Lasalle Lancers 2021

What will the Lancers record be this year during the regular season?

• 10-0

• 9-1

• 8-2

• 7-3

• 6-4

• 5-5

Results are only viewable after voting.
LaSalle should roll through any of those teams. I would be stunned if they lost to Anderson or Kings. Piqua looks to be their toughest test.
Thanks for the confidence but they’re going nowhere if they play like they did the first half against Elder in any of the playoff games. That secondary is really suspect

LaSalle should roll through any of those teams. I would be stunned if they lost to Anderson or Kings. Piqua looks to be their toughest test.
Maybe. After seeing the nearly at-will passing of Cathedral all game and Elder in the first half, Anderson’s crazy offense makes me nervous.

Maybe. After seeing the nearly at-will passing of Cathedral all game and Elder in the first half, Anderson’s crazy offense makes me nervous.
Cathedral and Elder (especially Cathedral) are on a different level than Anderson. Anderson is putting up numbers against a weak schedule.

Cathedral and Elder (especially Cathedral) are on a different level than Anderson. Anderson is putting up numbers against a weak schedule.
That’s true. Especially Cathedral. And La Salle’s offense looked OK on four and a half drives last night.

gotta get past Harrison first. ?

I'm also mystified at the fact Elder only outgained La Salle 283-275.

This is why Fridays are the best football. La Salle never seemed like it was in the game until it was just like that. There were also three plays that really went Elder's way that very possibly could have turned the momentum: the muffed punt that immediately went out of bounds, the tipped pass that was just out of the reach of a La Salle defender in the first half and the tipped pass that the DE just couldn't bring in the fourth quarter. Both of those last two near turnovers would have ended scoring drives.

So with that in mind, let me praise the less-experienced Lancers team for really hanging in and having a chance to win at the end despite none of the bounces going their way. They could have stopped playing and they didn't.

Maybe this will convince the schedule makers to add a few easy games next year instead of putting this team thru the ringer every week for 10 straight weeks

What is the situation with Mason at QB?

Maybe this will convince the schedule makers to add a few easy games next year instead of putting this team thru the ringer every week for 10 straight weeks

What is the situation with Mason at QB?
That’s easier said than done. With the ECC and GMC going to nine-week league schedules, I’m not sure who is going to be willing and able.

It would be really nice if we could get local teams in that would actually bring fans to games and we could have a real Friday-night atmosphere at games more often. I wonder if Harrison or Edgewood from the SWOC would schedule La Salle. They have five league games. The CHL plays seven league games. Would Taylor come up the road and take a beating? Maybe Wyoming is up for the challenge.

When 16 teams make the playoffs, what’s the harm or risk? NKy programs are an option too. Another question is does La Salle get anything out of destroying a CHL or NKy team? Maybe just a better gate.

Could Edgewood and Harrison have a little chippiness to consider that ?
Schedule a CC or Highlands or Beechwood
Wyoming would have nothing to lose to schedule.
I don’t think Taylor is up for it. And what about Ross

Last edited:
Could Edgewood and Harrison have a little chippiness to consider that ?
Schedule a CC or Highlands or Beechwood
Wyoming would have nothing to lose to schedule.
I don’t think Taylor is up for it. And what about Ross

I would hope Harrison or Edgewood would consider it. Why be scared now that every good team will reach the playoffs? CC and Highlands are good options, but I think Beechwood is too small to compete. Ross is interesting, but I doubt they could compete. Wyoming would be a great addition to the schedule.

Are we expecting to roll through the region? Harrison most likely won't be close. Anderson kinda scared me because of their offense. Lasalle's schedule can help them here because they won't find anyone as hard as the teams they have played this year and will have plenty of experience. D2 just seems wide open.

Are we expecting to roll through the region? Harrison most likely won't be close. Anderson kinda scared me because of their offense. Lasalle's schedule can help them here because they won't find anyone as hard as the teams they have played this year and will have plenty of experience. D2 just seems wide open.
Not at all. Have to focus on Harrison first and then Anderson would be a tremendous challenge for what looks to be a young and inexperienced defense.

