Division II State Championship: Archbishop Hoban (12-3) vs. Winton Woods (12-3)

Who wins?

• Hoban by 17+

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Hoban by 8-16

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Hoban by 1-7

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Winton Woods by 1-7

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Winton Woods by 8-16

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Winton Woods by 17+

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a shame Avon didn't play Winton Woods in the semi's. I'm not sold that Avon isn't the number 2 team behind Hoban. Then we would have the 2 best for sure. But this should be a good game too.
I'm not sure Avon is even better than Green, I know WW isn't.

I'm not sure Avon is even better than Green, I know WW isn't.
20-7 says WW is better than Green.

They made the plays when it mattered and took the ball away or stopped em.
Case closed.
TWO TOUCHDOWN VICTORY.

Go back to the “Green really won the game” thread.
Cry about it the rest of your life.
I mean like a good tears pouring out of your eyes type of cry.
Roll on the ground and make it hurt.
Yell out to God “why Lord did we lose the game?”

Then move on cuz HS football ain’t that important in the end.

20-7 says WW is better than Green.

They made the plays when it mattered and took the ball away or stopped em.
Case closed.
TWO TOUCHDOWN VICTORY.

Go back to the “Green really won the game” thread.
Cry about it the rest of your life.
I mean like a good tears pouring out of your eyes type of cry.
Roll on the ground and make it hurt.
Yell out to God “why Lord did we lose the game?”

Then move on cuz HS football ain’t that important in the end.
Green gift wrapped the game for you, take your gift and then yip like a moron. Anyone that knows HS football and watched as a neutral observer and has a bit of football knowledge knows who the better team was. Unfortunately the better team doesn't always win on the scoreboard.

Green gift wrapped the game for you, take your gift and then yip like a moron. Anyone that knows HS football and watched as a neutral observer and has a bit of football knowledge knows who the better team was. Unfortunately the better team doesn't always win on the scoreboard.
Gave? Green with 5 trips to the redzone. Most within 10 yards, 2 were on the goal line+= 7 points. Ok gave. 20 to 7.

Gave? Green with 5 trips to the redzone. Most within 10 yards, 2 were on the goal line+= 7 points. Ok gave. 20 to 7.
Have 100 neutral observers watch the game and tell me 90-100 won't say Green was the better team. You scored when we shanked a punt and you got the ball on the 35, then Green mistakenly kicked to the quickest guy on the field. Your offense was really never a threat. The score at the end accounted for 45 of your total 220 yards of offense. First and goal from the five and we pass and it was errant and tipped to your defender. Then receiver reaches for end zone and fumbles the ball on the ground (not sure the ground can cause fumbles) Nonetheless you don't have 525 yards of offense and then all the sudden not be able to move, mistakes were made by Green, at least 3 of the 5 were not caused by anything the defense did. You got the win but if you aren't big enough to leave that game and say shew did we get lucky then you don't know football.

Have 100 neutral observers watch the game and tell me 90-100 won't say Green was the better team. You scored when we shanked a punt and you got the ball on the 35, then Green mistakenly kicked to the quickest guy on the field. Your offense was really never a threat. The score at the end accounted for 45 of your total 220 yards of offense. First and goal from the five and we pass and it was errant and tipped to your defender. Then receiver reaches for end zone and fumbles the ball on the ground (not sure the ground can cause fumbles) Nonetheless you don't have 525 yards of offense and then all the sudden not be able to move, mistakes were made by Green, at least 3 of the 5 were not caused by anything the defense did. You got the win but if you aren't big enough to leave that game and say shew did we get lucky then you don't know football.
This is just about the most sorry ace post that I have ever read on Yappi.

I can't see WW offense doing much against Hoban's defense. And, given the amount of time they will be on the field, I don't see WW's defense being able to sustain its effort over 4 quarters. For WW to win, they will need to get out early on top of the Knights. Otherwise, Hoban will wear them down with time of possession and its running game. I'd guess the game will be close through the half, but Hoban pulls away for a comfortable win in the second half.

No more messin with trolls and their little feelings on here.

I watched some game action of Hoban last night and this will be a hard fought game in the trenches.
Both O-Lines and both front 7's on D are very good.
The RB for Hoban gonna get his yards and a few scores I would say but the QB running is my concern.

Also Hoban threw a HB pass to the left ... 32 must be a lefty lol.

??? ??

WW has a tough task ahead of them. I feel the QB is really good also. I’m worried about our O-Line playing well. I’m hoping we can play against Hoban only and not the tradition also.

Definitely a tough task for WW, but they've had a great season as well. Coach Murphy has done a great job. I'm thinking they keep this game close but Hoban scores late to win by two scores.

Hoban 28
Winton Woods 14

I can't see WW offense doing much against Hoban's defense. And, given the amount of time they will be on the field, I don't see WW's defense being able to sustain its effort over 4 quarters. For WW to win, they will need to get out early on top of the Knights. Otherwise, Hoban will wear them down with time of possession and its running game. I'd guess the game will be close through the half, but Hoban pulls away for a comfortable win in the second half.

Haven't seen WW but this is not your hoban D from previous years. Avon moved the ball up and down the field with runs and passes. It is possible. A few teams have had success chucking the ball up and getting pass interference calls.

I think the 4 quarters thing is a big deal. Hoban can wear the opposition down over time.

Turnovers are key. If Hoban doesn't turn the ball over, I think it is likely they win.

Haven't seen WW but this is not your hoban D from previous years. Avon moved the ball up and down the field with runs and passes. It is possible. A few teams have had success chucking the ball up and getting pass interference calls.

I think the 4 quarters thing is a big deal. Hoban can wear the opposition down over time.

Turnovers are key. If Hoban doesn't turn the ball over, I think it is likely they win.
Fact. Hoban gave up 4 TDs or more in 5 games this year. That is not your typical Hoban D. Winton Woods will score, and this will be a very competitive game.

Interviews Wednesday on ESPN 990 (Massillon) espn990.com

12:03 Dan Reardon Youngstown Ursuline
12:30 Marty Bannister (Spectrum and longtime OSU and other colleges announcer)
1:03 Tom Lombardo Lakewood St. Edward
1:15 Tim Tyrrell Akron Hoban
1:30 Mo Douglass Springfield
1:45 Nick Yordy Hamilton Badin

This game feels pretty even to me, to the point that something as simple as who plays cleaner could make all the difference. Back in the day as a HS athlete, I always hated long bus trips on the same day as competition. Personally, sitting on a bus for a few hours just made me feel sluggish leading into a game. I have no idea if the 20 minute trip on a short week gives Hoban a meaningful advantage, it's just something I wonder about. I believe WW came up on Wednesday in 2017, so maybe it doesn't matter even a little bit.

Hoban's O Line plays well as a unit! WW needs to neutralize this unit but easier said than done. By the way, The freshman QB back in '17, where did he go to college?