Division V State Semifinal: Kirtland (13-0 (54-0)) vs Ottawa Glandorf (11-3)

Who wins?

• Kirtland by 17+

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • Kirtland by 8-16

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Kirtland by 1-7

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Ottawa Glandorf by 1-7

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Ottawa Glandorf by 8-16

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Ottawa Glandorf by 17+

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cal

Whenever someone plays the butthurt card, I know exactly what type of person they are.

Sad that you can’t exchange in discussion without insulting the other person.

I’m sorry that mommy didn’t hug you enough and nothing was ever good enough for your daddy to get the praise you still desperately seek.

Winning a message board flame war isn’t going to fill that hole, junior.

But nice try.

All respects, you're conversing with a troll. Probaly an alt id of one of the attention seekers. It's not a kirtland fan or even a fan. Just someone either trying to get clicks for the site or yah yahs in his Ma's basement. The ID is a big givaway. The behavior is another. Hope you don't lose enjoyment discussing the game because of that piece of nonsense. This might be the one game close enough I can get to, so please, keep telling us about OG.

All respects, you're conversing with a troll. Probaly an alt id of one of the attention seekers. It's not a kirtland fan or even a fan. Just someone either trying to get clicks for the site or yah yahs in his Ma's basement. The ID is a big givaway. The behavior is another. Hope you don't lose enjoyment discussing the game because of that piece of nonsense. This might be the one game close enough I can get to, so please, keep telling us about OG.
How cute. East coming to the rescue. Lol

Titan seems to get a little edgy when you tell him OG isnt going to win. If anyone has insulted anyone, it is Titan. Specifically telling people to get off their meds or telling them to take off their specific colored glasses. But I get it. He is probably one if the sixteen-percenters from Putnam county that voted for the other guy.

Looking forward to the WBL 2022 thread coming out tomorrow night.

Gotta run. Mom has breakfast ready.

“I’m in the basement, Mom!”

Last edited:
How cute. East coming to the rescue. Lol

Titan seems to get a little edgy when you tell him OG isnt going to win. If anyone has insulted anyone, it is Titan. Specifically telling people to get off their meds or telling them to take off their specific colored glasses. But I get it. He is probably one if the sixteen-percenters from Putnam county that voted for the other guy.

Looking forward to the WBL 2022 thread coming out tomorrow night.

Gotta run. Mom has breakfast ready.

“I’m in the basement, Mom!”
1637929147612.png

What is pretty amazing and overlooked is that two of the best teams in Ohio and defending State Champs are from communities that are side by side. The two teams Kirtland and Chardon are almost mirror images of each other. It is pretty amazing how similar the two programs are and the success they have had lately. Obviously Kirtland has had a longer string of success - but what Chardon has going on is pretty amazing as well. There is a lot of football talent in that pretty small area of Ohio.

Hey GoTitans thanks for posting that recap for OG.

I live near Kirtland and have many friend's kids that play there now and in the past.
It's a class program and they respect their opponents.
Believe me they are not taking OG lightly.
The Kirtland fans are respectful and are not the ones talking big on here.
There are some jock riders on here that either:

1) their teams have gotten kicked by Kirtland so they feel like they have to act like the Hornets are unbeatable to make themselves feel better.
2) they wanna sound like they know what they are talking about by picking Kirtland to roll.
way to stick your next out there since they have the longest win streak around lol.

I follow OG and have watched several of their games cuz the coach is an old buddy.
I follow Kirtland because how can I not living right next door to them.

I give Kirtland the edge but OG is the type of team that will eventually end the win streak for the Hornets when the time comes.
May not be this week but this type of team will be the one to do it.
So you also picked Kirtland? Dont get the point of this post? Maybe we should limit post to if you live in Kirtland or OG.....would be a real entertaining 1 page thread.

So you also picked Kirtland? Dont get the point of this post? Maybe we should limit post to if you live in Kirtland or OG.....would be a real entertaining 1 page thread.
I have no fight with you buddy.
You don’t get the post cuz you didn’t read it correctly no biggie.
I didn’t say what you said I did and
also I don’t make predictions.

I respect both teams and yes OG can win but are underdogs.
There are bunch of posters that slobber on Kirtland’s bird for the reasons I stated in post.

Good luck to all this weekend.
Off to meet my boys at the bar at Polaris and hit the Winton Woods game.

Anyone care to discuss what they think the keys of the game are? Ill go first. I think on both sides of the ball the game is about how OG will handle Kirtland's speed. A lot of physical teams have tried crashing the line of scrimmage as a way to negate Kirtland's running game. It hasn't worked yet with much success. Maybe for a drive or 2 but not that well on the whole. Kirtland's pass defense has gotten much better this season. I think the Hornet's will try to do on D what they always do. Again I think that speed will be the key to the game.

