Votes: 35 13.1%
  • Moeller

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Pick Central

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Upper Arlington

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
Havenwood an idiot!! He the moron that said Private’s don’t have a chance because they recruit. You know like only Private Schools recruit??‍♂️. What’s the saying, Can’t fix Stupid??
Smarty do you want me to go back and show you the stupid crap you have said. Man you got me how am I going to recover. I’m so upset you think I’m an idiot. What a horrible day in my life.

It was almost 8 weeks ago, and Moeller was without their starting QB. Not saying Moeller will win, but this is a much different Moe team than week 5 vs. St. X. If you payed attention, you should already know that?

Okay. ?

I guess we’ll see in a week if they’re 40 points better.

No clue they just seem pretty physical and disciplined as hell
The discipline stuck out to me Friday against Whitmer, they are the most disciplined team I have seen in a long time. Very technique sound as well. Defensively they flew to the ball and gang tackled in a way that you really don't see against a spread team. That said, I haven't seen the other teams in person, just some video when I could find it. Haven't seen Springfield but have followed them from a distance since they have been hyped for a while. Based on the things I have heard about SHS and what I witnessed in Marysville this should be a monster matchup.

Apparently Springfield has skill and speed to burn, Marysville has their fair share of kids and executes. The Powers kids can play. It seems like it will depend on how well Springfield defends the Wing-T. If they are successful at containing the edge rushing game it would likely force Marysville to take more direct shots with the Belly series and/or throw. If SHS is as good up front as advertised play-action passes like the Bootleg could be a problem to protect. Colton Powers had a 94 yard TD run against Whitmer on the Belly, in fact, Whitmer never really figured out how to defend it.

Most of the downfield throws for Whitmer were high and outside so I can't comment on how Marysville defends the short and medium routes. Whoever wins this game will have earned it.

At this stage of this season, sometimes it is the top recruits/playmakers that can make a difference in close games. Here’s the recruiting rankings for Ohio for players on teams in the D1 regional finals:

Class of ‘22
247sports/Rivals

#2 (5*)/#2 (5*) Gabe Powers - Marysville LB/RB (Ohio State)
#4 (5*)/#7 (4*) Drew Allar – Medina QB (Penn State) - #1 QB nationally

#5 (4*) /#4 (4*) Tegra Tshabola – Lakota West OT (Ohio State)
#7 (4*) /#6 (4*) Jyaire Brown – Lakota West DB/WR (Ohio State)
#10 (4*)/#12 (4*) Alex Afari – Lakota West DB/WR (Kentucky)

#22 (3*)/#23 (3*) Kwabena Asamoah – Pick Central OL (Rutgers)
#23 (3*)/#23 (3*) – CJ Doggette – Pick Central DL (Cincinnati)
#24 (3*)/#16 (3*) Delian Bradley – Springfield DB (UND)
#32 (3*)/#27 (3*) Josh Kattus – Cin. Moeller TE (Kentucky)
#34 (3*)/#32 (3*) Tyler Gillison – Pick Central DL (Cincinnati)
#42 (3*)/#34 (3*) Te’Sean Smoot – Springfield QB (UND)
#43 (3*)/#37 (3*) Brandon White – Cin. Moeller WR (Kentucky)
#57 (3*) Gavin Rohrs – Marysville OL (Miami Ohio)
#61 (3*) Dakari Frazier – Pick Central LB (Louisville)

Class of ‘23
247sports/Rivals

#1 (5*)/#1 (5*) Alex “Sonny” Styles – Pick Central S (Ohio State)

#6 (4*) /#5 (4*) Anthony Brown – Springfield WR (Minnesota)

-------/#12 (3*) Shawn Thigpen – Springfield WR (UND)

S
At this stage of this season, sometimes it is the top recruits/playmakers that can make a difference in close games. Here’s the recruiting rankings for Ohio for players on teams in the D1 regional finals:

Class of ‘22
247sports/Rivals

Class of ‘23
247sports/Rivals

Seems that west springfield and pick central have the most talent

I picture to the players they are on everyone’s radar. They have had so many D1 athletes and deep playoff runs compared to the other schools
It honestly will probably go to the team that has the most balance. That being said I thought that was X and they are gone. So who knows what’s gonna happen, but it will be fun to watch play out.

