• Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching some of that Green vs Wooster game. Green doesn’t look like a very physical team at all. A stark contrast from the way Massillon plays. This is going to be a long night for Green. I don’t think The Green QB will last 4 qtrs if he tries running the ball. Big Walnut experienced this last week.

I'm more worried about Vanhorn taking a beating seeing that he's their leading rusher also. He's going to be the focal point on every offense snap. That can wear him down as the game goes on. I know its been that way all year, but I feel this will be their biggest test by far.
That's true. Its been very noticeable to me that shying away from hits, sliding, or throwing the ball away are things Trevor just doesn't do. He's taken a ton of hits this year for sure.

I’m sure this has already been discussed somewhere on here, but what’s the deal with Massillon RB Hartson? Is he done for the year? You’d think missing an Ohio state target caliber RB would have an impact but the Lennix kid seems to be doing awesome. Is he better than Hartson or just different style? Also, what would you say the breakdown is for QB play between Slaughter and McElroy? 60/40?

There aren’t many Tiger fans before the season who thought we would win the region let alone final 4 or farther. Before the girls get them all bunched up I’m not just talking about Tiger fans on yappi either. In the summer Massillon fans that I talked to at the golf outing and other functions were hoping we would win a couple playoff games to get the young kids some experience in the playoffs.
3 starters back from last year, 1 on D and at this point in the season we have a freshman starting QB with a CB who has to play RB because of injuries. Also a freshman DL along with many JR’s and Soph’s playing on both sides of the ball.
I agree with you chronic they will be the 3rd or 4th best team in the final 4 no matter who wins.
I admit, after week one I didn’t know what to expect. But before that I knew we would be young. We lost what I thought was going to be our starting Quarterback. Lots of inexperienced kids. I was very impatient at times. That’s because we’ve been spoiled the last 5 years. But what I found out without any question is we have a great head coach and staff. I’ve always liked Nate but this year showed me something. We are in great hands. We have kids that play for each other and are very selfless. Darrius McElroy…need I say more? They have built something here that I had always wished would be. Not this revolving door of inept coaches and selfish players. We have a real program here now. Enjoy this while it last folks. Things change and you just never know when that’s going to happen in some cases. Go to Mansfield Friday night and watch these boys win the region for the 5th straight year and another trip to the state semifinals! Go Tigers! Beat Green!

I’m sure this has already been discussed somewhere on here, but what’s the deal with Massillon RB Hartson? Is he done for the year? You’d think missing an Ohio state target caliber RB would have an impact but the Lennix kid seems to be doing awesome. Is he better than Hartson or just different style? Also, what would you say the breakdown is for QB play between Slaughter and McElroy? 60/40?
Lenix is fantastic, better than Hartson? I don’t think so. But I think they’re both different. Next year I would not want to have to deal with those two I’ll say that. Slaughter and McElroy is about 80/20 or so. Unless someone else has a better outlook on that but that’s what it seems to me.

Lennix is actually like the 4th or 5th rb Massillon has had out there and tbh kinda glad he found a role there. His coverage was meh at times, so seeing his speed go to work on offense has been nice. Hartson’s vision is pretty amazing and he’s hard to bring down, with overall decent speed.

What TomBoiii said. Normally don't discuss injuries but pretty well known at this point it was a high ankle sprain. Progressing nicely but alot riding on his future and others have stepped up. Namely passing game (was anemic early), McElroy, and of course Lennix.

Lenix is fantastic, better than Hartson? I don’t think so. But I think they’re both different. Next year I would not want to have to deal with those two I’ll say that. Slaughter and McElroy is about 80/20 or so. Unless someone else has a better outlook on that but that’s what it seems to me.

Agreed. Early on Hartson carried the load while McElroy then the freshman got their feet wet. He was the entirety of the defensive gameplan and had to fight for every yard. Did not help that o-line was patchwork early also. Would LOVE to see him healthy now. What I like about Lennix is he adds a little more bounce outside or on sweeps.

Agreed. Early on Hartson carried the load while McElroy then the freshman got their feet wet. He was the entirety of the defensive gameplan and had to fight for every yard. Did not help that o-line was patchwork early also. Would LOVE to see him healthy now. What I like about Lennix is he adds a little more bounce outside or on sweeps.
To have only played 6 games and have
831 yds. (7.3 avg) makes you really wonder how teams are going to control both him and Lenix next year, along with a few others who should absolutely get playing time.
There is A LOT going on over here ???

This game is for some hardware- I don’t think Green is going to lay down. They are representing the Fed and they are going to be hungry.
We better come ready to play………….
We talk about the regular season schedule getting us ready for the playoffs.
Have the playoffs been getting us ready for the real competition?

Green won't roll over.

But will they get rolled over?

That is the question that will be answered Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.