New Philadelphia at Hubbard Week 11

sportster4321

I'm pretty sure barring anything crazy this game is a go. A few weeks ago I would have said Hubbard by a ton. Now I'm not so sure. We're about to find out what kind of team Hubbard is. Do they come out angry and take care of business. Or do they find themselves in a dog fight. I know one thing. Hubbard has to be more creative than they were last night. Hubbard has to play with fire. Impose their will. New Philly is no stranger to the post season. I expect Hubbard will get NP's best game. If any of the NP posters on here have any questions about Hubbard's stadium or local dining, I'm sure any one of the Hubbard posters would have no problem lending a helping hand.

I was pretty surprised at how unimaginative Hubbard was on offense. I mean, I know they’re constrained in the passing game, but the running game was really plain. I thought they had a couple decent counters off of Caffey, but that was it. I don’t know what sort of other running options they have, but if they want to beat a good team they need to threaten multiple things.

That said, they’ve won 9. The cake is probably baked. They’ll beat teams they grind (probably NP), and get smoked by a team that can match their line play and, you know, runs more of multiple offense.

I’d say they beat NP and then get smoked by Canfield.

I was pretty surprised at how unimaginative Hubbard was on offense. I mean, I know they’re constrained in the passing game, but the running game was really plain. I thought they had a couple decent counters off of Caffey, but that was it. I don’t know what sort of other running options they have, but if they want to beat a good team they need to threaten multiple things.

That said, they’ve won 9. The cake is probably baked. They’ll beat teams they grind (probably NP), and get smoked by a team that can match their line play and, you know, runs more of multiple offense.

I don’t know anything about new Philly this year. I can’t pick this game right now. What I can say though is new Philly has played a much more difficult schedule.

Chardon also threw 3 ints that game to stall drives. It wasnt really that close. Some timely penalties too.

Same with Dover. Penalties hurt them.

Either way, it should be a good game.

This game is all about redemption for Hubbard. I think Hubbard is a better team than what we saw last night. They were 9-0 for a reason. Obviously South Range was the better team. But Hubbard laid a absolute egg. I think Hubbard has the personal to be pretty damn good. Maybe that beating was the shot Hubbard needed, players, coaches included.

I actually thought Hubbard's defensive line played decent last night. #51 and #70 especially. Hubbard did a terrible job of defending the flats, where South Range did most of their damage. Hubbard did force 4 punts. More than most thought coming into the game.

Offense is another story. No one expected Hubbard to get shut out. That's a testament to South Range. But could Hubbard have done more? They absolutely have to figure out the QB position. If your not going to try and throw, put #6 under center. Options, reads, ect. Anything to open things up for Caffey. Last night proved they can't just run Caffey. Time to regroup and do whatever it takes to advance. The season ain't over yet.

NP has without a doubt played a tougher schedule. They don't want to go home either. Hubbard should remember how week 11 has gone the past two seasons, I know I do. Hubbard was up multiple scores in both seasons only the blow them both in the second half. Hubbard has to come out angry in this one. Start to finish, bring the juice!!!

This game is all about redemption for Hubbard. I think Hubbard is a better team than what we saw last night. They were 9-0 for a reason. Obviously South Range was the better team. But Hubbard laid a absolute egg. I think Hubbard has the personal to be pretty damn good. Maybe that beating was the shot Hubbard needed, players, coaches included.

I actually thought Hubbard's defensive line played decent last night. #51 and #70 especially. Hubbard did a terrible job of defending the flats, where South Range did most of their damage. Hubbard did force 4 punts. More than most thought coming into the game.

Offense is another story. No one expected Hubbard to get shut out. That's a testament to South Range. But could Hubbard have done more? They absolutely have to figure out the QB position. If your not going to try and throw, put #6 under center. Options, reads, ect. Anything to open things up for Caffey. Last night proved they can't just run Caffey. Time to regroup and do whatever it takes to advance. The season ain't over yet.
I thought Hubbard DL was pretty good. Back 7 were not. SR got the edge any time they wanted it. Their skill players were just faster than Hubbard LBs. If Hubbard can play in a phone booth they’re really tough to deal with. Edge to edge? Not so much

I thought Hubbard DL was pretty good. Back 7 were not. SR got the edge any time they wanted it. Their skill players were just faster than Hubbard LBs. If Hubbard can play in a phone booth they’re really tough to deal with. Edge to edge? Not so much
LB play was exposed. Alignment issues that was exploited along with DE to tight end side getting their assess kicked last night. It didnt matter who it was at DE, they got manhandled.