It honestly will probably go to the team that has the most balance. That being said I thought that was X and they are gone. So who knows what’s gonna happen, but it will be fun to watch play out.
We're at the point where they need to just go out and play the games and see what happens. I do think SHS has extra motivation in their mission to return to State and get past the semifinal which will be a factor. The seniors are not just looking to show up this time, especially when they were so close last year when many people felt they were the better team and should have won.

We're at the point where they need to just go out and play the games and see what happens. I do think SHS has extra motivation in their mission to return to State and get past the semifinal which will be a factor. The seniors are not just looking to show up this time, especially when they were so close last year when many people felt they were the better team and should have won.
Springfield has a good squad no cap. Smoot is a difference maker with his running ability. Springfield can match West toughness too. That would be a hell of a game and I would prob lean SHS in that one.

Here are the average points per game through the first three playoff games. Make of them what you will.

Two things need to be pointed out:
  • To provide a fairer comparison, points scored in overtime periods were not included. The number of overtime games are: St. Edward 1, Medina 0, Marysville 1, Springfield 0, Upper Arlington 0, Pickerington Central 1, Moeller 3 and Lakota West 0.
  • These are the raw numbers, without any consideration for strength-of-schedule.
1637006511575.png

Here are the average points per game through the first three playoff games. Make of them what you will.

Two things need to be pointed out:
  • To provide a fairer comparison, points scored in overtime periods were not included. The number of overtime games are: St. Edward 1, Medina 0, Marysville 1, Springfield 0, Upper Arlington 0, Pickerington Central 1, Moeller 3 and Lakota West 0.
  • These are the raw numbers, without any consideration for strength-of-schedule.
View attachment 23581
I believe the numbers would most likely not change a huge amount and I know it would be extremely hard to do but it would interesting to see these numbers taking out points scored on back ups during the season and playoffs. I only say this because I know LW defensive starters have only given up 68 points in the regular season and 75 if you include the playoffs. I figure that the numbers and rankings would be the same since most teams left have been destroying competition by it would be interesting to see.

But I think Springfield's defense is better than both of them.
Possibly better than Pickerington Central, but not even close to as good as Lakota West. Lakota West just gave up 0 offensive points to the defending state champ that was averaging 40.8 ppg. That said, if we get any of Lakota West-Springfield, Lakota-West-Pickerington Central, or Springfield-Pickerington Central in the playoffs, first to 10 points wins. These games might be 3-3 heading to overtime.

Possibly better than Pickerington Central, but not even close to as good as Lakota West. Lakota West just gave up 0 offensive points to the defending state champ that was averaging 40.8 ppg. That said, if we get any of Lakota West-Springfield, Lakota-West-Pickerington Central, or Springfield-Pickerington Central in the playoffs, first to 10 points wins. These games might be 3-3 heading to overtime.
Hmmm

Class of ‘22
247sports/Rivals

Class of ‘23
247sports/Rivals

Lakota West has another junior and two sophomores with Power 5 offers as well (Malik Hartford is actually a 4-star safety for 2023, higher rated than all but Sonny), giving them 6 players in total with Power 5 offers. They also have a senior OL committed to Buffalo, and 3 other players with FBS offers, giving them 10 players with FBS offers on their roster. Note that this doesn't include the guy who is arguably their best player in senior LB Aden Miller, nor does it include Mitch Bolden. I expect both of these guys to eventually get FBS offers as well.

Pickerington Central has 7 players with FBS offers that I can find, and they have arguably the best defensive player in the country in Sonny Styles.

Springfield has 5 players with FBS offers that I can find (Jokell Brown is another player that should definitely play at the FBS level).

Moeller has 6 players with FBS offers that I can find (senior QB Noah Gesselbracht will surely get one too).

St. Ed's has 5 players with FBS offers that I can find (Christian Ramos probably should make it 6). Is that really it?

Is Allar really Medina's only FBS recruit? I did see that a few guys had FCS offers, but all I can say is WOW.

Same with Marysville? Is Gabe Powers their only FBS recruit?

