Division II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (12-3) vs. Winton Woods (12-3)

Who wins?

• Hoban by 17+

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Hoban by 8-16

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Hoban by 1-7

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Winton Woods by 1-7

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Winton Woods by 8-16

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Winton Woods by 17+

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the approach so far of the Hoban fans. Chill but confident and ready for the battle. Not posting every hour about their kids in youth football, coaching trees, who died, etc. They are trusting in their coaching staff and players. Recent history backs up Hoban. #actlikeyoubeentherebefore
How did that work out?

Dunce of yr goes to you. You should stop talking football & talk about the band or cheerleaders because you have no clue. I told you what these kids were playing for & the type coaches that were coaching them. I'll say again the OC is a college guy & the DC played 10 yrs in the NFL. COULDN'T YOU TELL WHAT THEY DID TO THE GUY YOU ALL WANT TO COACH Akron university
That was a joke. It was the score of last year's game. Try to relax. It's high school kids playing a game. Dope.
Did any of your kids do a sportsmanlike crotch grab?

Surprising and disappointing. He reminds me of Darren Sproles. Kid can definitely play at the next level.
I believe he has a few but might be looking for something to play baseball also.

Attachments

• 20211101_143334.jpg
    20211101_143334.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 21
Are you still sure of this??!
We'll never know. Avon was able to score points and move the ball on anyone, because they could run and pass effectively. The D against the run would have been just as problematic against WW, though, as it was versus Hoban. It doesn't really matter because the championship game was WW versus Hoban and the Warriors won. That's really all that matters.

Congrats to the Warriors. I was surprised how easily they handled teams from up north.
I took a lot of crap for supporting Kings but they got closer than anyone to WW in the playoffs and Kings’ 395 yards of offense against that WW defense is looking pretty good right now.
See y’all next year, I’m outta here.

Let me say right up front that I have been watching Winton Woods teams play for nearly 30 years. I have not seen a Warrior team play as well as they did last night, even 2009. The defensive effort was key, bend, don't break, pressure, it was all there. The stop to only give a field goal in the first half was very telling. Offensively, opening up with the read option and letting the QB give Spikes the openings later when Hoban adjusted to the QB running the ball was amazing. The replays of the OL creating the misdirection, as Hoban clearly was keying on Spikes early, were obviously part of the plan. Wonderful game plan for both sides of ball. Congratulations.

Hoban has a great team, but this was our night.

You added to a proud history of teams led by Lou Cynkar, Troy Everhart, Andre Parker, and now Chad Murphy. Forest Park, Greenhills and South of the Lake Springfield Twsp. are very proud of you. Warrior pride.

Perfect example of how fans from a certain HS take threads off the rail and down into the gutter
It wasn’t a crotch grab anyway. Someone from Green freeze framed a film slide of the kid celebrating and his was actually jumping and swinging his arms. It was ridiculous for them to do

I agree. Two things you can't teach - vision and heart. Kid is a giant when it comes to both.
Unfortunately, two other things you can't teach are height and weight. And college scouts LOVE their metrics. They will live and die by them. I don't know the young man, but it sure sounds from those who do that a lot of scouts are going to be sorry they didn't give this kid a longer look.

wow hoban is so arrogant now that they admit their recruiting violations. How would this maendler know the qb position will be open without someone from the school feeding that intel. Sounds like collusion.
I assume you are being sarcastic but umm yeah everyone knows that Hoban openly recruits. Maendler is a QB coach in the area and probably knows coaches throughout the region. The Hoban faithful have been implying since the start of the season that Crable would be recruited over after this season.

I assume you are being sarcastic but umm yeah everyone knows that Hoban openly recruits. Maendler is a QB coach in the area and probably knows coaches throughout the region. The Hoban faithful have been implying since the start of the season that Crable would be recruited over after this season.
Maendler was the QB coach of Shane Hamm as well

One thing that jumped out at me was the resilience of the WW kids. An example being the start of the second half when Hoban strips the ball and scores on the first play, getting immediately back in the game and potentially swinging the momentum. Rather than panic or cower, those kids manned up and went right back down the field. Every time those kids got punched in the mouth they came firing back.

I was glad to see them hold onto the ball late so that the safety, Hudson, didn't have to sit as the team went back in on D. You could see they were evaluating him for a concussion and he was pleading with the trainer to play. That kid was a gamer (along with the rest of those well deserving kids) and I would have hated to have him watch as his defensive teammates wrapped it up.

I believe he has a few but might be looking for something to play baseball also.
I am gonna try and keep an eye on him on the diamond.
This dude competes.
If you don’t mind, please tell us about his baseball situation.
Coached a ton of HS football and baseball over these and I try to keep up lol.

Let me say right up front that I have been watching Winton Woods teams play for nearly 30 years. I have not seen a Warrior team play as well as they did last night, even 2009. The defensive effort was key, bend, don't break, pressure, it was all there. The stop to only give a field goal in the first half was very telling. Offensively, opening up with the read option and letting the QB give Spikes the openings later when Hoban adjusted to the QB running the ball was amazing. The replays of the OL creating the misdirection, as Hoban clearly was keying on Spikes early, were obviously part of the plan. Wonderful game plan for both sides of ball. Congratulations.

Hoban has a great team, but this was our night.

You added to a proud history of teams led by Lou Cynkar, Troy Everhart, Andre Parker, and now Chad Murphy. Forest Park, Greenhills and South of the Lake Springfield Twsp. are very proud of you. Warrior pride.
Hey Warrior great post!
Love those names in there.
I’ve been around Greenhills HS, Forest Park HS then WW since the late 70’s.
I’ll add Dick Kerin and especially Larry Bauman and Kerry Coombs to the mix as far as guys that coached at Greenhills HS.
All the names you mentioned are legends.
Great history in the district.

I saw former WW AD Herb Woeste on the sideline last night lol.
He coached Purcell Marion to the D2 State Title in 1986 then came over to WW later.
He lived around the corner when in was a kid in the H section of Forest Park.

I’ll say this.... all 3 district HS had some awesome teams and players going way back.
When you played us you might win the game, but shaking hands you had mad respect cuz our dudes are raised to have that extra gear and hit ya.
Just the way it’s taught there.

Keep posting from time to time
Warrior

I agree. Two things you can't teach - vision and heart. Kid is a giant when it comes to both.
Hey Al Bundy....

Pretty sure you were the guy that posted after the LaSalle WW playoff game that WW should win it all.
You backed it up with spit on analysis that I agreed with.
Just one thing was both WW lines.
Good stuff and keep posting.