New Philadelphia at Hubbard Week 11

Can we get back to the game?
I got ahold of the Steubenville film last night, they gashed NP between the tackles for most of the night, they did hit pretty well, 34 seemed to be one of their better tacklers.

the NP offense was effective when they ran slants and the quick stuff.

I’m sure the NP defense got better and Steubenville did have a really good WR interesting to see if NP brings that safety in the box to stop the run. Do they completely sell out to slow it down, or do they start basic. 22 isn’t the type of back that you can let get going early or he’s gonna have 300

How is calling him a fine student-athlete taking shots at him?
You cannot question anything any of these Hubbard people say or they will get their panties in a bunch. You cannot ever pick against hubbard ever. But if you do one of those two things they will cry on cue. Sometimes it is actually fun.

When I say “any” exclude sportster and Roberto and soaring eagle

It amazes me that certain posters come on this thread and take shots at a HS student. It's sad that having an obsessive dislike for Hubbard while trying to mask it like you're objective when it is easily detected that you are using a subjective narrative/agenda.

A few examples.
1. It was said that TC doesn't have enough speed and I posted he ran a 10.9 100 meter in track and a poster replys that it was hand timed. So what I think he finished 6th as a junior at the district which means he's pretty fast.
2.TC gets an offer from Kentucky and the we get deranged comments that it might be non-comittable like someone really knows outside of TC and UK. Has there ever been another athlete on a Yappi thread that was this scutinized on the status of his scholarship offer ?
3. It's posted that TC has a 4.0 GPA and some wondered why the ivy league hasn't offered. Then we get ridiculous replys about his tests scores. IF a players last name was Chang,Nguyen or Goldberg would someone ask what his test scores are ?

I rarely or never post on a thread of another school except Hubbard (I do read others)and I don't care if you do or not after all it's called a forum but don't act like you're being objective when all you care to do is post your garbage agenda. Did some of you have a intimate partner from Hubbard that dumped you? I'm sure there are some really good therapists in the valley.

TC is the leading rusher in the state of Ohio and 3rd in the nation with 267 yard average per game. You can chime in like an idiot and say the competition isn't that good and I would respond who else is putting up those numbers against similar competition. NO ONE.
He will have several more D1 offers before signing day and I hope he stays home and selects YSU .

Just to note Hubbard might have put more D1 running back than any other school in the last 20 years and TC is just the latest.

Anthony Smith - Syracuse/NFL although he was a safety.
L.J. Scott - MSU.
Shaun Lane - OSU. ended up as a special team star.
George Hill - Pitt . Illness ended his career.
Andre Givens - Bowling green.
Track speed and football speed are two different things. (And that time was challenged by Jaws I believe) A wise man once told me that football gets heavy. You seldom run in a straight line on a football field. Regardless what his “track time” was, I’ve seen the better teams catch him. Defenders only get faster at the next level. The proof is in the number of offers he’s not getting. No doubt he’s a bullish tackle breaking running back, Many of his longer runs are more due they just can’t tackle the beast when the catch him. He’s also got one of the biggest strongest lines in the area blowing open huge holes. Don’t let stats against lesser opponents blind you. As to all your D-1 backs out of Hubbard. Who coached those kids to be born superior athletes with great speed and natural ability?? Hubbard was fortunate to have those kids. Had the coaching been so superior, Hubbard may have won at least a regional title. Unfortunately they haven’t and the first people to be blamed by the Hubbard faithful is the coaching staff. So which is it. A great staff or great natural athletic ability. I’d say the latter.

Last edited:
Lol makes for good entertainment. But I'd really like to get a perspective on NP from one of their fans. Injuries, discipline, ect.
I am in NO way a Phila fan but I can offer this,no injuries noted during the Dover game. 2 solid back both more speed than power. QB,they use 2 one is a sophomore that has a nice arm,the other is a junior neither is spectacular or bad.
#5 is a beast for them not big physically but he is one tough son of a gun on the defensive side I saw him get pancaked twice but he still made the tackle by sticking his arm out and grabbing an ankle. Discipline was a problem as far as unsportsmanlike and late hits but they seemed to have fixed that in week 9,they had just 1 penalty against Dover for encouragement.
Johnson has done a nice job and Dennison had a lot of good things going that they have retained. They will have a better team next year.

