Lasalle Lancers 2021

What will the Lancers record be this year during the regular season?

• 10-0

• 9-1

• 8-2

• 7-3

• 6-4

• 5-5

Results are only viewable after voting.
I only saw parts of the games so you may have something there. Could the kids be just a little worn out from all the constant having to play above their heads every game.? Let’s hope next year schedule is a little bit more forgiving.

I only saw parts of the games so you may have something there. Could the kids be just a little worn out from all the constant having to play above their heads every game.? Let’s hope next year schedule is a little bit more forgiving.
Yeah, they’re playing hard and will be a tremendously tough out in the playoffs. I still think the Lancers are better than every team in the area except X, West, Moeller and possibly Elder.

The schedule going forward will always be tough, especially since the GMC and ECC are going to 9-week schedules.

Last edited:
Freshman game is just a continuation of last night neither O or D line Can hold their own against a much smaller Reading team, secondary coverage is nonexistent down 12 to 0 at Reading At the half.

The freshman game was LaSalle’s B team against Readings JV team. If LaSalle played their 1st team freshman squad, it wouldn’t have been close. But, LaSalle’s tackling and coverage on D looked terrible.

The freshman game was LaSalle’s B team against Readings JV team. If LaSalle played their 1st team freshman squad, it wouldn’t have been close. But, LaSalle’s tackling and coverage on D looked terrible.

This is what I was thinking it was. The frosh QB, Pat's son, played a little at the end on Friday so I wonder if a few more freshmen also got in.

This is what I was thinking it was. The frosh QB, Pat's son, played a little at the end on Friday so I wonder if a few more freshmen also got in.
Yes, a few freshman got in during Friday’s game. I’m guessing with the injures varsity has, a search for depth is happening. Pretty much no freshman starters played in the Reading game and if they did, they were out of position. The normal D-End was playing Qb the entire game. Bad thing is a few players were injured, seems to be the theme unfortunately for LaSalle this year.

Yes, a few freshman got in during Friday’s game. I’m guessing with the injures varsity has, a search for depth is happening. Pretty much no freshman starters played in the Reading game and if they did, they were out of position. The normal D-End was playing Qb the entire game. Bad thing is a few players were injured, seems to be the theme unfortunately for LaSalle this year.
Really feels a lot like 2018 in that the roster has some nice players, but just doesn’t have enough to match up with the GCL and schools like Cathedral. The good thing is they’ll make the playoffs this time and it sounds like a couple good classes are on the way.

Really feels a lot like 2018 in that the roster has some nice players, but just doesn’t have enough to match up with the GCL and schools like Cathedral. The good thing is they’ll make the playoffs this time and it sounds like a couple good classes are on the way.
Definitely some serious talent coming up and I think some of the injured will be back come playoff time.

BESIDES THE 3 GCL TEAMS, WHICH OF THE OTHER SCHOOLS PLAYED THIS YEAR WILL BE ON THE SCHEDULE NEXT YEAR ??

BESIDES THE 3 GCL TEAMS, WHICH OF THE OTHER SCHOOLS PLAYED THIS YEAR WILL BE ON THE SCHEDULE NEXT YEAR ??
Two more years with Cathedral. I'd imagine Trinity will be at Lancer Stadium next year and I hope Colerain is there for Week 1. I guess there will be no more Week 2 against WW.

Looks like no more week 2 with ECC or GMC .... who else is opting for a 9 game in-conference schedule?

Will we be Heading back to GWOC?

The GWOC and big northern Kentucky schools might be good options unless the GCL schools want to start molly whopping SWOC and CHL teams.

unlike 2018 to 19 next year I just don't see a major turn around one most of our roster is seniors unlike then when it was mostly sophomores and Juniors so we wont be returning a lot plus mattingly would probably start again next year because Reynolds doesnt have reps and Little McLaughlin is still raw

unlike 2018 to 19 next year I just don't see a major turn around one most of our roster is seniors unlike then when it was mostly sophomores and Juniors so we wont be returning a lot plus mattingly would probably start again next year because Reynolds doesnt have reps and Little McLaughlin is still raw
maybe in two years though will be the turnaround

I think there is good talent in the current sophomore class for next year and a great class coming up right behind them. Hopefully it translates into success.

I think Mattingly’s biggest issue, at least the past two games I attended, are drops. Last Friday especially, it was drop after drop.

Oh well. Two winnable games to close the regular season and hopefully a couple games in the playoffs.

3EA3124B-77AC-4944-89B4-381C41B9F836.jpeg

Gi Bran Payne hurt again? His stats just don't match what I would have expected from a 4 star recruit committed to Indiana with offers from UC and Alabama. Lasalle has a strong offensive line so I don't know understand why he's not getting 30 carries a game and riding the run game? I guess he hasn't been 100% all season? Another ankle sprain?

Looks like I was right on the money …. 5 games
Right now we are fifth in the harbins, one more win may keep us in the top eight to get a first round home game, two wins may be required to guarantee us a spot in the top eight for that elusive first round home game in the playoffs not that it matters unless we end us with a first rounder against Winton Woods.

Last edited:
Gi Bran Payne hurt again? His stats just don't match what I would have expected from a 4 star recruit committed to Indiana with offers from UC and Alabama. Lasalle has a strong offensive line so I don't know understand why he's not getting 30 carries a game and riding the run game? I guess he hasn't been 100% all season? Another ankle sprain?
It looks to me, that once he signed, he lost all interest in playing.

It looks to me, that once he signed, he lost all interest in playing.
I haven't seen it that way. But he certainly hasn't played well on offense. He's not alone, though. The OL was supposed to be a strength and it hasn't looked that way at all ... at least to me. The receiving crew has been the weakest part of a weak offense. Far too many drops and not much blocking either.

All that said, two more regular-season games and the playoffs coming up to make it a memorable season.

I'm sure the Moeller game was a big disappointment, but the last 2 weeks they have played Top 25 in the nation caliber teams in Cathedral and St. Xavier. I think Lasalle will be ready come playoff time. They've been plenty tested against the best.