Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oakwood

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Waynesville

• Other

• Total voters
Then my advice is not to make predictions about teams you know nothing about. If indian Hill thinks they will roll over this Bulldog team then that's even better. MU has a couple of athletes too.
This not serious stuff it’s a anonymous HS board. People make silly predictions on here all the time. Just going on a hunch. Is MU your team?

Then my advice is not to make predictions about teams you know nothing about. If indian Hill thinks they will roll over this Bulldog team then that's even better. MU has a couple of athletes too.
IH had, arguably, the best player in the conference last year in ty thornton. he was hurt in the wyo game and has not been back. they have a nice RB. but last year was their year, should be a good game.

This not serious stuff it’s a anonymous HS board. People make silly predictions on here all the time. Just going on a hunch. Is MU your team?
You're correct but my point is research a little before making a prediction. There are plenty of resources out there. How can you have a hunch with no knowledge of Milton-Union? I just don't understand that. But ok.
I did attend Milton, I also attended UC. So, I'm aware of Indian Hill and the culture there, decent tradition.
You can check out the Dogs here...
www.pressprosmagazine.com
Is IH your team?

Last edited:
IH had, arguably, the best player in the conference last year in ty thornton. he was hurt in the wyo game and has not been back. they have a nice RB. but last year was their year, should be a good game.
Their RB is well known by the MU coaches. He's bigger than but not as fast as Northridge's Turpin.
Milton outscored their league opponents 306-36. This team is mostly Juniors.

this region has almost no intriguing matchups outside of Indian Hill vs Milton Union

Valley View could give Waverly a game
Many who follow Waverly and SEO high school football feel Valley View is the favorite in this game. The Tigers do.not have the physical and mental toughness of last year's squad that gave Massie all it wanted last year in the playoffs third round. Waverly still has a potent passing attack but miss the leadership of Haydn Shanks. It is as if Waverly has slept walked through their season.

Many who follow Waverly and SEO high school football feel Valley View is the favorite in this game. The Tigers do.not have the physical and mental toughness of last year's squad that gave Massie all it wanted last year in the playoffs third round. Waverly still has a potent passing attack but miss the leadership of Haydn Shanks. It is as if Waverly has slept walked through their season.
Valley View isn’t the same team that Waverly is used to seeing either. that’s why i think this will be close

Based on enrollment numbers,. Which OHSAA hasn't adjusted for, Milton is the 4th largest in this league.
I just went by joe eitel numbers which suggest MU played one league school that was DIV in 7-3 Northridge, a 1-9 DV school, two bad DVI schools and three DVII schools, one with a winning record. Just an observation, a win over Valley View as a feather in their cap however.

I just went by joe eitel numbers which suggest MU played one league school that was DIV in 7-3 Northridge, a 1-9 DV school, two bad DVI schools and three DVII schools, one with a winning record. Just an observation, a win over Valley View as a feather in their cap however.
Yeah, based on that, Milton probably stands little chance against the mighty Cincinnati schools. Our league is very weak, but so is Clinton Massie's league. Doesn't seem to stop them.

Yeah, based on that, Milton probably stands little chance against the mighty Cincinnati schools. Our league is very weak, but so is Clinton Massie's league. Doesn't seem to stop them.
I apologize. You seem to have misrepresented what I was trying to convey. I have no clue how good your bulldogs are however comparing MU to what Massie has accomplished with their football program is nonsense. Massie has won state titles and it’s apparent they will play just about anyone anywhere.

I agree that a weak league doesn't have much impact on playoff success but MU's schedule doesn't even compare to Massie's schedule.

Valley View is a VERY good team.
If the OHSAA shortened the games to only 3 quarters, Valley View would be 10-0 or 9-1. Unfortunately, their 4th quarters are also where the real problems are. Valley View simply does not know how to close games against better teams. They find ways to give up leads and lose games with turnovers, dropped passes, penalties, etc.

Division IV Region 16 Playoff Pairings:

#16 Waynesville (5-5) @ #1 Wyoming (10-0)
#15 Oakwood (4-6) @ #2 Eaton (9-1)
#14 Washington Court House (4-5) @ #3 Archbishop McNicholas (8-1)
#13 Northridge (7-3) @ #4 Clinton Massie (8-1)
#12 Valley View (5-5) @ #5 Waverly (8-1)
#11 Shroder (4-2) @ #6 Bethel-Tate (8-1)
#10 Indian Hill (5-5) @ #7 Milton Union (9-1)
#9 Taylor (5-5) @ #8 Graham (6-3)

#12 Valley View (5-5)
@ #5 Waverly (8-1)

The Week 11 matchups look to be competitive. Oakwood probably won't beat Eaton but there is a great deal of familiarity between those two schools. Eaton is still dealing with losing their starting QB in Week 9 as well. I would expect Eaton to use their defense to win that game, but maybe Oakwood keeps it close. The most dangerous higher seeded teams in Week 11 are all 5-5. Indian Hill, Valley View, and Taylor all have had their share of struggles this year. All have played solid schedules. I could see any and all of them winning their games. I predicted Valley View to beat Waverly as the only seed upset. VV has made that trip in recent playoff memory and had success. In 2017 an undefeated VV team beat Waverly in Germantown, 42-0. In 2016, VV traveled to Waverly and won 34-0. In 2021, I have no reason to expect that Valley View will beat a good football team. It has nothing to do with the Spartans being good enough, because they are plenty talented. They've led Milton Union, Eaton, Bellbrook, and Ross all at some point in the 3rd or 4th quarters, but also managed to lose each game. Maybe Week 11 is the week they finally put it all together? No time like the present.

#12 Valley View (5-5) @ #5 Waverly (8-1) (this one will be the best game of the week and Valley View winning won't surprise me)

I agree with ex_dc that I could see several upsets in this bunch, but I'm not confident enough to pick any of them. I think the 9, 10, 12 seeds could all win. I'll be pulling for VV, but they still need to prove they can beat a good team. This is going to be a really fun region to follow the next couple of weeks.

I apologize. You seem to have misrepresented what I was trying to convey. I have no clue how good your bulldogs are however comparing MU to what Massie has accomplished with their football program is nonsense. Massie has won state titles and it’s apparent they will play just about anyone anywhere.
You misinterpret what I'm saying. But that's ok. Move on.
Neither one of us will have any effect on this outcome.

What is the biggest strength for Valley View this year? If you recall the past 2 times we have played you guys we are pretty much the same with a spread offense letting our athletes get into space. While our defense have improved quite a bit can be suspect at times defending the pass we still do a good job. the most points we’ve given up is 34 to a good Portsmouth team who hung with Ironton for a good bit.

that’s my bad. i’m thinking of 2019 then?
yes, in 19, VV beat massie, beat roger bacon with kiner, and lost to wyoming in the r16 final. i thought the 20 VV team was better: it beat indian hill in the last second and lost to wyoming in overtime.

1635202289752.jpeg

Bracket from McNick Twitter account.