Division I State Semifinal: Archbishop Moeller (11-3) vs. Springfield (12-1)

Who wins?

• Springfield by 17+

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Moeller by 1-7

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Moeller by 8-16

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Moeller by 17+

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great game. Congrats to both teams. Moeller ran the ? well but got completely blown up on the last drive when they tried to throw. Had 3 timeouts left and over 3 minutes left so surprising that they didn’t try to run it at least a few times on that last drive to try and get to field goal range.
Also, why didn't they go for a 2 pt conversion to go up 6 after their last TD?

Poor choice by by Moe to pass when the run was successful
That one RB they had was unstoppable. No one has run like that on SHS all year, especially that 63 yarder for a TD. He single-handedly kept them in the game. I got the impression they passed on that last drive because they were concerned about the clock. Wanted to save the TOs in case SHS got the ball back.

As others had stated, I too wondered why Moeller stop running the ball on that last possession. They clearly were beating the Springfield defense. Moeller just gave St. Ed's the recipe on how to run on SHS if they have a comparable running back.

Great game. Congrats to both teams. Moeller ran the ? well but got completely blown up on the last drive when they tried to throw. Had 3 timeouts left and over 3 minutes left so surprising that they didn’t try to run it at least a few times on that last drive to try and get to field goal range.
I was too. Great game.

As others had stated, I too wondered why Moeller stop running the ball on that last possession. They clearly were beating the Springfield defense. Moeller just gave St. Ed's the recipe on how to run on SHS if they have a comparable running back.
They don’t have a comparable back. Marshall is a special player. He is only a sophomore. His stats would be through the roof but he literally only plays about half the snaps because they rotate him with another back. Ed’s can run the ball, but they do not have a back with his speed and power. If I remember correctly, they have a huge o-line.

They don’t have a comparable back. Marshall is a special player. He is only a sophomore. His stats would be through the roof but he literally only plays about half the snaps because they rotate him with another back. Ed’s can run the ball, but they do not have a back with his speed and power. If I remember correctly, they have a huge o-line.
Ok.

Moe struggled to run against St Ed. They used a very effective short passing game. But..#25 (if I recall) for St Ed ran for well over 100yards against Moe so I would say they are capable of running with him behind their O-line, which I thought was very good. I think if St Ed calls the right plays, they’ll be fine.

Moe struggled to run against St Ed. They used a very effective short passing game. But..#25 (if I recall) for St Ed ran for well over 100yards against Moe so I would say they are capable of running with him behind their O-line, which I thought was very good. I think if St Ed calls the right plays, they’ll be fine.
Is #25 better than Jordan Marshall?

Is #25 better than Jordan Marshall?
I'm not going to pretend I'm smart enough to diagnose who's better between two HS running backs. I think I was unfair to "The Game" poster by responding (with sarcasm) "ok" when he was referencing Ed's running game.

I guess I (unfairly) took issue with the implied suggestion that #25 (Enovich) lacks speed. While his line deserves a great deal of credit, his speed is born out by the fact he's rushed for over 1,400 yards, 20 TD's and averaged over 6 yards a carry.

Ed's may not be able to beat Springfield, but it won't be because of a lack of speed.

Ed's lost to Moeller because we had no answer for their exceptional TE Kattus who didn't play against Springfield. He dominated us on 3rd down. The kid was a great player. I know the Ed's kids really respected him and had nothing but praise for him after the game.

I'm not going to pretend I'm smart enough to diagnose who's better between two HS running backs. I think I was unfair to "The Game" poster by responding (with sarcasm) "ok" when he was referencing Ed's running game.

I guess I (unfairly) took issue with the implied suggestion that #25 (Enovich) lacks speed. While his line deserves a great deal of credit, his speed is born out by the fact he's rushed for over 1,400 yards, 20 TD's and averaged over 6 yards a carry.

Ed's may not be able to beat Springfield, but it won't be because of a lack of speed.

Ed's lost to Moeller because we had no answer for their exceptional TE Kattus who didn't play against Springfield. He dominated us on 3rd down. The kid was a great player. I know the Ed's kids really respected him and had nothing but praise for him after the game.
SHS's defense contained Marysville's 4 RBs who averaged a combined 8 yards per carry. And, they contained Fairmont's star RB who was the league's best rusher. Marshall is the only one they couldn't stop all season. With 3 TOs and 3 1/2 minutes to play, I'll never understand why Moeller didn't just give the ball to Marshall on their last possession. As for the championship, I could see overtime as the teams seem evenly matched. I think it will be a quartbacks' duel to see which one makes the most plays. Against Moeller and Marysville, SHS moved the ball at will into opponent territory and rarely punted. They did leave points on the field against Moeller and Findlay. Still, they knock on the door regularly. Ed's defense should be prepared to bend but not break.