Supposed to be a neutral site

cheaptilt

Unbelievable tonight during the edgewood piqua game the announcer and music guy played the defense on the screen and every third down the played the bells and let’s go defense every third down piqua was in defense.

Another “neutral site” issue I have is Perry from Lake County always gets shafted with playoff locations. It seems like they get screwed over with these neutral site games. Their game with west branch is over 90mins away for them and only around 30mins for West Branch. They have been screwed over with the neutral site games quite a few times over the past 5 years or so

Another “neutral site” issue I have is Perry from Lake County always gets shafted with playoff locations. It seems like they get screwed over with these neutral site games. Their game with west branch is over 90mins away for them and only around 30mins for West Branch. They have been screwed over with the neutral site games quite a few times over the past 5 years or so
This is more due to lack of suitable locations truly halfway and this year in particular venues willing to host.

Unbelievable tonight during the edgewood piqua game the announcer and music guy played the defense on the screen and every third down the played the bells and let’s go defense every third down piqua was in defense.
Weird. I guess Piqua was the home team, but they don’t get to bring their press box crew…

So the music being played caused 3 turnovers?
No knucklehead if you look at my post you will see I had an issue when we were winning. The idea of a neutral site is that the pa announcer and music is unbiased. I would have had an issue if it was the other way or had Edgewood won. Turnovers cost Edgewood the game and Piqua did enough to win so hats off to them. Best of luck next week.

If it means anything to you, it annoyed a lot of the Piqua fans also. Not to mention the announcer mispronouncing our kids names.

Only when you lose
Check the time stamp it was was before the final turnover and when Edgewood was running the ball well. Our two home games we were told that we were not to play something on third down unless it was for both team and the defense chant and display on the scoreboard was a bit much. Didn’t cost edge the game turnovers did but it is unacceptable to do it this far into playoffs.

No knucklehead if you look at my post you will see I had an issue when we were winning. The idea of a neutral site is that the pa announcer and music is unbiased. I would have had an issue if it was the other way or had Edgewood won. Turnovers cost Edgewood the game and Piqua did enough to win so hats off to them. Best of luck next week.
That's hilarious.

This does bring up a different topic.

Buddy of mine has been in radio for decades and now just does PA.. said for years is you either meet with someone or at least Get the phonetic pronunciation at the players.

Take some pride in what you are doing.

Also those who do play by play as the PA guy. Stop. Please.

Buddy of mine has been in radio for decades and now just does PA.. said for years is you either meet with someone or at least Get the phonetic pronunciation at the players.

This was my 2nd year of PA duties for home football games. I have also done PA duties for soccer. Our AD sends me and others the opposing schools football rosters just before the season starts. At the beginning of each week we have a home game, I will scan through the roster 2-3 times and pick out a few that I may not be sure about. I then email the opposing school and ASK the AD for the proper pronunciation. I feel they at least deserve that much.

It is really clear when PA announcers don't do this because they mispronounce names really badly.

I love the last line of this post. P.A. announcers are like colonoscopies. The best possible result of them is finding out you did not need one in the first place.

Cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it!

Did PA for our HS basketball team for a few years.. this is exactly what I did every game.

Do it right or don't do it all. It should be best practice anyway