Votes: 35 13.1%
  • Moeller

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Pick Central

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Upper Arlington

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
It was out of the bag last November. I was there when they lost to Medina and even then I was thinking that this loss will be the fuel/fire they need. And they were probably in the weight room the next day at 6:00 AM.
I realize that. I think they were shocked to say the least. Ramos had grown up quite a bit since last year. His progression from last year to this year should be commended, yet it really doesn’t show up on the message board. Most of the accolades have been geared to the defense and running game this year. His performance in this game will easily define who wins. Medina has a solid team all around!

UH OH…. St Ed is gonna roll their helmets out on the field. No need for anyone to show up the next 3 weeks.

I think your jumping to conclusions a tad bit based on a couple of comments about last years game between Medina and St. Ed’s. I didn’t see anybody handing out the trophy this early. Don’t get so offensive!

For Marysville in addition to Gabe Powers we have:

Left Tacke Gavin Rohrs ‘22 had several non-Power 5 FBS offers and is heading to Oxford to play for Miami.

Griffin Johnson, RB ‘23, was on the camp circuit over the summer has visited Michigan State but not aware of any offers or other visits.

Fish, he reminds me of Denicos Allen. Miller is always going to be undersized at LB, but he can run and hit and that’s really all that matters.
London Fletcher real height was 5’91/2 Miller is 5’10 (real size) so why can’t he make it? Cat can play I will say that.

Denicos Allen is a great comparison.

Lakota West has another junior and two sophomores with Power 5 offers as well (Malik Hartford is actually a 4-star safety for 2023, higher rated than all but Sonny), giving them 6 players in total with Power 5 offers. They also have a senior OL committed to Buffalo, and 3 other players with FBS offers, giving them 10 players with FBS offers on their roster. Note that this doesn't include the guy who is arguably their best player in senior LB Aden Miller, nor does it include Mitch Bolden. I expect both of these guys to eventually get FBS offers as well.

Pickerington Central has 7 players with FBS offers that I can find, and they have arguably the best defensive player in the country in Sonny Styles.

Springfield has 5 players with FBS offers that I can find (Jokell Brown is another player that should definitely play at the FBS level).

Moeller has 6 players with FBS offers that I can find (senior QB Noah Gesselbracht will surely get one too).

St. Ed's has 5 players with FBS offers that I can find (Christian Ramos probably should make it 6). Is that really it?

Is Allar really Medina's only FBS recruit? I did see that a few guys had FCS offers, but all I can say is WOW.

Same with Marysville? Is Gabe Powers their only FBS recruit?

Upper Arlington doesn't look like it has a single player with an FBS offer.
Lakota West has 12 kids playing right now that will be D1 …. Possible 13. I doubt anyone has that in the state. Doesn’t mKe them favorites or anything, but that’s damn impressive.

For Marysville in addition to Gabe Powers we have:

Left Tacke Gavin Rohrs ‘22 had several non-Power 5 FBS offers and is heading to Oxford to play for Miami.

Griffin Johnson, RB ‘23, was on the camp circuit over the summer has visited Michigan State but not aware of any offers or other visits.
Got it. I missed Rohrs when I scanned the through Marysville players. I don’t think Johnson is going to be an FBS player, at least not at RB. Also, does Marysville really run the Wing T? Good luck with that against Springfield’s defense.

Lakota West has 12 kids playing right now that will be D1 …. Possible 13. I doubt anyone has that in the state. Doesn’t mKe them favorites or anything, but that’s damn impressive.
Correction, they have potentially 12 FBS players. There are maybe another 5 (Goode, Minich, Fussell, Lloyd, Asbeck) that will get FCS offers, which is also D1. 17 potential D1 players is insane.

I still think St Edward is the favorite with Medina a close 2nd. Not too far behind are Lakota West and Upper Arlington. Just a stones throw away I figure Pickerington Central and Marysville. Springfield and Moeller round out the field.

Last edited:
I would go something like this:

1. Lakota West
2. St. Edward
3. Pickerington Central
4. Medina
5. Springfield
6. Moeller
7. Marysville
8. Upper Arlington

I honestly think Upper Arlington is in for a rude awakening against PC.

Got it. I missed Rohrs when I scanned the through Marysville players. I don’t think Johnson is going to be an FBS player, at least not at RB. Also, does Marysville really run the Wing T? Good luck with that against Springfield’s defense.
I would be surprised as well.

yes the wing-t and they run the counter action and double handoff pretty well so the key will be if the line can hold the blocks long enough for it to work and either slow Springfield down or get them bitting on the counter. Maybe we don’t get the big runs but are able to pound the ball for 3-4 yards at a time. From there it will be which defense forces mistakes or short fields.

