Concessions that stray from the norm

Status
Not open for further replies.
St. Marys has a donut burger, with a glazed donut as the bun, and also serves bratwursts in a long john donut.

I like my local but no way he has the ovens to supply a sporting event. Perhaps that is the reason?
That is a very good possibility. Local shops are often busy on Fri. making pizzas for people who are attending these games. The wait time at my local shop is generally highest on a Fri. night. Also, local shops may not be able to offer a reduced price on a large order to enable the concessionaires to exceed the profit margin they can get from selling what the chains supply them.

Additionally, why do people like to eat at chains or get fast food when they're out of town? Because, even if it's probably not the best meal around, they know what they're getting.

Last edited:
Man I wanna say our HS purchased old pizza ovens to make their own.

I prefer the staples....hot dog. Popcorn. Occasionally a burger. If I know the have decent food I will skip dinner and have a sammich

Leavittsburg was serving Chick-Fil-A last time I was there. Also, have to give a shout out to Lowellville. Great food, plus I hit the 50/50 back in 2015.
Nice job on the 50/50. I hate when the 50/50 ticket you have is like 800056 and they announce the winning ticket that is nowhere close to that. Like winning ticket is 457061.

Speaking of pizza, do any stadiums serve Jet's Pizza ? I thought I heard some stadiums do. Love the think crust New York style.

That is a very good possibility. Local shops are often busy on Fri. making pizzas for people who are attending these games. The wait time at my local shop is generally highest on a Fri. night. Also, local shops may not be able to offer a reduced price on a large order to enable the concessionaires to exceed the profit margin they can get from selling what the chains supply them.

Additionally, why do people like to eat at chains or get fast food when they're out of town? Because, even if it's probably not the best meal around, they know what they're getting.

If they're like me, it's because they've forgotten. We hadn't had a local in a long time. I got used to my hot-n-ready. It was filling. Wasn't bad. Fit the budget. Then a new place opened up taking about brick fired. No drive through. just a couple tables. Eh. got my hot-n-readys.

One day decided to stop by, pay the extra because it was closer. Actually had a conversation with the guy as opposed to drive-through. A REAL conversation. What the day is like. How about that team.... Even where he gets his ingrediants from, what school he and his helper went to, ...

Haven't had a hot-n-ready since. I'd simply forgotten what a pizza could taste like, what toppings could taste like. It's more expensive. Both make two or three meals for me. But the local, I enjoy. It's not just filling. Buy local. But no way they could supply a stadium.

Man I wanna say our HS purchased old pizza ovens to make their own.

I prefer the staples....hot dog. Popcorn. Occasionally a burger. If I know the have decent food I will skip dinner and have a sammich
I saw we had a coopers Turkey burger when I went to the concession stand so that was new. Never seen that before just the usual stadium food.

The Fairless boosters are always cooking burgers before home games. It became mandatory for me to eat two every time we went there to play.

Karma: Supposed to be have been working this afternoon, but decide that I can take a couple of minutes break since I skipped lunch. This is the top thread on Yappi--I read the whole thing while my stomach is growling. ?️:(

Before they built a stadium for the worst MLS team in America, Stargel field was home to CPS football games.

Ollie’s Trolley catered the games with pulled pork, burnt ends, fried turkey with a grill and I think a smoker onsite. It was AMAZING.

Only one place I know of had double cheeseburgers. Seems like a really wasted opportunity to up sell someone to add a few bucks to go from a single to a double.

Status
Not open for further replies.