Upper Arlington doesn't look like it has a single player with an FBS offer.

Class of ‘22
247sports/Rivals

Class of ‘23
247sports/Rivals

Shocking to see nobody from Ed's. Know the kid committed to Minnesota hasn't been able to play the past two years now.

Medina just has Allar for FBS, but they have at least 5 or 6 other seniors who will play at least FCS/D2, so they still have college talent. Im sure the others do as well though.

Medina has a couple underclassmen with a chance at FBS offers as well down the road.

Lakota West has another junior and two sophomores with Power 5 offers as well (Malik Hartford is actually a 4-star safety for 2023, higher rated than all but Sonny), giving them 6 players in total with Power 5 offers. They also have a senior OL committed to Buffalo, and 3 other players with FBS offers, giving them 10 players with FBS offers on their roster. Note that this doesn't include the guy who is arguably their best player in senior LB Aden Miller, nor does it include Mitch Bolden. I expect both of these guys to eventually get FBS offers as well.

Pickerington Central has 7 players with FBS offers that I can find, and they have arguably the best defensive player in the country in Sonny Styles.

Springfield has 5 players with FBS offers that I can find (Jokell Brown is another player that should definitely play at the FBS level).

Moeller has 6 players with FBS offers that I can find (senior QB Noah Gesselbracht will surely get one too).

St. Ed's has 5 players with FBS offers that I can find (Christian Ramos probably should make it 6). Is that really it?

Is Allar really Medina's only FBS recruit? I did see that a few guys had FCS offers, but all I can say is WOW.

Same with Marysville? Is Gabe Powers their only FBS recruit?

Upper Arlington doesn't look like it has a single player with an FBS offer.
Springfield has a sophomore at corner named Aaron Scott who may end up being the best prospect on that team down the line. The linebackers can all 3 play d1 at smaller schools

Shocking to see nobody from Ed's. Know the kid committed to Minnesota hasn't been able to play the past two years now.

Medina just has Allar for FBS, but they have at least 5 or 6 other seniors who will play at least FCS/D2, so they still have college talent. Im sure the others do as well though.

Medina has a couple underclassmen with a chance at FBS offers as well down the road.
For MAC schools, I think there is great value in making a late offer on a star player in the final 8 of the Ohio D1 playoffs that doesn't have an FBS offer. It has to be just lazy recruiting at this point. Hasn't anybody watched Drew Allar's film and wondered who that receiver is that is going up and getting all of his deep balls? That said, the following are players I think would be perfect for MAC programs to a make a late run at:

Aden Miller (Lakota West) 5-11, 210 LB
Noah Gesselbracht (Moeller) 6-6, 215 QB
Jokell Brown (Springfield) 6-0, 285 DT
Matt Spatny (Medina) 6-3, 245 DE
Brennan Schramm (Medina) 6-1, 185 WR **only a junior**

Springfield has a sophomore at corner named Aaron Scott who may end up being the best prospect on that team down the line. The linebackers can all 3 play d1 at smaller schools
Yea, I'm surprised Scott doesn't officially have an offer yet. It certainly seems like he's on the radar for Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame and the like. Springfield probably has 8 FBS players currently playing (and probably some sophomores playing small roles who will develop into FBS players) on the team. It's a very talented team, right up there with Lakota West and Pickerington Central. St. Ed's weirdly is only ok on top end talent for a team that could win the D1 title. Moeller is too, but it would be very surprising if Moeller advances another round. Medina and Marysville seem to be one-off teams with talented senior classes and one star player. I have no idea why Upper Arlington is undefeated. They weren't good last year and they don't seem to be very talented.

Also of note on the players I mentioned above, I actually think that Spatny is good enough to play in the Big Ten, let alone the MAC. He's really good, has plenty of size, is apparently young for a high school senior and still growing, and has been electronically timed at sub-4.8.

It just has a feel that Ed's is on a mission and that mission STARTED the day after they lost to Medina in the playoffs last November.

Don’t let the cat out of the bag ;)
It was out of the bag last November. I was there when they lost to Medina and even then I was thinking that this loss will be the fuel/fire they need. And they were probably in the weight room the next day at 6:00 AM.