• Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The kid knew what he was signing up for as soon as he transferred. To Hell with him
Family decision. Is what it is. Wish him well and zero hard feelings.

Obviously it adds some flavor to it but if we are both fortunate enough to play each other week 16 all of that hoopla is really insignificant on the outcome of the game. Comes down to execution & line play. Hoban completely dominated the tigers up front last year which was the rationale behind the result.

I feel you. They do it every thread no matter who we're playing and I took the bait.
Not your fault. Some people aren't secure if their team hasn't accomplished much. I root for Kent State with no apologies, and they stink. And others have a disease where they think they're winners because they were part of a great program 30 years ago, or lose it because they haven't been just a little bit greater.

Either we're getting the little brother of the Fed and literal offshoot program of the Tigers doing what the other Fed schools couldn't, or Massillon's best shot at a state title since I've been alive. I'm not sure why people just can't enjoy the damn thing.

I would put Brawley in single coverage on Martin to shut him down.
If anyone could it would be him but he other Green receivers will get open too even if Martin can't. Its the Massillon lines that worry me. I assume they are comparable to Hoover's, or at least close.

If anyone could it would be him but he other Green receivers will get open too even if Martin can't. Its the Massillon lines that worry me. I assume they are comparable to Hoover's, or at least close.
I'm more worried about Vanhorn taking a beating seeing that he's their leading rusher also. He's going to be the focal point on every offense snap. That can wear him down as the game goes on. I know its been that way all year, but I feel this will be their biggest test by far.

Massillon’s lines are a lot better than Hoover’s I promise you that. Way way more physical and have size. Massillon needs to not let Martin make big plays and the rest of the receivers to me aren’t much to worry about honestly

The biggest concern for Green will be how do they defend the Tigers offense.
In the last 4 games…
Rushing 1,038 yds. 17 TD’s
Passing 701 yds. 8 TD’s
They won’t be able to. Our offensive line will be too much and then the speed will be even more of a problem. I honestly don’t see them holding Massillon under 30 points

Green offensive strategy is to get rid of the ball before the rush can get to the QB. Hit the hot receiver. Its worked quite well most of the time.

Massillons defenders will have to press the recievers or jump them immediately...or else play softer and play contain...accept that they will catch their share, but keep Green from breaking many....make Green drive the field without making mistakes.

On the other side, Green has not seen the combination of size and speed that Massillons offense features. The only comparable was McKinley...and that didn't go well.

When it comes to special teams...what Massillon has done in nearly every aspect of the kicking game is historical...from blocked kicks to returns for TDs.

IMO Massillon must play very sloppily...lots of turnovers and penalties at crucial times...for Green to stay in the game.

The best team with the best players decides how a game goes. If both teams play well, the better team wins. If both play poorly, the better team wins. If Massillon plays poorly and Green plays its best game, things could be very interesting.

Watched some of the Wooster/Green game. Receiver looks really good but not any better than Saunders from WN. #58 is the only player with size on either line. Having said that, #58 is a ball player. Double team him and there is no other resistance. Qb is decent. Massillon has played quite a few dual threats this year and the Green qb isnt better than any of them, but serviceable. Massillon 55-13.

What in the world makes you think that? IF they make it to the final four they IMHO would be the 3rd best team at best.
There aren’t many Tiger fans before the season who thought we would win the region let alone final 4 or farther. Before the girls get them all bunched up I’m not just talking about Tiger fans on yappi either. In the summer Massillon fans that I talked to at the golf outing and other functions were hoping we would win a couple playoff games to get the young kids some experience in the playoffs.
3 starters back from last year, 1 on D and at this point in the season we have a freshman starting QB with a CB who has to play RB because of injuries. Also a freshman DL along with many JR’s and Soph’s playing on both sides of the ball.
I agree with you chronic they will be the 3rd or 4th best team in the final 4 no matter who wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.