Glenville Tarblooders vs. Ursuline Irish

Cinciirish

Tarblooders & Irish clash Nov. 12. Chardon was one of two common foes. The Hilltoppers topped the Irish 36-27 and beat the Tarblooders 28-14. VSAJ beat Ursuline handily while losing to Glenville. How do things look for next Friday? (This may be the 1st meeting for these two storied programs.)

Tarblooders & Irish clash Nov. 12. Chardon was one of two common foes. The Hilltoppers topped the Irish 36-27 and beat the Tarblooders 28-14. VSAJ beat Ursuline handily while losing to Glenville. How do things look for next Friday? (This may be the 1st meeting for these two storied programs.)
This will be the first playoff meeting between the two but they did play each other twice in the regular season, 1995 & 96, with Ursuline winning both. Those were Angle's last two years at Ursuline and just before Ted Ginn took over at Glenville.

Good luck to both teams.

GO IRISH!!

Both teams can light up the scoreboard. UHS's Shannon is a talented dual threat QB. RB is a patient, shifty, quick & strong back. 2 good WR's. Big tough OL. Question is UHS defense. Glenville is good, but don't know much about them. Always good skill, & big line from what I read. Looking forward to this game. Ravenna maybe?

This will be the first playoff meeting between the two but they did play each other twice in the regular season, 1995 & 96, with Ursuline winning both. Those were Angle's last two years at Ursuline and just before Ted Ginn took over at Glenville.

Good luck to both teams.

GO IRISH!!
1995- Ursuline 30, Glenville 16.
1996- Ursuline 50, Glenville 26.

Lots of offensive in previous meetings. This year's won't disappoint.

Wait until you see the size and speed of Glenville. VASJ beat Ursuline and the Tarblooders whip the hell out of the Vikings. The Ville goes 330 across the line and has speed and size everywhere. Not a typical D4 team.

Wait until you see the size and speed of Glenville. VASJ beat Ursuline and the Tarblooders whip the hell out of the Vikings. The Ville goes 330 across the line and has speed and size everywhere. Not a typical D4 team.
Seriously how did they lose 55-18 to Avon

I think if Glenville matches Ursuline’s speed/athleticism & explosive plays they should win this game by a couple TD’s. As for Ursuline, without a defense week 13 is about as far as you get

I think if Glenville matches Ursuline’s speed/athleticism & explosive plays they should win this game by a couple TD’s. As for Ursuline, without a defense week 13 is about as far as you get
Ursuline not being able to kick XP could play a big role as well. Depends on how sound the glenville secondary is tho

Avon's only two losses were to undefeated Medina and rival Avon Lake (where record doesn't count here), Now Glenville definitely laid an egg against them, but are looking to be running on all cylinders right now, but Ursuline offense looks really good at the right time of the year. I always root for the inner city team. Glenville 42-38 in a wild one.

Avon is a state championship caliber D2 team.
I understand that, but still getting blown out that bad. I figured maybe just something went wrong in that game for Glenville. Ursuline beat some really good D2 schools, and they are D4. Now hanging with Chardon, and blowing out VASJ, I'm impressed with Glenville

I understand that, but still getting blown out that bad. I figured maybe just something went wrong in that game for Glenville. Ursuline beat some really good D2 schools, and they are D4. Now hanging with Chardon, and blowing out VASJ, I'm impressed with Glenville
Remember Glenville had NO FOOTBALL last year. It took a bit to get up and running. The Chardon coach said Glenville gave them all they could handle in a 28-14 game. I'm curious to see the posts after the game.
Not only did Glenville lose badly to Avon, it was their 3rd consecutive loss. Those 3 games - 1 D1, 2 D2 schools all of which were road games against playoff teams after not playing ball the year before. (Also, Avon had just got smoked by Medina & was going for their coach's 200th win or something like that. ) Glenville is not one of those schools known for keeping a game close when the JVs get in.

If you want to check out a game that really shows who they are - look back 4-5 weeks ago when East Tech cancelled on them and they picked up trip to Rocky River and beat them in OT. The same Rocky River still playing in D3 playoffs.

This game is going to be a battle of a team that is all about the O and a team that loves to play D. SO excited to watch this.

Avon's only two losses were to undefeated Medina and rival Avon Lake (where record doesn't count here), Now Glenville definitely laid an egg against them, but are looking to be running on all cylinders right now, but Ursuline offense looks really good at the right time of the year. I always root for the inner city team. Glenville 42-38 in a wild one.
Ursuline is basically a inner city team too lmao

Thought it was supposed to be somewhat in the middle of the two schools... if anything you would think the higher seed might get a slight edge but just the opposite...Euclid???

And why did vasj beat ursuline so bad??? hello
on any given friday night!
Misunderstanding here. I already seen what VASJ did to Ursuline. I was interested what happened in the Avon Glenville game. That's all. Relax

Misunderstanding here. I already seen what VASJ did to Ursuline. I was interested what happened in the Avon Glenville game. That's all. Relax
Small glass of homemade wine and I'm good, Thanks! Avon well desiplined team and early in the year, just a bad night for glenville?