America Held Hostage

Liberals: "Diversity is our strength" and "We must respect other religious beliefs".

During a recent classified briefing that both D and R lawmakers attended it seems both parties were not happy with the answers being given to their questions. When asked the number of Americans still in Afghanistan they got the old true blue answer they have been getting for weeks - about 100. Someone pointed out since that number had first been given around 75 Americans have escaped and yet the number given is still around 100. CNN gave two versions of the what happened : One was that both D's and R's walked out on the meeting in protest. The other was that one Democratic aide said the reason D's walked out was because some R's were not wearing the masks as required. Good reason I guess, it just could not be they to are tired of the 100 answer.
Tired of the Biden administrations out and out lies. All while the lives of Americans and our allies stand in the balance.

Day 45 - A month and a half since Biden lied about "keeping troops there until all Americans have left" and abandoned American citizens and our allies in enemy hands. What new revelations today? Only what anyone with a brain knew already; that military advisers advised Biden an a fighting retreat that would guaranty the safety of Americans and their allies during an orderly evacuation, and that Biden ignored that advise so that he could have the military out in time for the 9/11 anniversary. He sold out the lives of Americans and our allies for a political stunt, and did it against the advice of his experts.

Day 48 - Biden has "turned the page" and has absolutely ignored the plight of Americans trapped in Afghanistan. Veterans and other private citizens continue to do what Biden refuses to do, or even acknowledge. Biden is a disgrace and a criminal.

Day 50. It has been more than a month since Biden even mentioned the citizens he abandoned and remain in enemy hands. In the last 50 days he has done much to impede the rescue of these people and nothing to help rescue them.

"The U.S. government (Biden) did not have a plan going into this,"

Day 60 and it appears that the interpreter who saved Biden's life has escaped with the help of private US citizens and absolutely no help from the ungrateful and imbecilic Biden. It does looks like Biden is preparing to bribe the Taliban to obtain the release of some of the hostages. God help us.

Day 60 and it appears that the interpreter who saved Biden's life has escaped with the help of private US citizens and absolutely no help from the ungrateful and imbecilic Biden. It does looks like Biden is preparing to bribe the Taliban to obtain the release of some of the hostages. God help us.

This whole situation could have been better handled if Biden had fallen in love with the Taliban leader. You mean like the Regan bribe to get the hostages released from Iran so long ago? What would you do dumba**, invade?

You mean like the Regan bribe to get the hostages released from Iran so long ago? What would you do dumba**, invade?

Lifelong Republican R&G is now disparaging conservative presidential icon RWR. lol

He's so died in the wool he can't even spell the man's name correctly!

lmao

This whole situation could have been better handled if Biden had fallen in love with the Taliban leader. You mean like the Regan bribe to get the hostages released from Iran so long ago? What would you do dumba**, invade?
Ha! Are you stupid, or just a liar? The "bribe" was negotiated and paid by Carter, another Democratic weanie like Biden. The Iranians finally came to terms with the Carter administration because Reagan promised that he would not pay them anything. The Iranians held the hostages even after Carter paid the bribe until Reagan was inaugurated as an insult to the weak and pathetic Carter. Reagan paid nothing and promised that he would pay nothing. You are terribly uninformed or blinded by your ideology. Oh, and what would I have done differently? Very simple; pull out the civilians before you pull out the military and maintain more than one exit point. Pretty basic and very much just common sense. Also, consistent with the recommendations of Biden's military leadership, which he ignored.

Summary of Carter's final negotiations to pay off the Iranians (from Wikipedia, yeah, not the best source but a good summary none the less):

On November 2, the Iranian parliament finally set forth formal conditions for the hostages' release, and eight days later Deputy Secretary of State Warren Christopher arrived in Algiers with the first U.S. reply setting off a slow-motion diplomatic shuffle between Washington, Algiers, and Tehran. The Iranians refused to communicate directly with the president, or any other American, so Algeria had agreed to act as an intermediary. This arrangement slowed down the negotiating process. As Carter recalled, "The Iranians, who spoke Persian, would talk only with the Algerians, who spoke French. Any question or proposal of mine had to be translated twice as it went from Washington to Algiers to Tehran, and then the answers and counter-proposals had to come back to me over the same slow route."

