New Philadelphia at Hubbard Week 11

No disrespect towards anyone, but Canfield’s Q isn’t very similar to Poland’s. Fulton is a hard runner, not much of a thrower. Lowry is a speed dual threat, who may be the best passer in the area.
I thought Fulton threw a decent ball. Obviously Lowry is more polished. Is Lowry better than Brungard?

I thought Fulton threw a decent ball. Obviously Lowry is more polished. Is Lowry better than Brungard?
All 3 very good QB’s. Only saw Lowry on TV, but appears very good both as a runner and passer. Brungard is a tough QB. Fulton good runner. Total homer comment but Skripak from SR should be in the same conversation. All nice players and not sure I have a favorite.

All 3 very good QB’s. Only saw Lowry on TV, but appears very good both as a runner and passer. Brungard is a tough QB. Fulton good runner. Total homer comment but Skripak from SR should be in the same conversation. All nice players and not sure I have a favorite.
Agreed. Skripak is a stud as well.

I thought Lowry carried the week one win on his shoulders. Brungard is a great player and will find time at YSU. Even as a special teams guy low end and good QB top end. Tough as nails. The Poland QB is a fine player, but glad our QB is a junior for SR.

Agreed. Skripak is a stud as well.
As an aside I think Billy pitched on the little league baseball team for Canfield that lost in the game before the little league world series to the team from Chicago that cheated. He is one of those kids that is just a pure athlete.

In my opinion I would rank the area QBs in this order overall
Brungard
Lowry
Skirpac
Sherwood
Fulton

Brungard
Lowry
Skirpac
Sherwood
Fulton
Very interesting. Just based on the highlights I thought the Harding QB looked good. Surprised you entered the Fitch QB before the Harding QB. They play divisions above what I watch but surprised from the highlights.

Very interesting. Just based on the highlights I thought the Harding QB looked good. Surprised you entered the Fitch QB before the Harding QB. They play divisions above what I watch but surprised from the highlights.
I haven't seen much of the Harding QB unfortunately. I did see Sherwood play against Canfield, Boardman and Massillon.

As an aside I think Billy pitched on the little league baseball team for Canfield that lost in the game before the little league world series to the team from Chicago that cheated. He is one of those kids that is just a pure athlete.
Funny how times change. 20 years ago he gets college money as a QB. But now, especially with recent local baseball, his big time scholarships are likely baseball.

only bet the girard guy because his team was still playing bum. when your team is sitting at home you lose the privilege to bet. i bet you bum cigs from your co workers as well. and we dont know sh1t. the eagles will go to canfield expecting to win. thats the difference between struthers & us. your happy being mediocre
Yeah that’s what I thought loser lol. Will you guarantee a Hubbard Victory right now!???

Last edited:
Funny how times change. 20 years ago he gets college money as a QB. But now, especially with recent local baseball, his big time scholarships are likely baseball.
Yes he is an excellent baseball player by all accounts. He could be the next Bo Jackson haha. In all seriousness do you think he has a better chance of being a major leaguer or a pro football player? I think he might one day make it to at least AA or AAA.

The Canfield quarterback has an offer from Iowa State for a reason. he is very good and he plays defense. Makes plays. Throwback type of kid. The smith kid at backer is very good too. Canfield got a bunch of guys all over the field. Going to be a very tough out for anyone in region 9. IF somehow Hubbard were to win against Canfield… Hubbard might be the favorite against anyone but Chardon but yeah. Seemed like the NP Quaker’s just got worn down in the second half tonight. That’s what a good line will do.

I haven't seen much of the Harding QB unfortunately. I did see Sherwood play against Canfield, Boardman and Massillon.
Shame is, they were playing for the rights to get Hoban. Hope the YTown teams advance but Hoban is tough.
Yes he is an excellent baseball player by all accounts. He could be the next Bo Jackson haha. In all seriousness do you think he has a better chance of being a major leaguer or a pro football player? I think he might one day make it to at least AA or AAA.
I was just saying that this area used to crank out D1 football players. The valley doesn’t do that like it used to. More baseball lately. Last year SR sent 2 kids to Ohio State baseball. Unheard of 20 years ago.

The Canfield quarterback has an offer from Iowa State for a reason. he is very good and he plays defense. Makes plays. Throwback type of kid. The smith kid at backer is very good too. Canfield got a bunch of guys all over the field. Going to be a very tough out for anyone in region 9. IF somehow Hubbard were to win against Canfield… Hubbard might be the favorite against anyone but Chardon but yeah. Seemed like the NP Quaker’s just got worn down in the second half tonight. That’s what a good line will do.
Philly has nothing to be ashamed of. Thought this might be a beat down. Congrats to both teams

I was just saying that this area used to crank out D1 football players. The valley doesn’t do that like it used to. More baseball lately. Last year SR sent 2 kids to Ohio State baseball. Unheard of 20 years ago.
Canfield also had a kid commit to play baseball for Ohio State recently. If I am not mistaken a lot of the South Range and Canfield kids are often teammates in little league because you guys don't sponsor an official little league baseball team or something like that. So they may be teammates again in college.

Brungard
Lowry
Skirpac
Sherwood
Fulton
Interesting. I would bet WGH QB has the strongest arm in the area. I watched him throw a 60 to 65 yard pass in the air for aTD. He has a cannon. He is just a little inconsistent on a few things

Interesting. I would bet WGH QB has the strongest arm in the area. I watched him throw a 60 to 65 yard pass in the air for aTD. He has a cannon. He is just a little inconsistent on a few things
I apologize I never really saw him play. I have seen Lowry throw from around midfield into the endzone but not in a game, so he can definitely throw it pretty far as well.
But I will see about watching a replay of a Harding game to see how he compares to the others.

I apologize I never really saw him play. I have seen Lowry throw from around midfield into the endzone but not in a game, so he can definitely throw it pretty far as well.
But I will see about watching a replay of a Harding game to see how he compares to the others.
I'm not saying the WGH QB is the best, just might feel he has the strongest arm. The inconsistency is a weakness a lot of times he doesn't get his feet set and follow through properly, but when he does, he has a rifle.

Last edited:
That NP fumble inside Hubbard's 5 midway through the third when it was 10-7 was a game changer. Next thing you know it's 32-7 a minute into the 4th. Hubbard gonna need to open it up a little like they did in the second half if they're gonna compete with Canfield or its gonna be a repeat of the South Range game.