All of D2 is a hot mess. There isn't a region where I think any team has over a 60% chance of winning it. Massillon is probably highest with respect to their region, but is not a lock.

Just watched some Princeton vs Anderson film, Anderson's offense doesn't have a lot of talent but they execute at a very high level. But their defense is their downfall. I see the Lancers handling them easily.

Just watched some Princeton vs Anderson film, Anderson's offense doesn't have a lot of talent but they execute at a very high level. But their defense is their downfall. I see the Lancers handling them easily.
Again, let’s get by Harrison first. But I really haven’t seen La Salle execute offense at a high level, so I think Anderson will be a tough game.

Again, let’s get by Harrison first. But I really haven’t seen La Salle execute offense at a high level, so I think Anderson will be a tough game.
I agree with that take, but Harrison is not good, at all. No way Lasalle doesn't put up 40. Prediction is Lasalle 49 Harrison 3

I agree with that take, but Harrison is not good, at all. No way Lasalle doesn't put up 40. Prediction is Lasalle 49 Harrison 3
Hope you're right ... I think La Salle wins, but 40 points is quite an ask for this offense. That would be fun to watch at least once this year. Isn't funny, the best all-around game came in the Ville against Trinity?

Don’t really mean to be a naysayer but I think you’re putting way too much confidence in the O that has sputtered significantly over the last four games.

I think high 20s may be low 30s at best and Harrison although they may not be all that good still comes up at 10 to 17 points

I hope not. Lasalle has been hitting a certain Middle School hard!

You can report them to the OHSAA if you have evidence of illegally contacting middle schoolers. Now if these middle schoolers have voluntarily shadowed or attend Lasalle open house, then they are free to speak and "recruit" them.

I hope not. Lasalle has been hitting a certain Middle School hard!

What does the La Salle freshman class have to do with a middle school?

You can report them to the OHSAA if you have evidence of illegally contacting middle schoolers. Now if these middle schoolers have voluntarily shadowed or attend Lasalle open house, then they are free to speak and "recruit" them.

Agreed. And as far as I know, La Salle, Elder, X, Moeller, Badin, etc., are free to recruit whichever students they want to at whichever school they want to. And they should. Of course, they cannot and do not so so as a sports program.

It should be whatever. Which ever refers to a very specific item or thing I.e. Singular

whatever does not when using which ever we speak about something very specific and if you use whatever you come in anything at all. Singular or plural

I.e. whichever student. Versus
Whatever student or students

Whichever school would be correct or you could use whatever school and still be correct

Last edited:
Don’t really mean to be a naysayer but I think you’re putting way too much confidence in the O that has sputtered significantly over the last four games.

I think high 20s may be low 30s at best and Harrison although they may not be all that good still comes up at 10 to 17 points

High 20s/low 30s is my thinking as well.

By the way I do not think that I’ll be able to make the game but it will be online on La Salle website

I'm with Lancers on this one. La Salle goes over 40 in this game. MickeyMantle and TWILLKE are sand baggers.

Naw I’m no less a supporter of the scarlet and white than you are just a little more conservative

I would love to see 40+ under La Salle on the scoreboard Friday.

And if I was going to sandbag, I’d say I’d just like to see the Lancers keep it close and have a chance to win in the end.

Last edited:
Harrison's defense is unbelievably bad- if LaSalle doesn't put up 40+ I would be absolutely astonished.

Wow, yes, unbelievably bad was a great way to describe the Harrison defense. La Salle could have scored 70 if they wanted. But hey, the Wildcats held a lead on La Salle for the first time ever.

Again, the defense played better as the game wore on. Going to need to be even better next week.

Anderson is going to pick that Secondary apart. Watching the game and I understand Xenia wasn’t the best defensive team they played but Anderson is a smooth running machine. It’s going to take LS everything they have to stay up with that quarterback and his receiving corps. GO LANCERS