Division II State Semifinal: Winton Woods (11-3) vs Uniontown Green (11-3)

Who wins?

• Winton Woods by 17+

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • Winton Woods by 8-16

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • Winton Woods by 1-7

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Green by 1-7

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EagleFan

Fan of Eagle
Two 7 seeds, certainly neither were favorites to win their region, but here we are. Long trip for both teams pending. Winton Woods appears to be the favorite. Thoughts?

Congrats to Green on the huge win last night!
As a Cincy guy who has lived in NEO a long time I get it!

Looking forward to driving down somewhere in Cbus area to see my Warriors take on Green next weekend.
Gonna meet up with some old football buddies from Greenhills and Forest Park, drink some beers and hit the game.
Should be a fun game.
Final Four one more time boys!
Let's Go Warriors!

Hey Green guys tell us about your team.
Don't know much about em other than reading on here and Joe Eitel.
I'm gonna watch some game action of them this week when I get a chance.

I know nothing about Winton Wood. Tell us something about them. Green has overachieved this year but they deserve a chance to get to championship. Hopefully a good exciting game next week.

Watched there game against Wooster, don’t think they can stop WW at all offensively but defensively they could cause trouble Because they 5 wide throwing it every play, they look a lot lik Anderson but with some better skill players they got a couple guys who can play

Last edited:
Green has a pass oriented offense. QB is really accurate and he has some good receivers and 2 really good ones. Lines are small, but quick. Have some players that go both ways. They play in the same league as Massillon Perry, who has made some runs to the Finals recently.

I know nothing about Winton Wood. Tell us something about them. Green has overachieved this year but they deserve a chance to get to championship. Hopefully a good exciting game next week.
Complete team good offense good defense, running team with multiple backs. Great against the run with good DBS really don’t have a weakness rn other than the quarterback is jus a guy he’s not a playmaker or anything lik that he jus runs the offense

If Winton Woods can get Van Horn off his spot like Canton McKinley did, I like Winton Woods chances. I think Winton Woods will be able to run the ball against Green defense.

Green has been the doormat of the FED since they joined. Not this year though. Perry who was 2-8 this year (not very good) got curb stomped by Green. Perry had 5 O.T. games this year they were not a disaster but I will admit I thought that they would definitely beat Green as usual. Green has a special team this year, Van Horn is a name that you'll hear all night long! Very proud of them! Beating Massillon says a lot! Bunch of tough kids scrapping it out! I hope for an injury free game and of course my FED brothers pulling out the W! GO GREEN!

If Winton Woods can get Van Horn off his spot like Canton McKinley did, I like Winton Woods chances. I think Winton Woods will be able to run the ball against Green defense.
All Perry does is run, run, and did I say run? They shut them down very well! Hoover was a run heavy team also and Green took care of them also. Will definitely be interesting to see if they can hinder the WW run game.

Never heard of green but them beating Massillon says alot...either way it goes its looking like all roads will lead to that monster called hoban
Hoban is a tough out no doubt but it ain't the Hoban of the past. I most definitely wouldn't look past Avon. Tough team who is right there in the mix the last several years.

Complete team good offense good defense, running team with multiple backs. Great against the run with good DBS really don’t have a weakness rn other than the quarterback is jus a guy he’s not a playmaker or anything lik that he jus runs the offense
Sounds like the QB, "weakness" is doing a great job of managing the game. I think thats a good thing. With the backs that WW has,why would he have to be a superstar! He is very efficient as a QB,he was 8 if 9 for 109 passing yards. The only encompletion was the pass Spikes dropped.

Green has definitely gotten a world better at the tail end of the season and in the playoffs. The Green team I saw play GlenOak and Louisville is not the same team they are now.

Watched there game against Wooster, don’t think they can stop WW at all offensively but defensively they could cause trouble Because they 5 wide throwing it every play, they look a lot lik Anderson
Sounds like the QB, "weakness" is doing a great job of managing the game. I think thats a good thing. With the backs that WW has,why would he have to be a superstar! He is very efficient as a QB,he was 8 if 9 for 109 passing yards. The only encompletion was the pass Spikes dropped.
That’s cool but lik I said he’s not a playmaker and he got 13 turnovers I’m not dissing him it’s jus the facts he does his job but he’s not great imo

Just like the pros...the qbs can be the separation...if you have a dual threat qb or a guy who can spin it...it makes a difference. Sounds like Winton Woods doesnt have that guy and Green does. Green will be physical enough defensively...to allow their QB and skill players to do enough to win. Winton Woods probably favored by 13 by Vegas but Green 28 WW 22. The better the weather the better for Green. Bad weather definitely helps WW.