe they have competed in D2....they beat a much bigger(enrollment) Brecksville( 2 yrs ago and this year), Riverside, South and Boardman over the last few years....I feel they they are behind in resources and facilities

Benedictine base enrollment is 260
Chardon base enrollment is 342
Not double

Benedictine had the 3rd highest competitive balance number (120) in D2 behind Toledo Central Catholic and Hoban. If that number comes down they could drop to D3. Time will tell.

Benedictine base enrollment is 260
Chardon base enrollment is 342
Not double

Benedictine had the 3rd highest competitive balance number (120) in D2 behind Toledo Central Catholic and Hoban. If that number comes down they could drop to D3. Time will tell.
I think there is a good chance they remain D2 this year and then D3 for quite awhile after that...they could dominate that division

For the love of all things holy, please, please let Marion Local go up to D6 (or D5). Harvest Prep has jumped two divisions since 2019.

They had a 105 count with a penalty of +2, thus coming in at 107, well under the 121 cutoff for D7.

According to ODE headcount, they had 76 seniors this year. Keep in my the headcount is both genders.

11th- 69
10th - 74
9th - 50
8th - 76
7th - 61

I think they are D7 for the indefinite future. Perhaps they are D6 for one year when OHSAA counts those 74, 50, and 76 person classes.

They had a 105 count with a penalty of +2, thus coming in at 107, well under the 121 cutoff for D7.

According to ODE headcount, they had 76 seniors this year. Keep in my the headcount is both genders.

11th- 69
10th - 74
9th - 50
8th - 76
7th - 61

I think they are D7 for the indefinite future. Perhaps they are D6 for one year when OHSAA counts those 74, 50, and 76 person classes.
Great info. Thanks!

11th- 69
10th - 74
9th - 50
8th - 76
7th - 61

Doubt very much ML only has 50 students in the 9th grade this calendar year.

For the love of all things holy, please, please let Marion Local go up to D6 (or D5). Harvest Prep has jumped two divisions since 2019.
Hell No,

--Courtesey of everyone in D6.

Locals tend to think they have one more cycle in D7 before moving up. It really depends on how well they recruit the St Sebastian area this offseeason. A good season, they may jump up.

Let's be honest, if ML jumps to D6, either St. Henry or New Bremen wins D7.

Then everyone will want them moving up, until all of the competition has gone away and MAYBE their school could compete.
In the MAC thread i stated that for the most MAC success in 2022-23 it would be if MSML moved to 6 as they may be able to win that, and SH/NB can maybe take 7. Versailles and CW will be awhile before they make it back.

There will be more movement in all sports than usual since it has been three full years (due to Covid) since the OHSAA has reapportioned divisions. Schools have had three, instead of the usual two years, to grow or shrink.

I hear that Benedictine is the smallest or 2nd smallest school in Div II?