Ronald Reagan defeated Jimmy Carter in the November 1980 presidential election with pressure being added to the negotiations by the President-Elect's talk of not paying "ransom for people who have been kidnapped by barbarians",[9] and a New Year's Day threat from Radio Tehran that if the United States did not accept Iran's demands the hostages would be tried as spies and executed if found guilty.[11] In the final stages of the negotiations in Algiers, the chief Algerian mediator was the Foreign Affairs Minister Mohammed Benyahia who interacted primarily with Deputy Secretary of State Warren Christopher from the U.S. side.[12] Former Algerian ambassador to the U.S. Abdulkarim Ghuraib also participated in the negotiations.[citation needed] Much of the money involved was being held in overseas branches of twelve American banks, so Carter, his cabinet, and staff were constantly on the phone to London, Istanbul, Bonn, and other world capitals to work out the financial details.

The negotiations resulted in the "Algiers Accords"[13] of January 19, 1981. The Algiers Accords called for Iran's immediate freeing of the hostages, the unfreezing of $7.9 billion of Iranian assets and immunity from lawsuits Iran might have faced in America, and a pledge by the United States that "it is and from now on will be the policy of the United States not to intervene, directly or indirectly, politically or militarily, in Iran's internal affairs". The Accords also created the Iran – United States Claims Tribunal, and Iran deposited $1 billion in an escrow account to satisfy claims adjudicated by the Tribunal in favor of American businesses that had lost assets after the hostage takeover. The Tribunal closed to new claims by private individuals on January 19, 1982. In total, it received approximately 4,700 private U.S. claims. The Tribunal has ordered payments by Iran to U.S. nationals totaling over $2.5 billion. Almost all private claims have now been resolved, but several intergovernmental claims are still before the Tribunal.

Last edited:
Day 65. Biden has continued to ignore the issue of Americans and its allies being trapped in Afghanistan. Thank God many brave US citizens have not forgotten them and continue to do what Biden's administration has refused to do. There is someone in the government looking into it though:

Ha! Are you stupid, or just a liar? The "bribe" was negotiated and paid by Carter, another Democratic weanie like Biden. The Iranians finally came to terms with the Carter administration because Reagan promised that he would not pay them anything. The Iranians held the hostages even after Carter paid the bribe until Reagan was inaugurated as an insult to the weak and pathetic Carter. Reagan paid nothing and promised that he would pay nothing. You are terribly uninformed or blinded by your ideology. Oh, and what would I have done differently? Very simple; pull out the civilians before you pull out the military and maintain more than one exit point. Pretty basic and very much just common sense. Also, consistent with the recommendations of Biden's military leadership, which he ignored.
He's a liar. Redandgold claims to be a "republican" concerned about Trump.

Remember as the red head says everybody who wanted out has gotten out so that must mean whoever was left behind must not of wanted to leave.

Summary of Carter's final negotiations to pay off the Iranians (from Wikipedia, yeah, not the best source but a good summary none the less):

On November 2, the Iranian parliament finally set forth formal conditions for the hostages' release, and eight days later Deputy Secretary of State Warren Christopher arrived in Algiers with the first U.S. reply setting off a slow-motion diplomatic shuffle between Washington, Algiers, and Tehran. The Iranians refused to communicate directly with the president, or any other American, so Algeria had agreed to act as an intermediary. This arrangement slowed down the negotiating process. As Carter recalled, "The Iranians, who spoke Persian, would talk only with the Algerians, who spoke French. Any question or proposal of mine had to be translated twice as it went from Washington to Algiers to Tehran, and then the answers and counter-proposals had to come back to me over the same slow route."

Ronald Reagan defeated Jimmy Carter in the November 1980 presidential election with pressure being added to the negotiations by the President-Elect's talk of not paying "ransom for people who have been kidnapped by barbarians",[9] and a New Year's Day threat from Radio Tehran that if the United States did not accept Iran's demands the hostages would be tried as spies and executed if found guilty.[11] In the final stages of the negotiations in Algiers, the chief Algerian mediator was the Foreign Affairs Minister Mohammed Benyahia who interacted primarily with Deputy Secretary of State Warren Christopher from the U.S. side.[12] Former Algerian ambassador to the U.S. Abdulkarim Ghuraib also participated in the negotiations.[citation needed] Much of the money involved was being held in overseas branches of twelve American banks, so Carter, his cabinet, and staff were constantly on the phone to London, Istanbul, Bonn, and other world capitals to work out the financial details.

