Winless Louisville Trinity* upsets #9 X!!!

Very surprising especially losing to an 0-5 team. Hard to defend you all here X fans. They are still the best team in the city without question. This just goes to show they can be beat.
Why is it doom & gloom??
This just reinforces why Ohio D1 teams need to play X...so the games matter. I hope people understand it's hard to fill the schedule when you only have 3 conference opponents...Net-net, Ohio D1 teams plz stop declining games.
This win was more important for Trinity's season than a loss for X's season. X will be fine...and now, even hungrier....Truly happy for those young men at Trinity but I would still rather be 6-1 than 1-6...

Why is it doom & gloom??
This just reinforces why Ohio D1 teams need to play X...so the games matter. I hope people understand it's hard to fill the schedule when you only have 3 conference opponents...Net-net, Ohio D1 teams plz stop declining games.
This win was more important for Trinity's season than a loss for X's season. X will be fine...and now, even hungrier....Truly happy for those young men at Trinity but I would still rather be 6-1 than 1-6...
Bro every game matters stop the cap

Bro every game matters stop the cap
Yes. Neither team was fighting for their playoff life, given the postseason setup in their respective state. So, last night Trinity had a good game plan and came to play. Someone said it earlier, St X kids probably took them lightly. The only thing St X lost (beside the game) was any chance of a National Rank now, or at the end of the season.
But, can we stop hearing all the hype about this X team?! And how they compare with the great Cincy teams of years past?!
X has 2 goals left, GCL and State. Still should be able to meet both, but last night makes things a little more interesting.

Last edited:
Why is it doom & gloom??
Nobody is saying X won’t be fine? Lol. We know they are fine. Just a horrible loss period. Proves like I said they can be beat and they better be ready in the playoffs when they have a West team that is gelling and destroying people.

Yes, Trinity hadn't won a game. Of course, a lot of other teams would have been winless against the schedule they had played. This isn't that big an upset. It also seems to be an obvious case of a team looking ahead.

Seriously. With their schedule. They’d have to play someone. lol
They play Centerville on Friday who is rated in the state top 10 and who has a nationally rated qb. They already beat Wayne who was rated in the top 10 earlier. And they beat St. Ignatius who is having a pretty good year as they beat Hoban. Plus, SHS hasn't lost any home games to winless teams. That should count for something with the pollsters.

I was at the game and here are my takes:

-- Trinity has the best RB StX has seen all season. The kid was a beast.
-- Trinity has the best QB StX has seen all season. He threw dimes and was a true dual threat QB with pinpoint accuracy on his throws
-- Trinity was popping pads the entire game.
-- Trinity Kicker was a stud. Made a 53 yard FG at the end of the first half which proved to be huge in the final score

-- StX came out flat on defense
-- StX lost their #1 WR at the end of the 1st half and it showed
-- StX lost one of their top CBs to an injury and Trinity went after his replacement
-- StX didn't make enough adjustments on Defense

I would like to think this loss for StX will be a blessing in disguise. This team probably needed to be humbled a little bit. They have been dominating their competition all season and for the first time got challenged for four quarters. Trinity is the best 0-5 high school team I have ever seen. Nobody wants to play them in the KY playoffs.

StX needs to get healthy on offense. They were missing two offensive threats (RB2, WR1) at the end of this game and they need those guys. Health is going to be the name of the game to win the state title this season. Having to play 16 high school football games is tough and it will be almost impossible for teams to avoid key injuries.

-- Trinity has the best QB StX has seen all season. He threw dimes and was a true dual threat QB with pinpoint accuracy on his throws
-- Trinity Kicker was a stud. Made a 53 yard FG at the end of the first half which proved to be huge in the final score

-- StX lost one of their top CBs to an injury and Trinity went after his replacement

I would like to think this loss for StX will be a blessing in disguise. This team probably needed to be humbled a little bit. They have been dominating their competition all season and for the first time got challenged for four quarters. Trinity is the best 0-5 high school team I have ever seen. Nobody wants to play them in the KY playoffs.

StX needs to get healthy on offense. They were missing two offensive threats (RB2, WR1) at the end of this game and they need those guys. Health is going to be the name of the game to win the state title this season. Having to play 16 high school football games is tough and it will be almost impossible for teams to avoid key injuries.
Agree with most of this - Trinity is a much better team than their record, and their kicker is a trusted weapon for them. I know quite a few students that were quite unhappy that X didn't try for the FG on 4th down. Not sure about the RB and QB being the best X has seen, but the Trinity offensive game plan was by far the best X had faced. X was living in their backfield, but the traps, draws, screens, and escapability of the QB defeated this, along with the defense being absolutely flat. This game reminded me so much of the Elder playoff game from 19, and their QB did a great impression of Luebbe.

Kemper being out hurt in the backfield, X was not giving his replacement the needed help. I was really worried about what would happen if McFarlin went out at WR. He seems to be the only WR BMc has rhythm with, and it showed, especially on the last series. Not too worried about the offense, they kept them in the game. The defense finally got a good punch in the mouth- they'll get better though. Remember, the defense that was lock down in the playoffs last year got lit up by Ignatius in week 8-9.

The most disappointing aspect was that X was outcoached. The offense missed a number of wide open plays, the defense made zero adjustment the entire game, and aside from the punt block, special teams struggled. The team was not prepared on defense AT ALL- it looked like they were continually trying to cruise on talent- that's on the coaches. The first down call in the final 4 downs made zero sense- a short route over the middle with no time outs?!

