DII R8 No. 7 Winton Woods (9-3) vs. No. 6 La Salle (7-5)

Who advances to R8 final?

• Total voters
Wasn’t there like 4 minutes left in the game ?
Actually it was just about at the end of the game they had a kicker who was kicking 40 to 50 yard field goals before the game and it was obvious he was on his game but they chose not to use him La Salle just ran out the clock after that

The gods were looking down on the lancers. Edgewood could’ve easily made a field goal instead of going forward on fourth and four and that would’ve put sn end into the third state championship attempt
Actually it was just about at the end of the game they had a kicker who was kicking 40 to 50 yard field goals before the game and it was obvious he was on his game but they chose not to use him La Salle just ran out the clock after that
Edgewood came up with a Lancer fumble three plays later and drove to the La Salle 27, but gave the ball up on downs with 4:22 left. The Lancers (9-2) then notched a pair of first downs to run out the clock.

edgewood played their butts off

The gods were looking down on the lancers. Edgewood could’ve easily made a field goal instead of going forward on fourth and four and that would’ve put sn end into the third state championship attempt
Yeah, the Edgewood kids should have gotten a nice thank you card that year because it kind of woke LS up. After seeing Hilvert make the change at QB in the state final that year to beat Perry, I wondered if he should have done the same against Edgewood. Oh well, it worked out.

Edgewood came up with a Lancer fumble three plays later and drove to the La Salle 27, but gave the ball up on downs with 4:22 left. The Lancers (9-2) then notched a pair of first downs to run out the clock.

edgewood played their butts off
Oh well sometimes that memory thing gets a little fuzzy .....

ALERT! .... OLD SCHOOL SLOBBER KNOCKER TONIGHT.

Well most of y'all wanted this game and now ya got it.
I'm very proud of WW players and coaches for working through it all this season to get to this game.
Many teams just fold when they hit some tough times but the Warriors kept developing and here they are.
Speaks well to the Senior leadership and coaches.

I really can't wait to see WW O-Line vs Lancers D-line early in the game.
In the first matchup this year LaSalle exposed some issues up front.
Both teams have evolved as this season went on but I have watched this group come along and WW big guys are gettin after it.
Who is gonna execute in key moments tonight?....we will see.

Go Warriors!

If WW does not turn the ball over they win.
Week two was closer than the 21-7 score with both teams getting a little over 300 yards of Offence, first downs and time of possession was about even as well. LaSalle's kicking game has a big advantage though so in a close game it will come into play.

I like WW28 LaSalle 20.

I really see this as a one-score game either way, but I keep coming back to Winton Woods needing overtime to beat Loveland three weeks ago. Hard to imagine that and then Woods mugging Kings two weeks later.

People keep saying that the score was closer than it was the first time it was played, but Lasalle should have had 3 touchdowns but they settled for field goals in the red zone. It should have been a 38-7 game. Lasalle is battle-tested and I have the Lancers 35-14 in this game. Lasalle will dominate the ground and I know the Lancer defense will be ready for Spikes as they were the first time.

People keep saying that the score was closer than it was the first time it was played, but Lasalle should have had 3 touchdowns but they settled for field goals in the red zone. It should have been a 38-7 game. Lasalle is battle-tested and I have the Lancers 35-14 in this game. Lasalle will dominate the ground and I know the Lancer defense will be ready for Spikes as they were the first time.
How do they get 35 points this evening? They didn't score an offensive touchdown Week 2. The lone TD they did score was on defense where a kid ran the wrong route and should've been nowhere in vicinity and what do you know it bounces off the kids helmet into the lap of the linebacker. This play was merely a sign of kids still trying to figure out where they need to be in this new offensive system. I like our defense better than I like your offense @ this point with the running quarterback vs 1 of the better defensive coordinators in the game. We muffed a punt & stalled out a few drives as well as threw an int late in game. I was expecting Lasalle to beat us pretty bad because we hadn't figured out what our identity was but watching the game I sd there wasn't a huge gap & these teams would meet again down the rd and we're here now. It comes down to who is healthy and who can exploit the match ups. I sd it before if WW can get to that young secondary we should control the game

Dude, that Warrior fellow is going to fly apart when he sees this. ?