The negotiations resulted in the "Algiers Accords"[13] of January 19, 1981. The Algiers Accords called for Iran's immediate freeing of the hostages, the unfreezing of $7.9 billion of Iranian assets and immunity from lawsuits Iran might have faced in America, and a pledge by the United States that "it is and from now on will be the policy of the United States not to intervene, directly or indirectly, politically or militarily, in Iran's internal affairs". The Accords also created the Iran – United States Claims Tribunal, and Iran deposited $1 billion in an escrow account to satisfy claims adjudicated by the Tribunal in favor of American businesses that had lost assets after the hostage takeover. The Tribunal closed to new claims by private individuals on January 19, 1982. In total, it received approximately 4,700 private U.S. claims. The Tribunal has ordered payments by Iran to U.S. nationals totaling over $2.5 billion. Almost all private claims have now been resolved, but several intergovernmental claims are still before the Tribunal.
Bullsh*t. Reagan sure took credit for it. Reagan wasn’t so principled when it came to selling weapons to the same enemy on the sly and secretly giving the money to the Contras. Now there was an impeachable offense, not that I wanted that. Just educating some of you who seemed to be challenged when it comes to the accurate history of our country. Overall, I did support Reagan and I do consider him one of the strongest Presidents of my lifetime.

He's a liar. Redandgold claims to be a "republican" concerned about Trump.
One more time jackass, I have been aRepublican my entire life. It’s you Trumpers who aren’t Republicans. It is laughable that you would come to the defense of Reagan. You guys have nothing in common with a Reagan Republican.

One more time jackass, I have been aRepublican my entire life. It’s you Trumpers who aren’t Republicans. It is laughable that you would come to the defense of Reagan. You guys have nothing in common with a Reagan Republican.
Other then voting for Reagan, campaigning for Reagan and donating money to Reagan?

Why do you persist in this lie? The policies you support in your posts are almost all counter to what Reagan believed in. And while Reagan would not have approved of Trump's behavior he would have approved of 95% of Trump's positions on the issues.

Other then voting for Reagan, campaigning for Reagan and donating money to Reagan?
But you’re a Trumper now. It’s not possible to be both.
Why do you persist in this lie? The policies you support in your posts are almost all counter to what Reagan believed in. And while Reagan would not have approved of Trump's behavior he would have approved of 95% of Trump's positions on the issues.
Right. Reagan would not have let hundreds of thousands of people die by lying to them about the seriousness of covid. I don’t think Reagan would have had a love affair with North Korea’s leader, or kissed Putin’s a**. I know he wouldn’t have tried to destroy our alliances. I am positive he would not have used our government for personal financial gain. Nor would he have lied daily to the American people or tried to violently overthrow our government. Should I continue?

But you’re a Trumper now. It’s not possible to be both.

Right. Reagan would not have let hundreds of thousands of people die by lying to them about the seriousness of covid. I don’t think Reagan would have had a love affair with North Korea’s leader, or kissed Putin’s a**. I know he wouldn’t have tried to destroy our alliances. I am positive he would not have used our government for personal financial gain. Nor would he have lied daily to the American people or tried to violently overthrow our government. Should I continue?
It's no harder then walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Trump didn't take covid seriously? He was on TV every single day taking covid seriously. He mobilized military resources to fight covid including dispatching naval hospital ships to NY City & LA. He cleared the way for vaccines to be developed on record timing. It's ignorant to claim he didn't take the covid seriously.

And what evidence do you have that Trump had love affairs with Putin and the NK leader? You mean because they both were fairly well behaved on the world stage when Trump was in charge?

What evidence do you have that Trump enriched himself while POTUS? By all accounts Trump lost wealth during his time as President.

Trump didn't lie daily and it's nuts to claim that Trump tried to overthrow the government. Hell there's more evidence that parts of the government tried to overthrow Trump.

Please, continue listing this nonsense I'm all eyes.

