Division I Football Poll - Week 9 (10/18/21)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

1 Medina (Medina) (9-0) (299) [19]
2 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati) (7-2) (226) [5]
3 St Edward (Lakewood) (8-1) (223) [6]
4 St Xavier (Cincinnati) (7-2) (206) [3]
5 Marysville (Marysville) (8-0) (201) [4]
6 Pickerington Central (Pickerington) (8-1) (163)
7 Lakota West (West Chester) (7-1) (155)
8 Upper Arlington (Upper Arlington) (9-0) (134) [1]
9 New Albany (New Albany) (9-0) (111)
10 Springfield (Springfield) (7-1) (109)

Others - St Ignatius (Cleveland) (5-4), Centerville (Centerville) (7-2), Jackson (Massillon) (8-1), Princeton (Cincinnati) (8-1), Pickerington North (Pickerington) (7-2)

Thought Springfield would have hung in there in top 5 and surprised Moeller is so high but after the last couple of weeks they have shown alot.

Thought Springfield would have hung in there in top 5 and surprised Moeller is so high but after the last couple of weeks they have shown alot.
Today's AP poll has SHS at #5 with no 1st place votes. Moeller breaks into the top 10 but gets 2 1st place votes despite 2 losses, with 1 loss to an unranked team where they gave up 60 points. St Xavier is #7 despite 2 losses to teams with bad records, with 1 loss at home to a winless out of state team. Centerville is ranked #11 and gets a 1st place vote over SHS, Medina and everyone else in the state despite 2 losses and how SHS completely and thoroughly destroyed them by nearly 40 points with a running clock. Centerville couldn't even get a 1st down most of the game and had absolutely no chance to score after their opening drive. And someone votes them the best team in the state. And we're supposed to take any of this seriously? Just more evidence of bias. People give me a hard time for supporting my team. Well, this proves I am absolutely no different than everybody else. The real question is why everyone criticizes me and gives me a hard time, but no one says a word about the rest of this. I would really like to know why everyone considers a 1 point loss to 6-3 Miamisburg to be so fatal and unforgivable, while other teams' 40 point losses with running clocks, losses to winless teams and .500 teams and losses where you give up 60 points to an opponent with a losing record can be overlooked? There are absolutely bias and discriminatory undertones to this and its high time that was said out loud.

Last edited:
1 Medina (Medina) (9-0) (299) [19]
2 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati) (7-2) (226) [5]
3 St Edward (Lakewood) (8-1) (223) [6]
4 St Xavier (Cincinnati) (7-2) (206) [3]
5 Marysville (Marysville) (8-0) (201) [4]
6 Pickerington Central (Pickerington) (8-1) (163)
7 Lakota West (West Chester) (7-1) (155)
8 Upper Arlington (Upper Arlington) (9-0) (134) [1]
9 New Albany (New Albany) (9-0) (111)
10 Springfield (Springfield) (7-1) (109)

Others - St Ignatius (Cleveland) (5-4), Centerville (Centerville) (7-2), Jackson (Massillon) (8-1), Princeton (Cincinnati) (8-1), Pickerington North (Pickerington) (7-2)
I’d say it’s spot on

The new AP Poll is out. The division I results are shown below:
1634585569364.png

Here is a link to all divisions:

People give me a hard time for supporting my team. Well, this proves I am absolutely no different than everybody else. The real question is why everyone criticizes me and gives me a hard time, but no one says a word about the rest of this.

While some may give you a hard time for supporting your team, others of us give you a hard time for your inability to perform addition, multiplication, and division. Or maybe that's just me.

The new AP Poll is out. The division I results are shown below:
View attachment 22465
Here is a link to all divisions:
For as bad as the AP typically does, it could be worse. In D2, they have Piqua at #2 and Big Walnut at #4. Not saying you couldn't make an argument for them being in the top ten, but both of them in the top 5 is pretty laughable.

Four undefeated left with a chance to finish with an iconic season. Probably 4-8 other teams that can go on a run and win state. All regular season losses are forgiven if you end up with a ring.

I have trouble putting Moeller at 2 when they lost to a team by 33. No top 3 team should get a running clock put on them in any situation IMO

While some may give you a hard time for supporting your team, others of us give you a hard time for your inability to perform addition, multiplication, and division. Or maybe that's just me.
Oh, is this the part where I'm supposed to laugh? You're so funny. You should do standup. I'm serious ...

And they are….
Of course they are, in your biased mind. I understand most people of privileged backgrounds don't wanna talk about, acknowledge or deal with their biases, prejudices and discriminatory tendencies. They never have. They just want to be allowed to continue as they are. I guess some things never change.

Last edited:
Probably the right 10 teams. Not the order I would put them.
DIVISION I
1. Medina (15) 9-0 202
2. Marysville (2) 8-0 169
3. Lakewood St. Edward (1) 8-1 146
4. Columbus Upper Arlington (1) 9-0 134
5. Springfield 7-1 96
6. New Albany 9-0 95
7. Cincinnati St. Xavier 7-2 89
8. West Chester Lakota West 7-1 82
9. Pickerington Central 8-1 75
10. Cincinnati Moeller (2) 7-2 71

Others receiving 12 or more points: Centerville (1) 13.

Marysville too high but taking care of what is in front of them.
Upper Arlington maybe too high but is a scoring machine. Will get to prove it.
New Albany too high. I think they only beat one good team. So IDK
St.X with a couple head scratchers.
Pick.Central is prob loving the fact that 3 central Ohio teams are ranked above them. They are very dangerous.
Centerville got a 1st place vote? Moeller got 2? smh

Last year's #1 team losing 44-3 in the D1 state final.
Everyone thinks the 44-3 was not indicative of PC's team overall. They just had a very bad 1st half that snowballed. And, they did win it all the year before. Plus, PC beat Elder pretty soundly where Moeller lost to Elder and gave up 60 points. I don't get it because PC had one early season loss to a rival who has a pretty good record. They are probably still a top 5 team. Fortunately, the playoffs will sort it all out.

Right… polls are meaningless right now. Let’s see how things play out the next 6 weeks.
I agree polls are meaningless in regards to the game on the field itself. But, there are other extraneous matters more important than the game at issue at this point.

Moeller was playing without their starting QB during that loss you mentioned. The other was a shootout with a rival. The past couple of weeks the team has played much better as a unit. Polls are nice but Harkins is where its at for seeding.

Oh, is this the part where I'm supposed to laugh? You're so funny. You should do standup. I'm serious ...
No, this is the part where after you ask for an explanation of what the numbers will be for relative comparisons of two teams with regards to the Harbins, someone provides you with the answer you are seeking, and shows the numbers they used to compute them, and you say that that is completely wrong, they ask you to provide your corrective numbers and you don't respond, that we determine it is because you are incapable of either following along with the simple computations, or perform calculations of your own that are faulty enough to be laughable.

In short, not expecting you to laugh, nor for anyone to think that I am funny. Expecting that if your level of grade school arithmetic is what we can expect from you, that the likelihood of you misconstruing others' comments are probably pretty high.

Reactions: 4GX
No, this is the part where after you ask for an explanation of what the numbers will be for relative comparisons of two teams with regards to the Harbins, someone provides you with the answer you are seeking, and shows the numbers they used to compute them, and you say that that is completely wrong, they ask you to provide your corrective numbers and you don't respond, that we determine it is because you are incapable of either following along with the simple computations, or perform calculations of your own that are faulty enough to be laughable.

In short, not expecting you to laugh, nor for anyone to think that I am funny. Expecting that if your level of grade school arithmetic is what we can expect from you, that the likelihood of you misconstruing others' comments are probably pretty high.
I don't follow scripts. And, I'm not particularly interested in Harbins. Sorry ? See, you don't really know me at all.

Last edited:
I don't follow scripts. And, I'm not particularly interested in Harbins. Sorry ? See, you don't really know me at all.
Not interested in Harbins. Only when it serves my purpose he said from the other side of his mouth. Absolutely priceless