Division VI Region 22. Going to be a fun region this playoffs. Plenty of good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Bluestreaks would handily beat WR but doing some reading - early in the season WR was up 13-7 on Crestview before their good QB Jude Muenz went out for the game in the 2nd quarter with an injury. It sounds like Jude got healed up late in the season and is back.

WNDH 103.1FM will be in Columbus Grove, as will 1150AM WIMA, and WZOQ(Internet radio) on the radio side. WOSN will be there on the TV side with a Sunday 8pm replay.

First play of the second quarter sees Newman with a 9 yard touch pass to Krieger over the middle for the TD. Newman is 7/8 for 113 and 3 scores adding another 37 yards on 4 carries on the ground. 11:55 left in the second with Archbold up 21-0.

Another dominating night for Newman and the Bluestreaks. This one was really highlighted by the streaks offensive line - they were absolutely punishing. Numerous plays Newman had all day to make his read and throw a strike. 42-7 final.

Newman - 16/20 for 205 and 4 touchdowns. 9 carries for 107 and another TD.

I believe Tinora shot themselves in the foot. 1, maybe 2 fumbles along with 2 interceptions - 1 returned for a
I chuckled at this. Although they’re very good and I thought they would’ve beat Carey, their ego was much bigger. In their heads they also would’ve beaten last year’s Fairview team too.
Why all the hate on Tinora. My son is on this team and ego was not a problem. They had a great season. And not one time have I heard My son or any of his friends say they would have beat Fairview. I'm not sure what you're problem is. The kids worked hard, played hard . Don't You have anything better to do then bash on high school kids you know nothing about

Tinora has a great team, I never said anything about their lack of work ethic. I picked them to win easily over Carey (heck even my past posts have been about how impressive Tinora is). A Tinora-Archbold game regional final game would’ve been huge for NW Ohio. Turnovers hurt them last night unfortunately. Even Black Swamp mentioned they were hearing Tinora wanted a shot at Archbold…..one game at a time.

Looks like things went according to what most on here thought. I did say LC was my wildcard team in this group.

They knocked off Grove and now move onto a rematch with the Streaks. I have been told by some LC friends that they moved the ball up and down the field on the Streaks in the regular season loss but shot themselves in the foot...41-7 loss to Archbold.

I see it different this time, LC uses their punishing ground game and physical defense to get revenge on the Streaks, 21-17 Tigers. LC and Carey in the Regional Final.

Archbold by less than 34, but comfortably. I'm saying 2-3 TDs.

As of now they're calling decent weather Saturday, and the turf at Defiance will only help the Streaks.

i will give a quick rundown of the LC-Grove game. Two costly turnovers by Grove, simple as that. LC dominated in the first half and Grove did most of the second. The fumble by Metzger was the backbreaker along with a 30 yard penalty against Grove which allowed LC to score in the fourth to win the game. Grove did not take advantage of the slant pass which was completely wide open all night their offense was so predictable and LC played to it quite well, even shifted over one man on defense part of the time because Grove ran to the same side nearly every play. Give credit to the LC coaches on this win, they made the changes they needed to win. It was a good clean game with great sportsmanship on both sides. now for my prediction in this region Archbold and Carey for the championship with that game favoring the Blue Streaks but don't count Carey out, they are big and strong and Archbold has not faced a 260 lb running back

i will give a quick rundown of the LC-Grove game. Two costly turnovers by Grove, simple as that. LC dominated in the first half and Grove did most of the second. The fumble by Metzger was the backbreaker along with a 30 yard penalty against Grove which allowed LC to score in the fourth to win the game. Grove did not take advantage of the slant pass which was completely wide open all night their offense was so predictable and LC played to it quite well, even shifted over one man on defense part of the time because Grove ran to the same side nearly every play. Give credit to the LC coaches on this win, they made the changes they needed to win. It was a good clean game with great sportsmanship on both sides. now for my prediction in this region Archbold and Carey for the championship with that game favoring the Blue Streaks but don't count Carey out, they are big and strong and Archbold has not faced a 260 lb running back
holy crap!

