Concessions that stray from the norm

Status
Not open for further replies.

What an awesome topic. Unfortunately, here in the Cincy area, everything is pretty standard concession food. That's not saying that there aren't schools with some awesome grub, but there is nothing really unique that I can think of.

Fairfield Christian used to move Chick-Fil-A at the concession stand back when they were playing at New Lexington. The part that always mystified me was how they made it work: the nearest CFA to New Lex was over an hour away (in Grove City.)

What’s on the loaded brat?
I recall caramelized onions, sauerkraut and brown mustard. Weighing in to clarify on the loaded brat since I had one earlier this season at LV. Well worth Waze taking me the wrong way to get there (spit me through the one-way tunnel on Marne Road where there's a ~50 degree curve coming out the other side of it.)

I've had walking tacos before but where escapes me.

I'm sure it's harder than ever to find reliable workers for concessions.

A lot of schools rely on parents from teams from different seasons, sports etc.

Last edited:
When did concession stands go from snacks to enjoy during the game to having to offer full blown meals?
Not sure, but I have noticed that in other areas actually watching the game isn’t the central event. I went to a game between larger schools and could not believe how many people just casually got up and walked about all game.

When did concession stands go from snacks to enjoy during the game to having to offer full blown meals?

the day someone realized they can make money and add to the experience of their kids and neighbors. No kidding visiting Lowelville was one of my high school watching highlights. Love the setting, hills behind, train tracks in front. Loved the food. Loved the hot Italian ladies serving the food. What's not to like?

Last edited:
Hamilton Township visitors stand (run by the band parents) has served Zunardo's Famous Chili and Zunardo's Famous Seafood Bisque several times when the weather gets cooler. I'll fill up a large roasting pan with either one and drop it off before a game - it's scraped dry when I pick it up afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.