DII R8 No. 7 Winton Woods (9-3) vs. No. 6 La Salle (7-5)

Who advances to R8 final?

• Total voters
Im going to take the Lancers 27-10 in this game. The Lancer defense did very well with the Warriors the first time, I think they do it again.

The Team that completes the most Passes will Win this one. I think that will be WW. LaSalle has no Passing game at all. Can’t really blame them either from the throws I saw last night.
I said this at beginning of year, Lasalle has zero QB. Hard to win like that. No matter what happens this is the end of the road for both teams after this game.

Obviously the guy doesn't understand football like that. WW has figured it out tht we're a run 1st team but because we started passing & continue to pass in practice it will help us this week vs a team who is playing young kids in the secondary. Lasalle can't prepare for WW the same way they did week 2 because they're playing younger kids. #2 Lawson had 1 of best games vs that secondary. Lasalle won't be able to pass vs WW secondary which will make them 1 dimensional but Lasalle knows how to run the ball play ball possession and will rotate those interior lineman to keep them fresh so they can double team those defensive tackles which wears them out. It is key for WW to win 1st down, if this kid struggles passing like I'm reading WW will load the box on 1st downs to force Lasalle to play behind the chains. That would be my
Im going to take the Lancers 27-10 in this game. The Lancer defense did very well with the Warriors the first time, I think they do it again.
Guess we will see! It was said before but that week 2 team was trying to figure things out.

Lasalle offensive line and the depth they have really worries me. Last yr I watched them use that depth and it wore us out inside as the double team our 2 Dts w fresh bodies all night. Being that they want to establish the run have to figure they will use the same gameplan as last yr.

I might conjure up that La Salle may well have been in the same situation WW was early in the year trying to find their team and in the last couple of weeks that O and D Seem to have found their stride just like WW so it should be an interesting game to see which team has progressed the most

I would venture to say La Salle will pound the ground all night trying to keep the ball away from WW. WW may try to do the same thing back.

Lasalle offensive line and the depth they have really worries me. Last yr I watched them use that depth and it wore us out inside as the double team our 2 Dts w fresh bodies all night. Being that they want to establish the run have to figure they will use the same gameplan as last yr.
Yes, and I feel this is completely different than Week 2. That week, Mattingly was QB and Cope is more Branam-like in his skill set. Of course, he certainly isn't Branam, but Winton Woods will have a different kind of offense to go against than earlier in the year, save for a couple of possessions in the fourth quarter.

I might conjure up that La Salle may well have been in the same situation WW was early in the year trying to find their team and in the last couple of weeks that O and D Seem to have found their stride just like WW so it should be an interesting game to see which team has progressed the most

I would venture to say La Salle will pound the ground all night trying to keep the ball away from WW. WW may try to do the same thing back.
Yes. Keep up everything they did against Anderson.

They are now on both the ECC and GCLS websites, but now scoring summary and many of our players are incorrectly IDed, I'd assume because we keep changing our QB's number. :LOL:
Mickey I'm watching film & I'm saying these #s aren't matching up lol. #32 was a linebacker who had pick 6 but the announcer that game kept calling him another kid that I know. The kid I know is now wearing 32. I thought cope was #9 I see he has changed his #.

Mickey I'm watching film & I'm saying these #s aren't matching up lol. #32 was a linebacker who had pick 6 but the announcer that game kept calling him another kid that I know. The kid I know is now wearing 32. I thought cope was #9 I see he has changed his #.
Yeah, it's a damn mess. Cope has worn 12, 9 and 13 this year I think. The freshman is wearing 44 now and wore 42 against Harrison and Elder. They mis-IDed him all night Friday, but who can blame them?

Saw some film on Lasalle’s O-Line is looked very good later on in the s season and the different QB can run the ball. It’s going to be another tough game.

Saw some film on Lasalle’s O-Line is looked very good later on in the s season and the different QB can run the ball. It’s going to be another tough game.
They struggled mightily earlier in the season, but I think it was a product of just having the wrong kid under center and the whole offense just being blah. They’ve looked really good from Week 9 on.

They struggled mightily earlier in the season, but I think it was a product of just having the wrong kid under center and the whole offense just being blah. They’ve looked really good from Week 9 on.
WW strength is it's defense and we have a nice secondary that make plays. Cope is more of a runner if we can keep him behind the chains and limit him
gettimg 3rd & manageable opportunities. I would guess if he 3rd & manageable position they will use his legs as an extra weapon w read options, bootlegs, designed sprint outs etc.. We do this & like our chances. It's a copy cat league

WW strength is it's defense and we have a nice secondary that make plays. Cope is more of a runner if we can keep him behind the chains and limit him
gettimg 3rd & manageable opportunities. I would guess if he 3rd & manageable position they will use his legs as an extra weapon w read options, bootlegs, designed sprint outs etc.. We do this & like our chances. It's a copy cat league
Yes, Winton Woods will definitely need to do a good job containing Cope. Grant will be a back to contend with as well because he has really played well the past couple weeks and Hill is just a damn load to bring down when he gets the ball.

I thought about this. Although the situation may be similar, it's definitely not the same. WW came in with an entire new staff and new systems on offense and defense.

Last edited:
I said this at beginning of year, Lasalle has zero QB. Hard to win like that. No matter what happens this is the end of the road for both teams after this game.
Who in the world do you think will beat either one of these teams? Edgewood or Piqua have no quality wins and zero against a Div 1 teams. LaSalle and Winton Woods each have beat Div 1 teams.

Who in the world do you think will beat either one of these teams? Edgewood or Piqua have no quality wins and zero against a Div 1 teams. LaSalle and Winton Woods each have beat Div 1 teams.
Edgewood gave a much better La Salle team all it could handle five years ago. Most of that was the GCL champs and two-time defending state champs looking past another group of kids. But I think it shows it's not out of the realm of possibility. We really don't know what those teams have until we see them line up against Woods or La Salle.

Edgewood gave a much better La Salle team all it could handle five years ago. Most of that was the GCL champs and two-time defending state champs looking past another group of kids. But I think it shows it's not out of the realm of possibility. We really don't know what those teams have until we see them line up against Woods or La Salle.
5 years ago?! What about this year?

The gods were looking down on the lancers. Edgewood could’ve easily made a field goal instead of going forward on fourth and four and that would’ve put sn end into the third state championship attempt