Bullsh*t. Reagan sure took credit for it. Reagan wasn’t so principled when it came to selling weapons to the same enemy on the sly and secretly giving the money to the Contras. Now there was an impeachable offense, not that I wanted that. Just educating some of you who seemed to be challenged when it comes to the accurate history of our country. Overall, I did support Reagan and I do consider him one of the strongest Presidents of my lifetime.
Accurate history? Ha! You made a bald faced lie and were called on it. Sure Reagan took credit for it. Why wouldn't he? The facts make it clear that Carter's sell out only prolonged the hostage crisis and it was Reagan's hard stance that put an end to it. That is the case in reverse with the transition from Trump to Biden. Our enemies were contained knowing Trump meant what he said in regard to national defense and our enemies know that Biden does not. Look how that has emboldened our enemies.

You are the one who brought up Reagan, not me, and you did so to make a baseless allegation about his actions. You were caught in the lie/error and you just turn around and cast dispersions on others.

Rookie move my friend.

It's no harder then walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Trump didn't take covid seriously? He was on TV every single day taking covid seriously. He mobilized military resources to fight covid including dispatching naval hospital ships to NY City & LA. He cleared the way for vaccines to be developed on record timing. It's ignorant to claim he didn't take the covid seriously.
It will be gone by Easter. Hosted WH get together w/o masks. Disagreed publicly with medical experts. Got his own a** vaccinated and told no one. Pushed ignorant treatments instead of CDC advice. Completely bungled the national response for supplies (ventilators). Disorganized vaccine roll out. Disbanded his own covid response team because they wouldn’t parrot his stupidity. Etc, etc, etc. Yeah, he was on TV everyday lying and making a fool of himself.
And what evidence do you have that Trump had love affairs with Putin and the NK leader? You mean because they both were fairly well behaved on the world stage when Trump was in charge?
He said it! He bragged about his love affair with Kim Jong un. Got played by him with a photo op at the border. Squatted every time Putin said sh**. Took Putin’s side over his own intelligence services.
What evidence do you have that Trump enriched himself while POTUS? By all accounts Trump lost wealth during his time as President.
Trumpy Bears, steaks, and chocolates. Remember, that was Eric’s job. Shook down the federal government with Secret Service expenses at his own half-a**ed properties. Leaned on foreigner dignitaries to stay at his properties. His daughter’s clothing and jewelry deals with the Chinese. Again, etc, etc, etc.
Trump didn't lie daily and it's nuts to claim that Trump tried to overthrow the government. Hell there's more evidence that parts of the government tried to overthrow Trump.
This is a ridiculous issue. Largest crowd ever to be at an inauguration, weather map alteration (Sharpiegate), Mexico will pay for it, been on the cover of Time more than anyone in history(11 times - Nixon 55 times), the BIG LIE, highest murder rate in 47 years - higher in the 80’s and 90’s, highest electoral college vote since Reagan - HW, Clinton, and Barack all had bigger, Hillary was given questions before the debate, Obama tapped my phones, I’ve got the coronavirus under control, greatest speech ever made to the Boy Scouts, didn’t know about the payment to Stormy Daniels, his Real Estate school was legit, windmills cause cancer, he was releasing his health care plan in two weeks, he was once named Michigan’s Man of the Year, can’t release his taxes because he’s under audit, etc, etc, etc. Those are off the top of my head. He lied about everything. Even unimportant stuff. Everyday.
Please, continue listing this nonsense I'm all eyes.
There you go moron.

Last edited:
Accurate history? Ha! You made a bald faced lie and were called on it. Sure Reagan took credit for it. Why wouldn't he? The facts make it clear that Carter's sell out only prolonged the hostage crisis and it was Reagan's hard stance that put an end to it. That is the case in reverse with the transition from Trump to Biden. Our enemies were contained knowing Trump meant what he said in regard to national defense and our enemies know that Biden does not. Look how that has emboldened our enemies.

You are the one who brought up Reagan, not me, and you did so to make a baseless allegation about his actions. You were caught in the lie/error and you just turn around and cast dispersions on others.

Rookie move my friend.
Foolish twisting of facts. So was it Carter or Reagan. Can’t be both.