Track speed and football speed are two different things. (And that time was challenged by Jaws I believe) A wise man once told me that football gets heavy. You seldom run in a straight line on a football field. Regardless what his “track time” was, I’ve seen the better teams catch him. Defenders only get faster at the next level. The proof is in the number of offers he’s not getting. No doubt he’s a bullish tackle breaking running back, He’s also got one of the biggest strongest lines in the area blowing open huge holes. Don’t let stats against lesser opponents blind you. As to all you D-1 backs out of Hubbard. Who coached those kids to be born superior athletes with great speed and natural ability?? Hubbard was fortunate to have those kids. Had the coaching been so superior, Hubbard may have won at least a regional title. Unfortunately they haven’t and the first people to be blamed by the Hubbard faithful is the coaching staff. So which is it. A great staff or great natural athletic ability. I’d say the latter.
I don’t think anyone can say that the kid is not a complete stud because he is. But is he a power five type stud? That is yet to be seen.

Based off of everything I have seen to this point, I would say Caffey is an exceptional athlete, but he is not quite a power five guy. I think he would be most successful in the MAC or for a I-AA team like YSU or even in the Ivy League if he has the test scores. This is not a slight against him, he is absolutely a phenomenal player, I just don't think he would be successful playing in the Big Ten, SEC, Pac-12, ACC, or Big 12 (or playing for Notre Dame).
I think he would be a good fit for some AAC or MAC schools, that is probably his ceiling.

You cannot question anything any of these Hubbard people say or they will get their panties in a bunch. You cannot ever pick against hubbard ever. But if you do one of those two things they will cry on cue. Sometimes it is actually fun.

When I say “any” exclude sportster and Roberto and soaring eagle
∆ Troll ∆

Your mama's calling you to come upstairs from the basement, your dinner is ready...?

Word around town today is Hubbard will not get any of the money from the playoff game Friday. "All revenue" will go to OHSAA. Is that actually true, if so, what a rip off.

It wouldn't surprise me if they try and take the concession stand revenue as well...lol!

One thing I will say about Caffey. He's a very hard worker. I don't know if anyone expected him to be the next great back at Hubbard when he was younger. To his credit he made sure of it. He's the strongest kid on the team, with a 350lb+ bench press. That's saying something considering some of the linemen Hubbard has this season. I actually think it's one of the more impressive transformations I've seen at the high school level. I don't know where he'll end up. I can guarantee wherever it is, they're getting one hell of a hard worker. Someone who doesn't take plays off and pays attention to detail. Anthony Smith was similar in this regard.

Last edited:
Word around town today is Hubbard will not get any of the money from the playoff game Friday. "All revenue" will go to OHSAA. Is that actually true, if so, what a rip off.

It wouldn't surprise me if they try and take the concession stand revenue as well...lol!
I seen tickets are now $10 for playoffs, I believe? All about that bottom dollar.

As for the team. Leave it all on the field Friday. You don't want to be walking into the locker room asking yourself "what if?". This will be the last home game, win or lose. If I'm a senior I'm looking to make it my best. Leave one last mark on your home turf.

I don’t think any schools get any, on concessions and maybe shirts and stuff like that. That’s why it’s absurd that ohsaa made 10 dollars a game because it’s a complete money grab for them.

It amazes me that certain posters come on this thread and take shots at a HS student. It's sad that having an obsessive dislike for Hubbard while trying to mask it like you're objective when it is easily detected that you are using a subjective narrative/agenda.

A few examples.
1. It was said that TC doesn't have enough speed and I posted he ran a 10.9 100 meter in track and a poster replys that it was hand timed. So what I think he finished 6th as a junior at the district which means he's pretty fast.
2.TC gets an offer from Kentucky and the we get deranged comments that it might be non-comittable like someone really knows outside of TC and UK. Has there ever been another athlete on a Yappi thread that was this scutinized on the status of his scholarship offer ?
3. It's posted that TC has a 4.0 GPA and some wondered why the ivy league hasn't offered. Then we get ridiculous replys about his tests scores. IF a players last name was Chang,Nguyen or Goldberg would someone ask what his test scores are ?

