Votes: 35 13.1%
  • Moeller

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Pick Central

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Upper Arlington

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters

I had Medina No. 1 in my final rankings (though had Ed's No. 2 ... and had Ed's No. 1 up until they lost to Moeller). But, I'm still going to vote Medina. I don't think they have done anything so far in the playoffs to lose my No. 1 vote. Plus, anybody who knows my posting history knows I've been pointing to 2021 as being potentially a special group back when these kids were in the 8th grade.

The one reason why it's fair not to vote for Medina (or St. Ed's) is that I think both have the toughest paths remaining, mainly because they play each other this week, then would still have to win two more after that.

LW-Moeller is the only game pitting two play-off experienced isn't it.? Moeller's schedule more battle tested but LW joined that crowd with convincing wins over Princeton and X. I choose LW

The other three are pitting play-off experience against relative new-by, at least as far as the graduating classes. Correct?
A game of how quickly will the newby adjust to faster and harder hitting for 4 quarters.

Experience vs. Newby
Ed - Medina
Springfield - Marysville
PC - UA

Medina has had all the schedule of Ed, no adjustment needed other than play-off pressure. I think they break through.
Marysville hasn't had a game against a true state competitive D1. Much like the first series against Whitmer (at best a better D2) they will have to adjust once they get a feel for what they're up against. Whitmer's opening play opened some eyes. Springfield brings several years experience against top state competition. Recent history shows, win or lose it's not by alot so nothing to be made of an unusually close Findlay game. I'm leaning Springfield.
UA has not played a particularly strong schedule. This group was 1-4 last year and 6-4 the year before. They're in the same boat as Marysville.
PC has play-off experienced coaching and talent. Leaning PC

Medina - Springfield, PC - LW

Springfield - PC

PC

Bet exactly opposite that and you will probably win a lot of money.

Last edited:
If I had the power to rearrange all this? Games I would like to see?
Marysville - UA on a dirt field. A little muddy as a bonus.
Moeller - Ed
Springfield - LW put this one on the track.
Medina - PC

Just FYI: it will be R2 V R1 & R3 V R4 for Semi Finals. So Lakota would not play an R2 team unless R2 beats R1 & Lakota makes it to state final
false, the matchups are not set until the regional finals sites are finalized. we will likely get R2 vs R4

The 2000 UA team had a better overall D-fense than this years team, Better rushing attack (Backes was a game changer on both sides of the ball), better O-line, Better D-line. This years team has great balance and much better passing attack then the 2000 team. The Rushing attack with Greesock (who is as good a back as any team left) A solid QB in Monin, Two receivers that can break it any time Cannon & Mazzeferi. Defensivley they have studs at every level and are more of a a bend don't break D Vs the 2000 teams whos D-Line with Frazier/Schaefer and Lisis would pin their ears back and get after the QB. This years Team can play with anybody. If they get up a couple scores you better have an offense that can play in a shoot out cause this team can bust a big one though the air or on the ground on any given play.

C
false, the matchups are not set until the regional finals sites are finalized. we will likely get R2 vs R4
Correct. Geography plays a big part. SHS is considered SW Ohio so they will be scheduled against R4. Marysville probably would be too. But, if a Toledo area team won R2, they'd probably be put against R1.

The 2000 UA team had a better overall D-fense than this years team, Better rushing attack (Backes was a game changer on both sides of the ball), better O-line, Better D-line. This years team has great balance and much better passing attack then the 2000 team. The Rushing attack with Greesock (who is as good a back as any team left) A solid QB in Monin, Two receivers that can break it any time Cannon & Mazzeferi. Defensivley they have studs at every level and are more of a a bend don't break D Vs the 2000 teams whos D-Line with Frazier/Schaefer and Lisis would pin their ears back and get after the QB. This years Team can play with anybody. If they get up a couple scores you better have an offense that can play in a shoot out cause this team can bust a big one though the air or on the ground on any given play.
What's your prediction for Friday vs. PC?

Like I said UA can score in a hurry and in bunches through the air and on the ground. If PC can do the same I say it is a shoot out, if they cant then UA wins this one. FWIW my above post is not knocking this years team they are very special. But the 2000 team had 11 kids go on to play D1 at the next level.

Just FYI: it will be R2 V R1 & R3 V R4 for Semi Finals. So Lakota would not play an R2 team unless R2 beats R1 & Lakota makes it to state final
Is that set in stone? I’ve seen the state change matchups based on who comes out of each region. I have a hard time believing they wouldn’t match up Lakota West and Springfield if they were left standing