Division VI State Championship: Carey (14-1) vs Coldwater (13-2)

Who wins the state championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzards Glorry, you are about to embark on a great crusade, toward which you have striven these many months.

The eyes of the Village, The MAC and state are upon you. The hopes and prayers of Coldwater and football loving people everywhere march with you.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your opponent is well trained, well coached and battle-hardened. They will fight savagely.

Good luck, and let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this noble undertaking.

Late in the game when it gets tough, and the opponent is looking for your surrender simply answer: "Nuts", and continue to fight to the end.

God Bless America.

God Bless the MAC.

And....God Bless the Coldwater Cavaliers.
"Nuts"?!?!?!? Don't tell me Tha Voice is an alum of the 101st Airborne? Or are you just a fan of the Battle of the Bulge?

If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, take the time (between games) to read this link: https://www.army.mil/article/92856/the_story_of_the_nuts_reply

It's a great enough store the Army had it fact checked and posted to their official website. ; )

As an alumni and fan of a team that would have greatly benefitted from that model this year I don't like the idea of it. Good chance St. Henry is playing this weekend if this system is in place. Marion Local would probably be in D4 by now, but it would feel empty in my opinion knowing that you didn't have to go through them to make it there.

I don't understand punishing the future players for their team being good in the past. Divisions are set based upon size, not success, should stay that way.
I think in Indiana it was designed to keep the recruiting schools in check. I don’t know if they would be able to move more than one division. Seems like there would be a clause to keep that in check also.

As an alumni and fan of a team that would have greatly benefitted from that model this year I don't like the idea of it. Good chance St. Henry is playing this weekend if this system is in place. Marion Local would probably be in D4 by now, but it would feel empty in my opinion knowing that you didn't have to go through them to make it there.

I don't understand punishing the future players for their team being good in the past. Divisions are set based upon size, not success, should stay that way.
That is one downfall. However some programs want to be moved up from their success in Indiana. It all comes down to what your goal as a program is. For the IHSAA it's how can you keep the other programs improving and not losing players & teams because of those successful teams. They want to stop what I call the "Parkway effect."

Game Day!

Go Get 'em Men.

The time is now. The opponent is one of destiny. They may be bigger, faster, stronger, smarter and have more attractive players moms and coaches wives but golly-gee-willikers it would behoove you to make the trip up to NEO anyways and see if y'all can make it a game.

Just remember: David slayed Goliath. NC State stunned Phi Slamma Jamma. Team USA Hockey shocked the world and defeated the Russians at Lake Placid. Sidney Deane and Billy Hoyle took down playground legends The King and Duck, Milan did the improbable and upset Muncie Central...................

and maybe the biggest upset of all time:

Average Joes beat the Globo Gym Purple Cobra's.

The Cavaliers have a chance to join the aforementioned in one of the biggest upsets in history.

To steal one of the greatest motivational speeches of all time (how apropos during Jimmy V week) maybe coach will use this in pregame:

‘Gentlemen, we’ll be successful this year if you can focus on three things, and three things only. Your family, your religion and the Green Bay Packers,’

"Respect All, Fear None"

"Never Forget. Never Give In.'

"Outlive your season..............."
cleardot.gif

God Bless America
God Bless the MAC
And.....God Bless the Coldwater Cavaliers.

Last edited:
And remember, as Bill Cunningham (700 WLW) has often said, the opponet, just like you, puts their pants on one leg at a time.

Nothing changes with the title of this game, it is still the same game, played like all other games have been played. There will be a winner, and a loser, same as every other game.

Very interesting game Carey's smash mouth football vs Cav's fun and gun offense. CW has not faced any big backs in the MAC except Lefeld from ST. Henry at 205 lbs. Has Carey seen 2 receivers as good as Schwieterman and Meyer who maybe the best duo at Canton.

Game Day!

Go Get 'em Men.

The time is now. The opponent is one of destiny. They may be bigger, faster, stronger, smarter and have more attractive players moms and coaches wives but golly-gee-willikers it would behoove you to make the trip up to NEO anyways and see if y'all can make it a game.

Just remember: David slayed Goliath. NC State stunned Phi Slamma Jamma. Team USA Hockey shocked the world and defeated the Russians at Lake Placid. Sidney Deane and Billy Hoyle took down playground legends The King and Duck, Milan did the improbable and upset Muncie Central...................

and maybe the biggest upset of all time:

Average Joes beat the Globo Gym Purple Cobra's.

The Cavaliers have a chance to join the aforementioned in one of the biggest upsets in history.

To steal one of the greatest motivational speeches of all time (how apropos during Jimmy V week) maybe coach will use this in pregame:

‘Gentlemen, we’ll be successful this year if you can focus on three things, and three things only. Your family, your religion and the Green Bay Packers,’

"Respect All, Fear None"

"Never Forget. Never Give In.'

"Outlive your season..............."
cleardot.gif

God Bless America
God Bless the MAC
And.....God Bless the Coldwater Cavaliers.
did you set your alarm toget up and post this after midnite.... now you probably will have to take that mid afternoon nap, and miss the game today...

Very interesting game Carey's smash mouth football vs Cav's fun and gun offense. CW has not faced any big backs in the MAC except Lefeld from ST. Henry at 205 lbs. Has Carey seen 2 receivers as good as Schwieterman and Meyer who maybe the best duo at Canton.
Carey's dude is a HUGE back.....probabaly bigger then any of the Cav's lineman....

it will be interesting who can stop each teams strength...... that will be the key to who wins....

Big TD for Coldwater to end have. Total breakdown by Carey on defense. Can’t give that up at the end of a half like that. If the Blue Devils end up losing a close game they’ll look back on that play for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.