That said: I hope you’re right about the defense. I know Spikes is no Drew Ramsey, but I hope they’re better prepared than they were Week 10 and then Week 11 for that running game.

So would Winton Woods be the home team tonight since they're higher on the bracket? I think that's how it's been done rather than going to the higher seed.

I’m ready! I’m tired of people posting about TD’s getting called back and the game wouldn’t have been that close, IF… Much respect to Lasalle and their football program! But it’s about time to strap it on!!!

GO WARRIORS!!!

I’m ready! I’m tired of people posting about TD’s getting called back and the game wouldn’t have been that close, IF… Much respect to Lasalle and their football program! But it’s about time to strap it on!!!

GO WARRIORS!!!

Respect back at you. This is not to say whoever wins tonight won't go get beat next week, but Winton Woods is La Salle's ONLY peer in R8 the past seven years and vice versa. Whether it is the regional semis or the regional finals, or whether each team is down this year, it's only right the regional championship goes through these programs. This game should happen every year.

Good luck to the Warriors, but Go Lancers!

WW I always thought had the best talent in the ECC from top to bottom and they showed that the last few games of the year
WW really played well the last two playoff games with Turpin and Kings
WW has just as much talent as Lasalle if not more in certain positions.
WW has from the start a defense that most of us WW posters knew would keep us in games and would be the glue to this team
None of these are the issues, None of these are concerns.

Our achilles heal has been the penalties and undisciplined football at times IMO. We have greatly improved in both of those aspects the last few games.
If we are able to continue our play over the last couple of games and limit our BIG penalties and mistakes, and run the ball well, we'll show that we are the top team tonight, with all due respect.

Go Warriors

GO WARRIORS!!!
You use strap on’s? Says a lot about you, not that there’s anything wrong with that

WW I always thought had the best talent in the ECC from top to bottom and they showed that the last few games of the year
WW really played well the last two playoff games with Turpin and Kings
WW has just as much talent as Lasalle if not more in certain positions.
WW has from the start a defense that most of us WW posters knew would keep us in games and would be the glue to this team
None of these are the issues, None of these are concerns.

Our achilles heal has been the penalties and undisciplined football at times IMO. We have greatly improved in both of those aspects the last few games.
If we are able to continue our play over the last couple of games and limit our BIG penalties and mistakes, and run the ball well, we'll show that we are the top team tonight, with all due respect.

Go Warriors
Although we make our share of penalties, I have seen a cut up of the penalties and many of the so called penalties! It’s not as bad as everyone thinks it is, as far as WW concerned.

Respect back at you. This is not to say whoever wins tonight won't go get beat next week, but Winton Woods is La Salle's ONLY peer in R8 the past seven years and vice versa. Whether it is the regional semis or the regional finals, or whether each team is down this year, it's only right the regional championship goes through these programs. This game should happen every year.

Good luck to the Warriors, but Go Lancers!
This post right here.
That’s right Mickey

Although we make our share of penalties, I have seen a cut up of the penalties and many of the so called penalties! It’s not as bad as everyone thinks it is, as far as WW concerned.
This team is a breath of fresh air when it comes to boneheaded penalties.
Remember all the stupid penalties in past years?
A TON.
This team makes some stupid penalties yes... but not like in the past IMO.
Let's GO Warriors!

WW dominates 1st drive for a quick 7-0 lead.
Ran it right at em.

LaSalle needs to answer and runs KO back for TD.
This is gonna be one for the ages lol.

Penalties hurting us already, running into kicker
After TD, slamming ball down giving lasalle possible good field position.
We’re playing well, just be more discipline

WW players and coaches MUST realize how the refs are calling these unsportsmanlike penalties against WW. Just walk away. Lasalle is initiating just about every play