I rarely or never post on a thread of another school except Hubbard (I do read others)and I don't care if you do or not after all it's called a forum but don't act like you're being objective when all you care to do is post your garbage agenda. Did some of you have a intimate partner from Hubbard that dumped you? I'm sure there are some really good therapists in the valley.

TC is the leading rusher in the state of Ohio and 3rd in the nation with 267 yard average per game. You can chime in like an idiot and say the competition isn't that good and I would respond who else is putting up those numbers against similar competition. NO ONE.
He will have several more D1 offers before signing day and I hope he stays home and selects YSU .

Just to note Hubbard might have put more D1 running back than any other school in the last 20 years and TC is just the latest.

Anthony Smith - Syracuse/NFL although he was a safety.
L.J. Scott - MSU.
Shaun Lane - OSU. ended up as a special team star.
George Hill - Pitt . Illness ended his career.
Andre Givens - Bowling green.
I was the one that responded to you about track. All i did was state facts, not opinion. He is not elite level fast that many, many other RBs do. I also stated that Kentucky has offered 29 RBs in this cycle, again facts. I am not making statements on emotion, I am stating cold hard facts. He is very good and I am not disparaging him. He deserves to play at the next level. The problem is most people don't have a clue when it comes to recruiting and what it takes to play at the next level. Facts vs emotion.

I think Hubbard wins this one because of Caffey. They will be able to gash NP enough for the win.

I think Hubbard wins this one because of Caffey. They will be able to gash NP enough for the win.
I’m starting to lean that way. It could get chippy as well, NP plays hard nosed football like a lot of our area. 100 percent chance of rain will be huge for passing teams this week as well

I seen tickets are now $10 for playoffs, I believe? All about that bottom dollar.
From what I hearing around town is that Hubbard "could actually lose money" hosting a home game because they still have to pay for the stadium lights, ticket takers, and police for security.

What a rip off. They know what they're doing, I hope they fix it for next year if enough schools complain about it.

Last edited:
I am in NO way a Phila fan but I can offer this,no injuries noted during the Dover game. 2 solid back both more speed than power. QB,they use 2 one is a sophomore that has a nice arm,the other is a junior neither is spectacular or bad.
#5 is a beast for them not big physically but he is one tough son of a gun on the defensive side I saw him get pancaked twice but he still made the tackle by sticking his arm out and grabbing an ankle. Discipline was a problem as far as unsportsmanlike and late hits but they seemed to have fixed that in week 9,they had just 1 penalty against Dover for encouragement.
Johnson has done a nice job and Dennison had a lot of good things going that they have retained. They will have a better team next year.
Appreciate the input. Did they have some size in the trenches?

Hubbard has to prove them selves this weekend after last Friday, and they got smoked and had really no answer offensively last weekend. And yes ICBM the coaching staff has no imagination what so ever against better defensive teams and coaching staff unless they have wised up for this week... Coach Yeagley is one hell of a head coach for South Range along with his assistants!! South range was very fast to the ball.

Track speed and football speed are two different things. (And that time was challenged by Jaws I believe) A wise man once told me that football gets heavy. You seldom run in a straight line on a football field. Regardless what his “track time” was, I’ve seen the better teams catch him. Defenders only get faster at the next level. The proof is in the number of offers he’s not getting. No doubt he’s a bullish tackle breaking running back, Many of his longer runs are more due they just can’t tackle the beast when the catch him. He’s also got one of the biggest strongest lines in the area blowing open huge holes. Don’t let stats against lesser opponents blind you. As to all your D-1 backs out of Hubbard. Who coached those kids to be born superior athletes with great speed and natural ability?? Hubbard was fortunate to have those kids. Had the coaching been so superior, Hubbard may have won at least a regional title. Unfortunately they haven’t and the first people to be blamed by the Hubbard faithful is the coaching staff. So which is it. A great staff or great natural athletic ability. I’d say the latter.
May I send this post to Anthony Pegues and Anthony Stallworth, Farrell, PA? I'm sure they would be interested in your comments.