West Geauga coach suspended for Groupme message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do understand there are studies today that show gender identity is more than XY chromosomes developed in the womb right? You are choosing to allow discrimination against someone who has no control over their health. Literally born that way. It’s like depriving a type 1 diabetic if needed insulin because they were born without it. Terribly wrong and immoral.
??????????????

He already got himself in trouble with the video, took it down and was placed on super duper secret probation. If I were him and I wanted to ensure I still had a job,I would of been very careful, aware, alert of anything I did or said while teaching and coaching. Using a group text or chat to communicate any type of info IMHO is not very a good idea, you can make announcements through the school website.
That’s not true at all but clearly you know coach well so be brave and tell us who you are lol and every sport and every coach is given an app to communicate with their team. It’s also clear you are not a coach or a teacher or you would know these things just another simple minded fool trying to silence someone over their personal opinions.

Again, the coach put in a Groupme message, not the internet, how it was "time to get ready for playoffs. No parents antics, crybabies or quitters. Ride with him or kick rocks". I saw the message today. The fact that two kids quit the team crying this season makes me think that those comments were less name calling but true events that he does not want to happen again. The new AD suspended him for this message. That's right can't use that language.

The video was nothing but a guy professing his faith and disagreeing what schools are teaching. It was taken down in the summer, but not hate speech at all. It had like 60 views. The lesbian treasurer disagreed about what they heard and decided to make the coach's life difficult. The Superintendent could care less about athletics as his long record indicates. The new AD is just a puppet for him. There's a reason why they have had 5 ADs in 7 years. Like I said my buddy can't wait to get out of that S**t show. He and the parents were just notified this afternoon, 24 hours after he told the kids, 23 hours after the rest of the staff. I'll say it again, good luck to all coaching applicants come next
He already got himself in trouble with the video, took it down and was placed on super duper secret probation. If I were him and I wanted to ensure I still had a job,I would of been very careful, aware, alert of anything I did or said while teaching and coaching. Using a group text or chat to communicate any type of info IMHO is not very a good idea, you can make announcements through the school website.
Lightspeed84: hmmm you seem to know a lot about the situation, enlighten us all about this super duper secret suspension???

This entire thread sums up why the remaining 10 years of my teaching / coaching career are going to SUCK. Yappi is a microcosm of our society today and it's not good folks....it's not good.
Imagine what teachers went through when segregation in schools ended.

Science says there are two genders lol not 300 so your comment is completely invalid! Your chromosomes prove there are two genders amd that you are a blinded fool.
You're referring to sex, not gender

P
Sad world we live in when a coach can’t even coach! Don’t you dare tell a kid not to be a cry baby lol I’m my day we were called a lot worse. Sad this coach has to pay the price for a darn cry baby kid and his cry baby parents! Way to parent
Played in mid to late 70’s and coaches would not last a week today using the same means of discipline. Parents supported tough, hard discipline then. Now, they get upset if a coach even cusses. Time will tell if the “softening” of America will have negative consequences. I’m pretty sure it will.

Most I have seen about West G football since the alum coach left for Strongsville. Community is an interesting mix of Mayfield Rd Paisans, upper middle class suburbanites, and country bumpkins. Put them all in the same mixing bowl and you get some seriously dysfunctional schools. Most of the Paisans send their kids to Gilmour, NDCL or Lake Catholic so that leaves the Corporate Dems and the Trumpsters to duke it out, that is what is probably going on here. Does make for entertaining theater and the next board meeting should be must watch streaming in the coming days...

I also see nothing in the news about this situation, kudos to whoever is controlling the messaging from the school and boo to the coach and supporters for not getting in front of the situation while they can. Or is this all just smoke and the guy is still coaching and there are no issues except here?

I also see nothing in the news about this situation, kudos to whoever is controlling the messaging from the school and boo to the coach and supporters for not getting in front of the situation while they can. Or is this all just smoke and the guy is still coaching and there are no issues except here?

I vote for no issues except here. The mirror of society is overflowing with Trumpsters dumping their garbage everywhere. I see athletes today who are bigger, stronger, faster and better than yesterday. Boohoo John Wayne is dead, leading to whining white , Christian, straight tough guys on the Internet spewing bigoted, racist ,discriminatory positions on any and all subjects. Here’s a hint - the world moved on, ignore Neanderthals and generally do not endorse the mayhem you promote. Here’s another - why did a “god fearing” straight guy apply at a barbarian school like WG and think he could promote his “ doctrine “ while coaching football on the side. Sounds like he should be looking for a job in the Bible Belt , say Alabama where he can be a good ol boy

I vote for no issues except all of this drivel.

I vote for no issues except here. The mirror of society is overflowing with Trumpsters dumping their garbage everywhere. I see athletes today who are bigger, stronger, faster and better than yesterday. Boohoo John Wayne is dead, leading to whining white , Christian, straight tough guys on the Internet spewing bigoted, racist ,discriminatory positions on any and all subjects. Here’s a hint - the world moved on, ignore Neanderthals and generally do not endorse the mayhem you promote. Here’s another - why did a “god fearing” straight guy apply at a barbarian school like WG and think he could promote his “ doctrine “ while coaching football on the side. Sounds like he should be looking for a job in the Bible Belt , say Alabama where he can be a good ol boy

I vote for no issues except all of this drivel.
I vote for the liberal pukes constantly whining and crying about Johnny being told that have destroyed this country and all that goes with it. I vote for the man spewing hate in this thread that knows absolutely nothing about our coach or his beliefs but to be such a judgmental a** that’s what shows me what is wrong! It’s all you keyboard warriors angry that someone believes differently and you can’t accept it so you hate and Mae call weird right almost like the conservative or Christian is the one with a real target on their backs!

P

Played in mid to late 70’s and coaches would not last a week today using the same means of discipline. Parents supported tough, hard discipline then. Now, they get upset if a coach even cusses. Time will tell if the “softening” of America will have negative consequences. I’m pretty sure it will.
There is a big difference between being a disciplinarian and being abusive. Too many coaches (and others in positions of power) abused the power to mete out discipline and were physically and emotionally abusive. You can instill discipline and toughness in people without being insulting and demeaning.

This is what our weak, liberal marxist society is all about. Everybody is an equal. You can’t single out cry babies and quitters. Their parents know exactly who the coach is talking about. What a big meanie

This is what our weak, liberal marxist society is all about. Everybody is an equal. You can’t single out cry babies and quitters. Their parents know exactly who the coach is talking about. What a big meanie
1. How can you be both a Marxist and a liberal?
2. “We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness….”
3. Do you have anything better to do than trash teenagers?

Show me on this non-binary doll where the "Marxists" hurt you.

south-park-doll.jpg

This entire thread sums up why the remaining 10 years of my teaching / coaching career are going to SUCK. Yappi is a microcosm of our society today and it's not good folks....it's not good.
You are a 100% right. And the splineless in charge of these schools are the problem at most schools. And this is also an extension of society and nobody stands up for the loyal good guy and woman

This could be the worst “football” thread in Yappi history and I am truly embarrassed for having participated in it.
As for my part, I apologize. Should’ve moved the banter to the Debate forum long ago. Hope the best for the community and the coach moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.