I realize that. I think they were shocked to say the least. Ramos had grown up quite a bit since last year. His progression from last year to this year should be commended, yet it really doesn’t show up on the message board. Most of the accolades have been geared to the defense and running game this year. His performance in this game will easily define who wins. Medina has a solid team all around!
I 100% agree regarding Ramos. He could definitely be the difference maker. Ed's has what Ignatius was missing with Ramos vs. Medina. He truly is the 'X' factor and is a much better QB than last year.

I agree with many of the posters that the 2021 D1 Champion could be any of the remaining. There really isn't a huge difference between them. It's going to be fun to watch it all unfold.

Springfield
I still think St Edward is the favorite with Medina a close 2nd. Not too far behind are Lakota West and Upper Arlington. Just a stones throw away I figure Pickerington Central and Marysville. Springfield and Moeller round out the field.
Definitely has a better shot then upper Arlington and PC

I'd go with:

1. Ed
2. Central
3. Medina
4. West
5. Marysville
6. Springfield
7. Moe
8. UA
This is close I like it. Not as high on PC as you, but I’d have them at 4 . Ed’s is the favorite , with Medina then West after them.

I would go something like this:

1. Lakota West
2. St. Edward
3. Pickerington Central
4. Medina
5. Springfield
6. Moeller
7. Marysville
8. Upper Arlington

I honestly think Upper Arlington is in for a rude awakening against PC.
Is that opinion based on PC dominant performances against the two UA common opponents of Reynoldsburg & Bradley?

I agree with many of the posters that the 2021 D1 Champion could be any of the remaining. There really isn't a huge difference between them. It's going to be fun to watch it all unfold.
Take Maxpreps power ratings for what their worth, but all 8 teams remaining are in the top 10!

Take Maxpreps power ratings for what their worth, but all 8 teams remaining are in the top 10!
If I'm being totally honest, I know all 8 are good teams. But I would say that I think only 3 have a real shot at it. Lakota West, St. Ed's , Medina. But that is not based on seeing all of the teams. But I think the winner will come from 1 of those 3.

Shocking to see nobody from Ed's. Know the kid committed to Minnesota hasn't been able to play the past two years now.

Medina just has Allar for FBS, but they have at least 5 or 6 other seniors who will play at least FCS/D2, so they still have college talent. Im sure the others do as well though.

Medina has a couple underclassmen with a chance at FBS offers as well down the road.
Bixby moved back to Minnesota (where he lived prior to the family moving to Ohio) and is at Eden Prairie High School. Not sure if he's been able to suit up for them this year or if he is just preparing to play when he enrolls at Minnesota in the summer.

Castleberry is the only other senior with a D1 offer. Few others are likely FCS/D2/D3 bound. Majority of Ed's future D1 talent is in the junior and sophomore classes.

Last edited:
Thanks Buckeyes 11. I was eliminating them based on people writing pretty much they don't have much offense and will have to win 10-7 games. And I find it hard to see any team having to play 3 more and containing the big dogs to around 10 points the rest of the way. Also I know it was early, but I know Ignatius was neck and neck with them and only lost by 4 at Springfield. And I don't have Ignatius on the same level as the other three I mentioned. Plus Lakota West beating St. X in the playoffs is a pretty big deal. But that was only 12-2 which is still hard to comprehend that score. (probably weather related). By my own admittance, I have not seen any of those teams except Medina and St. Ed's. So it's based on readings, posts, and scores. I could very well be way off. Can't wait to find out.

F
Thanks Buckeyes 11. I was eliminating them based on people writing pretty much they don't have much offense and will have to win 10-7 games. And I find it hard to see any team having to play 3 more and containing the big dogs to around 10 points the rest of the way. Also I know it was early, but I know Ignatius was neck and neck with them and only lost by 4 at Springfield. And I don't have Ignatius on the same level as the other three I mentioned. Plus Lakota West beating St. X in the playoffs is a pretty big deal. But that was only 12-2 which is still hard to comprehend that score. (probably weather related). By my own admittance, I have not seen any of those teams except Medina and St. Ed's. So it's based on readings, posts, and scores. I could very well be way off. Can't wait to find out.
I agree can’t wait to see what happens friday.