2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t that because Hoban had the probably the best D they have ever had ?
They had an amazing front 7 and we came out there and ran our base plays right at them for some reason thinking it would work. Lol
Our offense gained 2 yds in the first quarter and had the ball for 2 minutes.

I don’t care what you say about their defense there’s no way we shouldn’t have at least moved the ball between the 20s at will when we had Ballard, Lamp, Johnson, and Woullard as receiving threats.

Our “weakness” on what was otherwise a great defense was that we didn’t have a lot of beef on the D line. They came out in heavy packages and attacked it relentlessly. Their only perceived “weakness” on defense was the secondary because well there’s no way in hell they had enough dudes to run with ours. We were just incapable of formulating and executing a gameplan to attack it.

Last edited:
They had an amazing front 7 and we came out there and ran our base plays right at them for some reason thinking it would work. Lol
Our offense gained 2 yds in the first quarter and had the ball for 2 minutes.

I don’t care what you say about their defense there’s no way we shouldn’t have at least moved the ball between the 20s at will when we had Ballard, Lamp, Johnson, and Woullard as receiving threats.

Our “weakness” on what was otherwise a great defense was that we didn’t have a lot of beef on the D line. They came out in heavy packages and attacked it relentlessly. Their only perceived “weakness” on defense was the secondary because well there’s no way in hell they had enough dudes to run with ours. We were just incapable of formulating and executing a gameplan to attack it.
So make up your mind.. is it the Jimmy and Joe’s or the X’s and O’s ?

ALL-TIME UPDATED PLAYOFF RECORDS (Listed by the Number of Wins)

Here are the numbers for various teams after the 2021 season:

MWHS——————47-28
McKinley—————41-25
Central Catholic——31-13
Lake———————20-19
Perry———-———-18-11
NCH———————15-19
Aquinas —————-13-11
Green——————-10-7
Glenoak—————--5-13
Jackson——————2-10

Last edited:
Just a thought here. Mayfield Kentucky got hit by that terrible tornado. Their town football team sits at 919 wins, Massillon's at 920. Obviously both communities love football. What a possible national storyline. Wouldn't it be cool if we could pull together for a nationally broadcast 1st game with all proceeds going to the Mayfield area recovery effort. With the right people/money behind it anything possible.

Just a thought here. Mayfield Kentucky got hit by that terrible tornado. Their town football team sits at 919 wins, Massillon's at 920. Obviously both communities love football. What a possible national storyline. Wouldn't it be cool if we could pull together for a nationally broadcast 1st game with all proceeds going to the Mayfield area recovery effort. With the right people/money behind it anything possible.
yeah that would be cool if it could be pulled off, maybe they could even have a donation go fund me sort of thing set up during the game

Great idea. However, FYI, there are 6 classifications in Kentucky. Mayfield is in the second smallest group of schools in Kentucky.

Still psst we lost that last game. I know I under estimated Green. Did the team? Who knows....20 penalties didn't help.
Either way Massillon wouldn't have beaten Winton Woods and they were prob the only team in D2 that was going to beat Hoban. Big picture, we did better than I thought and next year looks to be exciting.

Can anybody see a ceiling for big Mike! This kid is something special. It was actually comical when he ran the ball.Do ya'll realize our quarterback was only 14! What a future he has. I know some if you question aspects of our coaching but you have to admit the program is in better shape than it's been for decades.

Can anybody see a ceiling for big Mike! This kid is something special. It was actually comical when he ran the ball.Do ya'll realize our quarterback was only 14! What a future he has. I know some if you question aspects of our coaching but you have to admit the program is in better shape than it's been for decades.

His only ceiling might be his height otherwise he would be on all D1 radars imo. Been following Massillon a long time, covering ALOT of great players, but can't remember a freshman making such an impact on either line. + 3 more years - is a good feeling. :)

A bit off topic but just want to send out congrats to Massillon grad and former wrestler Zion Clark for an article about him in the January-February 2022 edition of Men’s Health magazine. Zion is training to become the first person to compete in the Olympics and Paralympics in two different sports. Very inspirational story!

Status
Not open for further replies.