Last edited:
Anyone care to discuss what they think the keys of the game are? Ill go first. I think on both sides of the ball the game is about how OG will handle Kirtland's speed. A lot of physical teams have tried crashing the line of scrimmage as a way to negate Kirtland's running game. It hasn't worked yet with much success. Maybe for a drive or 2 but not that well on the whole. Kirtland's pass defense has gotten much better this season. I think the Hornet's will try to do on D what they always do. Again I think that speed will be the key to the game.
In addition, like pretty much all teams that face Kirtland, how will OG handle Kirtland’s strength and stamina…will be interesting to see how Kirtland handles OG’s size

This year 3 teams found a way to knock off OG - I find it hard to think Kirtland wont.do the same. OG will need the best game in school history and hope the unthinkable and unlikely will happen to Kirtland - even then they might need some luck. There is really nothing OG does that Kirtland has not seen. OG will have to deal with a Hornet secondary that is much improved and a very fast, strong and disciplined swarming defense. The offense just beats you up. The lineman fire off the ball and maintain their blocks to the whistle on every play and the RBs and QB run hard. Leave the arm tackles at home with these guys. I see Kirtland pulling away comfortably in the second half. The key for OG is to try and create turnovers and they need to do what teams better then them could not do - score. I'm sure they will be fired up and confident but it will take a Herculean effort for this to be a game deep into the 4th.

This year 3 teams found a way to knock off OG - I find it hard to think Kirtland wont.do the same. OG will need the best game in school history and hope the unthinkable and unlikely will happen to Kirtland - even then they might need some luck. There is really nothing OG does that Kirtland has not seen. OG will have to deal with a Hornet secondary that is much improved and a very fast, strong and disciplined swarming defense. The offense just beats you up. The lineman fire off the ball and maintain their blocks to the whistle on every play and the RBs and QB run hard. Leave the arm tackles at home with these guys. I see Kirtland pulling away comfortably in the second half. The key for OG is to try and create turnovers and they need to do what teams better then them could not do - score. I'm sure they will be fired up and confident but it will take a Herculean effort for this to be a game deep into the 4th.
You make Kirtland sound like the 2018 Cornerstone Christian basketball team that you touted so highly ?

(Btw, if I had to bet, my money would be on the Hornets)

In addition, like pretty much all teams that face Kirtland, how will OG handle Kirtland’s strength and stamina…will be interesting to see how Kirtland handles OG’s size
Agreed. When teams that are big and physical try to punch Kirtland in the mouth approach, it usually doesn't work for them. I think Kirtland might try to try to turn OG's lineman instead of driving them back, and keep using the misdirection plays added with some passing. We might see Kirtland passing more in this game. I watched some OG video. Remind my of Garfield with the size. The weather tomorrow is supposed to be rainy/snow and cold but not windy.

Ottawa Glandorf you guys usually have a good basketball team. So after around 9:30 tonight basketball season starts for you. Silver linings.

Greetings from New Jersey. The Kirtland Invitational continues. They will win by three scores. Change my mind
Agreed, no matter how well O-G is playing now it's still a 3 loss team! No way, unless KHS is a turnover machine tonight is O-G winning. Every team believes/hopes it can beat KHS and they should but from what I've seen on limited video of O-G it's not tonight. Will be wore down by the start of the 2nd half!

Just curious, what video was that? The Otsego game posted earlier?

I thought Otsego was a REALLY good team. Super proud we beat them. Their RB was the best I've seen in a long time. Outstanding mobile QB with a strong arm, with a great speed WR and an impressive TE.

Swarming, if only average sized on D. Their offensive studs played in the secondary and were very athletic. They blitzed a lot, and we handled it pretty well.

Good luck to both teams, hope everyone stays healthy.

Just curious, what video was that? The Otsego game posted earlier?

I thought Otsego was a REALLY good team. Super proud we beat them. Their RB was the best I've seen in a long time. Outstanding mobile QB with a strong arm, with a great speed WR and an impressive TE.

Swarming, if only average sized on D. Their offensive studs played in the secondary and were very athletic. They blitzed a lot, and we handled it pretty well.

Good luck to both teams, hope everyone stays healthy.
Otsego returned at least three all-Ohioans from the year before & a few honorable mentions; that should stand for something. OG has some very good athletes; especially their receivers, and their line packs a wallop. Not to mention their defense has forced about 30 turnovers in 14 games. There should be a lot of action in all three phases of the game tonight.

I expect a great game, and like @GoTitans said, I hope everyone comes out healthy amid the conditions.

Otsego returned at least three all-Ohioans from the year before & a few honorable mentions; that should stand for something. OG has some very good athletes; especially their receivers, and their line packs a wallop. Not to mention their defense has forced about 30 turnovers in 14 games. There should be a lot of action in all three phases of the game tonight.

I expect a great game, and like @GoTitans said, I hope everyone comes out healthy amid the conditions.

I love your posts. Seriously, refreshing to see a fan of an absolute juggernaut take nothing for granted and give their opponents credit.

Public apology to GoTitans here for something I said on another thread. Just a long, stressful week and I took it out there. I like and respect that you're passionate about your team and I can't say I wouldn't be defending them at all costs if my school was the one involved. OG has some of the classiest fans and programs in the WBL and I truly hope they can pull the upset. We can agree to disagree on if we think they have a real shot, but I'll be rooting on them to prove me wrong (again) for sure.

Good luck to both teams!

It’s going to be a long drive to and from Kirtland. Anyone traveling, be safe…supposed to be snow and rain today and tonight