Very hard fought, tough old-school battle. Game did not seem as close as the score ended up being. LC controlled the first half and was up 14-0. Grove took the opening kickoff to the house, then forced a 3 and out, a bad snap on the punt gave Grove the ball somewhere around the 20 and they scored a few plays later with LC breaking through and blocking the PAT to get back a little momentum. Turnovers: Grove tried a double move and the QB laid it up a little too high allowing the safety to run it down for a finger tip INT, #27 fumbled on a tough run up the middle. LC QB has a good fastball and after a couple drops off some cold fingertips in the first half LC did not attempt very many more the rest of the game. Grove tried some short, quick hitter passes that LC was able to sniff out. Radio guys said Grove was only giving up around 80 yards rushing and LC was able to grind out 220 rushing and 17 first downs while holding Grove to 100 yards rushing and 6 total first downs.
Verhoff was a non-factor outside of the one amazing punt in the 4th quarter: ball left his foot at the 20 and bounced at the other 20 then all the way to the 3 so 77 yards from foot to being downed.

i will give a quick rundown of the LC-Grove game. Two costly turnovers by Grove, simple as that. LC dominated in the first half and Grove did most of the second.
I understand the perception of this but it is a false statement. Grove dominated the first 4-5 minutes of the 3rd quarter then LC took back over. If Grove had 40 yards of offense the entire 2nd half I would be shocked.

There was no penalty on grove in the fourth to let LC score, they scored on a short field after grove fumbled. The 30 yard penalty was the beginning of the second quarter when Grove’s best lineman got ejected. They lost their best lineman on both sides of the ball and the penalty put LC in the grove red zone to go up 14-0.

An incredibly costly unsportsmanlike conduct and 2 turnovers cost Grove the game, along with some stupid false start or illegal formation penalties to kill any momentum they had

I understand the perception of this but it is a false statement. Grove dominated the first 4-5 minutes of the 3rd quarter then LC took back over. If Grove had 40 yards of offense the entire 2nd half I would be shocked.
Grove outscored LC 13-7 in the second half, LC only had to go 30 yards for their one score of the half after a Grove fumble. Half of LC’s offensive yards in the second half came from a nearly busted trap after Verhoff pinned them at the 3. Nearly all of groves Offensive yards were in the second half (still not many). Turnovers and one extremely stupid penalty were the deciding factors in the game

That kid from Grove got emotional. Costly mistake. It happens to the best of them. Heck even BIG grown men get emotional. These are kids however. He’s gonna get eaten up like a fish sandwich from the Antwerp concession stand from the local sports personalities this week. And I’m sure it would warrant an un-sportsman like conduct flag. ?

That kid from Grove got emotional. Costly mistake. It happens to the best of them. Heck even BIG grown men get emotional. These are kids however. He’s gonna get eaten up like a fish sandwich from the Antwerp concession stand from the local sports personalities this week. And I’m sure it would warrant an un-sportsman like conduct flag. ?
It’s a shame that it happened, he’s one of the best linemen that Grove has had probably ever and had a great career. I feel terrible for the kid that one stupid mistake cost him his last game like that

Well,Well, Well someone asked me if I heard the Black Swamp Football Podcast this week. I listened and I laughed. Now I know why Alvarado was mentally tougher. He was less emotional.
The great thing about this country is everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But some people live in the nostalgia of the past.
Its like when a story starts out simple and the guy was 6' 200 lbs. athletic built and by the time it gets around and you get hit in the head to many times your memory get blurred he's 6'6" 275lbs of chissled muscle and runs a 4.3 40. But you honestly believe this illusion because its how you remeber it. I dont fault anyone for what they believe but pull the STATS! Stats dont lie! And I dont care about League voting and Mr. Football voting because thats all opinionated. Becuase if not theres no way the best NWOAL football player could be 2nd team QB their Senior year right?
Who’s this in reference to???

It’s a shame that it happened, he’s one of the best linemen that Grove has had probably ever and had a great career. I feel terrible for the kid that one stupid mistake cost him his last game like that
Man I couldn’t agree more. There’s so much smack talk on the field and it’s always the second guy that gets caught. For anyone who’s ever played the game, you feel for that young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.