I was very surprised that Hubbard got blanked, but I think it says a lot more about south range than it does hubbard. To be honest south range made every team look bad defensively, even almighty Kirtland last year. I expected a 42- 35 type of game, but hubbard was 3 and out most of the night and had 3 very costly fumbles. I really think the raiders have a shot to knock kirtland off this year. They have the jimmies and Joe’s and they are well coached, cant wait to watch it.

Hubbard should have no problem beating the Quakers if Caffey plays on D, they will need everything to go their way to beat Canfield in week 12 though, and if they somehow miraculously knock off Canfield in week 12, they will get steamrolled by Chardon in week 13.

For NP fans coming to Hubbard.
"Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium" has 3,000 home side, 2,000 away side. Three entrance gates, South, West (main) and East.
Small onsite parking lot-fills early. On street parking is available. Also parking at Hubbard Administration Building and the old Roosevelt Elementary School. Also parking at Baldine Plaza on West Liberty is a little walk but not far.
Francesco's Restaurant is in Baldine Plaza. Belleria's on West Liberty (Rt. 304), DiSilvio's Bar & Restaurant, Eagle Bar & Grill, Rhonda's Diner (has alcohol) on North Main (Rt. 62-7). DeOnna's (Gyros) on South Main across from Walgreen's at square. McDonald's, Arby's, Burger King are at I-80 exit #234.

This will be the first meeting between Hubbard and New Philadelphia.

Attachments

• Hubbard Memorial Stadium-a.jpg
    Hubbard Memorial Stadium-a.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Its the offensive coordinator he is a freaking idiot

i thought about it. wondering why hubbard didnt try more against range. only thing I can come up with is hubbard thought they were going to muscle range. push them around and run the ball down there throat and do enuff on defense. which was f#king crazy apparently. humbling butt whoopin. they wont make the same mistake this week. Us by a few scores. maybe more

i thought about it. wondering why hubbard didnt try more against range. only thing I can come up with is hubbard thought they were going to muscle range. push them around and run the ball down there throat and do enuff on defense. which was f#king crazy apparently. humbling butt whoopin. they wont make the same mistake this week. Us by a few scores. maybe more
Yeah, I totally agree, very poor game preparation. A little bit reminiscent of the Girard game.

I'm hearing #10 got a real nice arm but what does that even matter if you're never going to throw the ball or actually use all of his talents some day. The Hubbard faithful around town this weekend are somewhat shell shocked and disgusted over the performance and horrible game plan. I heard that from a whole lot of people. Let's see if this coaching staff can right this ship, in my opinion, I don't have too much faith. The only good thing is it's being played at Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium.

NP will be battle tested as they have played a brutal schedule (maybe the best in that region) and have held up pretty well. They are much better than they were to start season.

Yeah, I totally agree, very poor game preparation. A little bit reminiscent of the Girard game.

I'm hearing #10 got a real nice arm but what does that even matter if you're never going to throw the ball or actually use all of his talents some day. The Hubbard faithful around town this weekend are somewhat shell shocked and disgusted over the performance and horrible game plan. I heard that from a whole lot of people. Let's see if this coaching staff can right this ship, in my opinion, I don't have too much faith. The only good thing is it's being played at Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium.
#4 can throw. hes just not comfortable back there. he needs to scan the field. he had #8 wide open on the second drive vs range with nobody around him. he instead thew to #22 who had 3 defenders around him. to his credit its hard to get comfortable when you only throw on 3rd &20. regardless hes the qb. he needs to be a leader out there. even if he only throws a couple times a game. he should be the most vocal player on the field.

NP, as mentioned has seen some of the best. Four losses to teams with a record of 37-3. All D-3 teams. Hubbard was tested by D-4 Poland and D-5 Mooney, slowed by a patchwork D-4 Girard team and embarrassed by D-5 South Range I think things in “The Beautiful” are going to end ugly with NP pulling away by at least a couple scores at the end. The Eagles have been a one man show with a shaky pass defense. This game will be a testament to why the playoffs did need to go at least 12 deep in each region.