PAC - 7 Football

Saturday afternoon musings.

Congrats to @thePITman and Triway on the big win last night. I know it will end up a tie in the standings, but based on the head to head matchup, that “special season” moniker is Triway’s to hold. PAC7 champs if the chalk holds.

Fairless will share the title. But oh, what could have been? Now, they look ahead to retaining The Blue Cup and how long of a run they can make in the Region 13 playoffs.

Manchester and Northwest. Did not see that result coming. Not too surprised with the Indians winning. Shocked that the Panthers were held to just six points after putting up 40 on Fairless a week earlier. What a roller coaster year for the Panthers. Any local reports? Was it that big of a letdown? Now 5-4, the Panthers still sit poised for a round 1 Region 17 home game if they can win at home in week 10.

At 6-3, Northwest picked up big Harbin points and moved up the Region 13 ladder, with hopes of avoiding West Branch, Ursuline and VASJ in round 1.

CVCA got it done against Tuslaw at home on Senior Night. The Royals look like they’ll be team 16 from Region 13, which will likely earn them that trip to West Branch, which dropped 77 points on Minerva last night. But first things first. It’s Manchester week. Which Royals team shows up? The one that has given up 21 total points in five wins? Or the one that surrendered 135 points in four losses? For that matter, which Panthers team shows up. Safe to say both teams should be up for the game.

What to say of Tuslaw? The kids have suffered through two straight really challenging seasons. But there was no quit in them last night, despite the score.

Orrville with a nice victory last night a week after Loudonville got their first win. Just one more PAC game for the Redbirds before they fly of to a more competitive conference for their size.

Week 9 was full of surprises. Bring on Rivalry Week.

A good win for our Titans last night! Our offense was effective, and the O-line played great. But our defense was the highlight. Shut out Fairless in the second half and held them to just 13 points (less than half their season low) and 190 total yards.

The two biggest plays of the game were the 80-yard pick-6 on the last play of the first half when Fairless attempted a Hail Mary; and then early in the 4th, after Fairless had a long, methodical drive already down 3 scores, and we pick them off on the 2 yard line. Or after we punted down to their 1, we pick them off on the next play. 3 turnovers, all huge. And in games like those, the teams that take care of the ball and force turnovers are typically going to end on top.

I was not surprised Northwest beat Manchester. I told a few Northwest fans after our game against them last week that I thought they would win. Their front 7 really impressed me, and I felt they would be able to shut down the Panthers' run game. Really wish we weren't missing 5 offensive starters and 4 defensive starters against Manchester, but part of having a successful season is staying healthy, so it's no excuse. On to Orrville for a chance to win (share) the PAC-7!

Totally surprised NW was able to beat Manchester, much less pretty well dominate them on their home field. Then I look back and realize, again, NW losses came to teams with combined records of 29-5. NW is actually a pretty decent football team that has been the victim to a few really good teams. Congrats to them, this was no doubt a big win! AHIGA lives on! ;)

I went to the MHS/NW game, first one this year, and I was shocked to see the lack of adjustments by the Panthers. NW was much better prepared from the get go. Both on O and D. Unless the play calling and QB play improve, it will be a short Playoff run for the Panthers.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the CVCA @ Manchester game? If CVCA wins they are locked into the playoffs and with some other help could avoid the top 3 seeds in the region. It looks like with a Manchester win they will lock in a home playoff game.

The hardest place to get a win is in New Franklin, whether its that Manchester is really good(usually the case) or, they get a few calls that go their way (sometimes the case) they rarely lose at home, especially 2 in a row. If CVCA is at full strength they have a chance. More than likely they are coming back to Wyoga Lake road with an L. Does the new coach know at CVCA understand the significance of this RIVALRY? This is the quietest CVCA/Manchester week I seen in the last 10 years.

The hardest place to get a win is in New Franklin, whether its that Manchester is really good(usually the case) or, they get a few calls that go their way (sometimes the case) they rarely lose at home, especially 2 in a row. If CVCA is at full strength they have a chance. More than likely they are coming back to Wyoga Lake road with an L. Does the new coach know at CVCA understand the significance of this RIVALRY? This is the quietest CVCA/Manchester week I seen in the last 10 years.
Reasons for quiet week 10 on this thread:
Manchester faithful having to consider that they could end up 5-5 and that could be better than what folks thought they'd be
CVCA fans quiet because soccer tourney just started
NW fans forgot their login info after 1-3 start
Random CCC fan enduring (Charles Barkley voice) turrbile year so he's avoiding his normal spouting off
Presumptive "best team" (Fairless) got thumped last week
Pitman doesn't talk trash

Manchester faithful having to consider that they could end up 5-5 and that could be better than what folks thought they'd be
Random CCC fan enduring (Charles Barkley voice) turrbile year so he's avoiding his normal spouting off
The CCC marching band is looking for @Stizostedion and they have bad intentions for him for not returning the uniform and Trumpet circa 1996

CVCA hasn’t won at Manchester since 2007. I have no doubt that after last year that Manchester will be focused on extending that streak.

Manchester (fans) seems unusually quiet after the surprising result last week against Northwest. Still, can’t imagine they won’t be focused come 7:00 pm on Friday.

The Royals players know what this game means. Add to it that this is basically a win and your in playoff game, and I expect a full effort from the boys in Blue.

Neither team is prolific passing the ball. The forecast is for rain. Who can run the ball. And who can stop the run?

I see this as a one possession game. Just not sure who gets the W.

You forgot that the Orrville fans have all but vanished in the past 2 years and that both Tuslaw and Loudonville have no fans on here even in good years.

You forgot that the Orrville fans have all but vanished in the past 2 years and that both Tuslaw and Loudonville have no fans on here even in good years.
Yep. There some Orrville fans early on but most that would have posted are the same that were less than ecstatic about the coaching hire.

Loudonville, they’re still kicking wounds seeing SWD crush it down the road at West Holmes.

Tuslaw…not sure there. They’ve actually had some skill talent last few years but haven’t figured out how to utilize it. Life was easier when it was Marthey left, right, middle.

Manchester could win against CVCA and still play on the road next week if Berkshire wins.
Not to get all technical but y’all are only 0.02 points behind Berkshire. Their opponent is D6 yours is D4. If you both win you get more points (5 to 4).

There’s a bunch of other things that could impact but, as was said earlier, Panthers are playing for a home game.

Hope CVCA can slide into playoffs but felt bad for Snider, not much help or a good situation there.
Barring an upset tomorrow by Trinity over Gilmour Academy, CVCA will get in. But West Branch is looming. And in the unlikely event that Salem trips them up, it will be a week 1 rematch with VASJ. Both very tall tasks for this CVCA team.

Hope CVCA can slide into playoffs but felt bad for Snider, not much help or a good situation there.
That offensive line was really below average this year. He definitely didn't have the holes he had the last few years. Many times he had to make a move immediately after getting the ball. Kudos to him for still putting up a 1000 yard season.

Last edited: