La Salle @ Trotwood-Madison, Week 9

GWOC kicked them out and they held their own in that league.
In football they did very well, they struggled to even field teams in other sports. The DPS league fits the total athletics of the school.
Trottwood will roll the Dayton public school league in football and now be competitive in the other sports but like WW, Colerain nd several others their glory days are behind them..

In football they did very well, they struggled to even field teams in other sports. The DPS league fits the total athletics of the school.
Trottwood will roll the Dayton public school league in football and now be competitive in the other sports but like WW, Colerain nd several others their glory days are behind them..
Didn’t the won a state championship in basketball while in the GWOC? Yeah they will be above the DPS teams but I think they will be fine going forward.

Don’t put WW in this conversation! With a good Freshman team and undefeated 7th & 8th grade team the well isn’t dry. This is a transition year for the new coach. When he gets things established, things will be fine!

WW Seems to have picked up someSteam last few weeks and I wouldn’t count them An easy out of the playoffs at all at least in region eight

And I don’t know what you can figure LS WILL do since they looked coming good out of the gate yesterday but then once the gate was shut And it was time to play football they just kind of moseyed around. Defense had it sporadic good moments and Offense looked awfully timid

Next week the game against Elder, they are going to be playing a team that Played Sharp , Both on O and D,very into the game they were playing and good coaching. Sad to say but right now after watching both teams last night LS may have to pull this one out of…

Don’t put WW in this conversation! With a good Freshman team and undefeated 7th & 8th grade team the well isn’t dry. This is a transition year for the new coach. When he gets things established, things will be fine! WW will be competitive in the new league in football for several more years dominating the league will be a tough task. Many programs have success at middle school or freshman level. Varsity is another story….During Colerain’s run the feeder programs were good but not dominating. The days of WW being able to match up weekly vs GCL or other powerhouse programs are gone. (Same as Colerain unless they merge with NW). They both had great runs and will be competitive but not as dominant as they once were, same with TM. On a side note, what position do you think will be upgraded with an underclassman next year for WW?

“Cheat” ? When ? How ? Who ? Which rules were violated. That’s a pretty pathetic statement if not followed be specifics and facts.
Entire Trotwood program became good because of cheating and recruiting. If you dont know that they you dont know Trotwood. It was all over the paper.

Can’t beat them, so they must be cheating. ?
When Trotwood became good where did Shaw and Roundtree come from? Why was Douglass suspended? Did they get players from Lima or Cincinnati or Columbus? Did the OHSAA ban some of thier coaches. The whole program was built on that. They became good because of that. Now its ended and suddenly they arent so good. Coincidence? No transfers or recruiting of players from other school and suddenly they arent so good.

Entire Trotwood program became good because of cheating and recruiting. If you dont know that they you dont know Trotwood. It was all over the paper.
Ok “parent”. Reference that “all over the paper” information. If it was “all over the paper”, surely there was some type of OHSAA penalty ? Prove your accusations “parent” ? The loss of players has more to do with families dispersed due the tornadoes not returning to the district. Name one, just ONE player from “Lima, Cincy etc” as you stated ? Watching the Rams demolish your team over time seems to have had a long lasting negative affect on your mental balance. So much so you say stuff without producing even one once of PROOF.
It appears your squad is 7th place in the League. Trotwoods fault ?

Last edited:
Ok “parent”. Reference that “all over the paper” information. If it was “all over the paper”, surely there was some type of OHSAA penalty ? Prove your accusations “parent” ? The loss of players has more to do with families dispersed due the tornadoes not returning to the district. Name one, just ONE player from “Lima, Cincy etc” as you stated ? Watching the Rams demolish your team over time seems to have had a long lasting negative affect on your mental balance. So much so you say stuff without producing even one once of PROOF.
It appears your squad is 7th place in the League. Trotwoods fault ?

2008 ? Trotwood has won State Titles after 2008. That the best you got “parent” ? That’s your excuse for YOUR team’s futility ?
Your program was built on that cheating. Your success was built on that cheating. Trotwood didnt get good until you cheated. Accept what you are. A program built on cheating. My team plays with the kids in town. Your team plays with the kids in your town and every other town. Deny it all you want its facts.

Your program was built on that cheating. Your success was built on that cheating. Trotwood didnt get good until you cheated. Accept what you are. A program built on cheating. My team plays with the kids in town. Your team plays with the kids in your town and every other town. Deny it all you want its facts.
Sounds like any rule-breaking was addressed. If more had occurred, it would have been addressed. It’s not Trotwood’s fault Butler isn’t that good. Not every program can be good.

Sounds like any rule-breaking was addressed. If more had occurred, it would have been addressed. It’s not Trotwood’s fault Butler isn’t that good. Not every program can be good.
Never said Trotwood had anything to do with Butler. That was some stupid post by someone else.

I love the hypocrisy by so many of these posters. One, any and everyone involved with that scandal in 2008 either graduated or no longer works for Trotwood-Madison City Schools. Trotwood didn't get good until we cheat? We made the playoffs several times before then. Everyone seems to focus on a 4-5 year period when we weren't that good to say we "didn't get good until 2008" or whatever, forgetting that we were putting athletes in D1 schools for years before that.

But further- why is a Butler fan even IN this thread? This game was La Salle vs. Trotwood. This week we play Bellbrook. You have no dog in this fight, yet here you are. I see all you posters though. You all couldn't WAIT for this. You couldn't WAIT for Trotwood to have a down year so you could have a 14 year old conversation about "cheating" or we don't use our own kids, or whatever. You all never seem to have that smoke for the CJs and Waynes of the world, do you? Kids have been transferring to those schools from other programs for over 25 years, but it's Trotwood this, Trotwood that. Sounds like you wish some of those kids would come over to Butler so you can remember what it's like to play football in November. I've been to more Trotwood playoff games at Butler's stadium against other schools than I have when we played each other regularly.

But it's cool. Like I said, you all could not wait for this. And it's fine, we knew what we were dealing with this year. We knew several kids moved, transferred, all that. We knew we were a team full of inexperienced sophomores and freshman playing big minutes and going through the fire. So enjoy it. Enjoy watching the Rams have a losing record, because these kids are young but talented, and there are some middle schoolers coming up that are going to set this area on FIRE. These 8th graders are the best group of 8th graders I've ever seen. So get your licks in now, enjoy punching down now, talk about "this isn't the same old Trotwood" NOW, because this region will belong to Trotwood once again very soon.

And we'll leave you to wax poetic about 2008 all you want.

Last edited:
I love the hypocrisy by so many of these posters. One, any and everyone involved with that scandal in 2008 either graduated or no longer works for Trotwood-Madison City Schools. Trotwood didn't get good until we cheat? We made the playoffs several times before then. Everyone seems to focus on a 4-5 year period when we weren't that good to say we "didn't get good until 2008" or whatever, forgetting that we were putting athletes in D1 schools for years before that.

But further- why is a Butler fan even IN this thread? This game was La Salle vs. Trotwood. This week we play Bellbrook. You have no dog in this fight, yet here you are. I see all you posters though. You all couldn't WAIT for this. You couldn't WAIT for Trotwood to have a down year so you could have a 14 year old conversation about "cheating" or we don't use our own kids, or whatever. You all never seem to have that smoke for the CJs and Waynes of the world, do you? Kids have been transferring to those schools from other programs for over 25 years, but it's Trotwood this, Trotwood that. Sounds like you wish some of those kids would come over to Butler so you can remember what it's like to play football in November. I've been to more Trotwood playoff games at Butler's stadium against other schools than I have when we played each other regularly.

But it's cool. Like I said, you all could not wait for this. And it's fine, we knew what we were dealing with this year. We knew several kids moved, transferred, all that. We knew we were a team full of inexperienced sophomores and freshman playing big minutes and going through the fire. So enjoy it. Enjoy watching the Rams have a losing record, because these kids are young but talented, and there are some middle schoolers coming up that are going to set this area on FIRE. These 8th graders are the best group of 8th graders I've ever seen. So get your licks in now, enjoy punching down now, talk about "this isn't the same old Trotwood" NOW, because this region will belong to Trotwood once again very soon.

And we'll leave you to wax poetic about 2008 all you want.
you are dumb to what I am saying. The Trotwood program that has won lots of game was built on cheating. They got caught in 2008 but it was happening before then. You pretend like it was a one time thing. Come on bro. Dont be naive.

Was CJ or Wayne ever found guilty of cheating? I dont remember it. When did that happen?

This is Yappi. I can post on any thread I want. If you dont like it then leave.

“Your program” ? I’ve never attended or coached for Trotwood a day in my life nor have I implied that I have. No dog in the fight. I just recognize nonsense when I see it.
There are numerous towns in Ohio WINNING with “their own kids”. Coach your young men up and don’t pass that whiny “why we can’t win” gene along.

Last edited:
you are dumb to what I am saying. The Trotwood program that has won lots of game was built on cheating. They got caught in 2008 but it was happening before then. You pretend like it was a one time thing. Come on bro. Dont be naive.

Was CJ or Wayne ever found guilty of cheating? I dont remember it. When did that happen?

This is Yappi. I can post on any thread I want. If you dont like it then leave.
Oh, I'm not dumb to what you're saying at all, I understand it quite clearly. Trotwood is having a down year, and here you come, banging a drum that hasn't been relevant in a decade and a half. But it's cool- there's absolutely nothing interesting about Butler football to talk about, so you want to come sit with the cool kids. I'm not mad at it.

As far as CJ and Wayne- sure, they didn't get "caught", but your point was about winning with "other people's kids". And again- they've been doing that for DECADES. Nobody seems to be mad about kids transferring over there. Every one of Wayne's state championship games had a roster FULL of players that transferred from other schools. And that's fine! Good for them! We didn't cry about it, we didn't write letters to OHSAA, we just strapped our helmets on and played football. It is what it is.

And since you want to make this "proof" argument...where was the "proof" that Trotwood cheated before 2008? Oh, there isn't any? So you demand proof for CJ and Wayne, but you just KNOW it was happening in Trotwood? Man get outta here. You just want Trotwood to be the bad guys.

If someone told you that your program would be caught "cheating", but after that they would win 3 state titles, 3 runner-ups, and 10 straight regional championships, you'd take it in a heartbeat. Please lie and say you wouldn't.