Foolish twisting of facts. So was it Carter or Reagan. Can’t be both.
Good cop, bad cop, or more accurately week cop, strong cop. Have it as you will. The bad guys did not want to deal with Reagan and that is what brought the hostages home. Consider the fact that even Carter did a better job of getting Americans out Iran than Biden is doing getting them out of Afghanistan.

It will be gone by Easter. Hosted WH get together w/o masks. Disagreed publicly with medical experts. Got his own a** vaccinated and told no one. Pushed ignorant treatments instead of CDC advice. Completely bungled the national response for supplies (ventilators). Disorganized vaccine roll out. Disbanded his own covid response team because they wouldn’t parrot his stupidity. Etc, etc, etc. Yeah, he was on TV everyday lying and making a fool of himself.

He said it! He bragged about his love affair with Kim Jong un. Got played by him with a photo op at the border. Squatted every time Putin said sh**. Took Putin’s side over his own intelligence services.

Trumpy Bears, steaks, and chocolates. Remember, that was Eric’s job. Shook down the federal government with Secret Service expenses at his own half-a**ed properties. Leaned on foreigner dignitaries to stay at his properties. His daughter’s clothing and jewelry deals with the Chinese. Again, etc, etc, etc.

This is a ridiculous issue. Largest crowd ever to be at an inauguration, weather map alteration (Sharpiegate), Mexico will pay for it, been on the cover of Time more than anyone in history(11 times - Nixon 55 times), the BIG LIE, highest murder rate in 47 years - higher in the 80’s and 90’s, highest electoral college vote since Reagan - HW, Clinton, and Barack all had bigger, Hillary was given questions before the debate, Obama tapped my phones, I’ve got the coronavirus under control, greatest speech ever made to the Boy Scouts, didn’t know about the payment to Stormy Daniels, his Real Estate school was legit, windmills cause cancer, he was releasing his health care plan in two weeks, he was once named Michigan’s Man of the Year, can’t release his taxes because he’s under audit, etc, etc, etc. Those are off the top of my head. He lied about everything. Even unimportant stuff. Everyday.

There you go moron.
Ventilators = death or weren't you paying attention?

Trump said that he told Kim that if he rejected his antagonistic ways he could turn North Korea into a big beautiful country. What's wrong with that? Can't hurt to try a different approach when the game plan for the preceding 70 years had done NOTHING to solve the problem.

He didn't take Putin's side he rejected some of the advice being given to him by our Intelligence services. Intelligence services which have since been shown to not have had Trump's best interest in mind. In fact elements of those same Intelligence services tried to destroy Trump on multiple occasions during his time in office.

The rest of your rant gets a Blah, blah, blah reply.

Good cop, bad cop, or more accurately week cop, strong cop. Have it as you will. The bad guys did not want to deal with Reagan and that is what brought the hostages home. Consider the fact that even Carter did a better job of getting Americans out Iran than Biden is doing getting them out of Afghanistan.
Carter supported the Shah of Iran. They released them the day Carter left office to emphasize their dissatisfaction with Carter’s support of the Shah. It really didn’t matter who followed Carter. Iran had gotten all the publicity they felt they needed at the time. Sounds crazy, but hostage taking wasn’t as hardcore as today. Reagan thanked them by illegally selling them weapons.

Last edited:
Ventilators = death or weren't you paying attention?

Trump said that he told Kim that if he rejected his antagonistic ways he could turn North Korea into a big beautiful country. What's wrong with that? Can't hurt to try a different approach when the game plan for the preceding 70 years had done NOTHING to solve the problem.

He didn't take Putin's side he rejected some of the advice being given to him by our Intelligence services. Intelligence services which have since been shown to not have had Trump's best interest in mind. In fact elements of those same Intelligence services tried to destroy Trump on multiple occasions during his time in office.

The rest of your rant gets a Blah, blah, blah reply.
He blatantly took Putin’s advice over our intelligence. He publicly said with Putin sitting next to him that he believed Putin. What about my list of just a few of his daily lies? Any of those not true?

He blatantly took Putin’s advice over our intelligence. He publicly said with Putin sitting next to him that he believed Putin. What about my list of just a few of his daily lies? Any of those not true?
"Blatantly," wow. That is serious.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Still did a much better job for the American people than Obama or Biden, and that's all that matters.

You're a fool though.