I would not want to be in those StX practices this week, that's for sure.

After all their dooshbaggery so far this season with the worst X schedule ever garbage, this is really comical.
It is the worst X schedule in a decade or two-- even WITH Trinity being far better than its record coming in indicated. The Harbin ratings (and points) prove that.

Last edited:
Yep. But aside from the schadenfreude regarding ReLoad and his alter ego, I'm stunned. La Salle ran all over Trinity a couple weeks ago. I think at the end of the day, a bunch of 15-to-18-year-olds just looked past another group of kids they should not have looked past.
This is not what happened-- the Trinity team that played LaSalle is NOT the same team that lined up against X Friday night; the X team that played the first 6 games this season is NOT the same team that lined up against Trinity Friday night; X will beat LaSalle with a running clock-- I'll make a wager on that right now.

X got outcoached tonight. Worse than I've seen in the Specht Era. They looked completely unprepared on defense. The offense put up 32 points- you should NEVER lose a game when you score 32. Trinity has some talent on offense, and took full advantage of X's aggressive defensive scheme. Glad to get kicked in the teeth now than in week 11 or after. This is going to be a rough week of practice.
Extenuating circumstances for X's defense (3 starters out)-- see the post in the other thread on this game-- does not negate what you've said-- but it makes it more understandable.

Most of what you posted above is accurate-- but the Trinity RB did nothing in this game-- check the stats-- it was ALL the QB. Also, X was missing 3 starters (including two DBs), and that ended up being a big factor in the game (especially the bigger DB, who would have been covering Trinity's big TE).

Agree with most of this - Trinity is a much better team than their record, and their kicker is a trusted weapon for them. I know quite a few students that were quite unhappy that X didn't try for the FG on 4th down. Not sure about the RB and QB being the best X has seen, but the Trinity offensive game plan was by far the best X had faced. X was living in their backfield, but the traps, draws, screens, and escapability of the QB defeated this, along with the defense being absolutely flat. This game reminded me so much of the Elder playoff game from 19, and their QB did a great impression of Luebbe.

Kemper being out hurt in the backfield, X was not giving his replacement the needed help. I was really worried about what would happen if McFarlin went out at WR. He seems to be the only WR BMc has rhythm with, and it showed, especially on the last series. Not too worried about the offense, they kept them in the game. The defense finally got a good punch in the mouth- they'll get better though. Remember, the defense that was lock down in the playoffs last year got lit up by Ignatius in week 8-9.

The most disappointing aspect was that X was outcoached. The offense missed a number of wide open plays, the defense made zero adjustment the entire game, and aside from the punt block, special teams struggled. The team was not prepared on defense AT ALL- it looked like they were continually trying to cruise on talent- that's on the coaches. The first down call in the final 4 downs made zero sense- a short route over the middle with no time outs?!

I would not want to be in those StX practices this week, that's for sure.
This was maybe the biggest head-scratcher of the game-- it was damn lucky (for X) that that pass wasn't completed-- they would have gotten off (at most) one more play, if that pass was caught. The biggest problem for X on defense were the two missing DBs, leaving the Trinity TE almost undefendable, at least in the second half-- as you've noted.

Spot on with the Leubbe reference-- or go back to the QB from Highlands ~15 years ago-- or Smoot last year-- or Braxton Miller a decade ago-- or Cathedral last year (or several other years).

This was maybe the biggest head-scratcher of the game-- it was damn lucky (for X) that that pass wasn't completed-- they would have gotten off (at most) one more play, if that pass was caught. The biggest problem for X on defense were the two missing DBs, leaving the Trinity TE almost undefendable, at least in the second half-- as you've noted.

Spot on with the Leubbe reference-- or go back to the QB from Highlands ~15 years ago-- or Smoot last year-- or Braxton Miller a decade ago-- or Cathedral last year (or several other years).
X got exposed just like Notre Dame did yesterday

We'll see-- I don't consider your evaluation of the game to have much accuracy.
My evaluation is based on the facts and game stats which you don't seem to want to accept. What will your excuses be if and when Lasalle exposes X next? The biggest proof of how Trinity exposed X was how they marched downfield on their final game winning TD drive. They had it 1st n goal at the 1 but they deliberately wasted the 1st three downs to kill clock and force X to use all remaining TOs. Then, they easily punched it in on 4th down according to plan because they knew X couldnt stop them and had no defense. Again, just like ND yesterday. Both fully exposed and revealed in the cozy confines of home.

Last edited:
We already have a thread for this game. Mods, please close this:

My evaluation is based on the facts and game stats which you don't seem to want to accept. What will your excuses be if and when Lasalle exposes X next? The biggest proof of how Trinity exposed X was how they marched downfield on their final game winning TD drive. They had it 1st n goal at the 1 but they deliberately wasted the 1st three downs to kill clock and force X to use all remaining TOs. Then, they easily punched it in on 4th down according to plan because they knew X couldnt stop them and had no defense. Again, just like ND yesterday. Both fully exposed and revealed in the cozy confines of home.
You keep thinkin' that. As I said, we'll see. I like X's chances to win against anyone in the state this year. Your evaluation of the X/Trinity game is probably the least credible one I've seen/read-- and I've read the game summary stats as well. I have no concerns about X vs. LaSalle next week.

You keep thinkin' that. As I said, we'll see. I like X's chances to win against anyone in the state this year. Your evaluation of the X/Trinity game is probably the least credible one I've seen/read-- and I've read the game summary stats as well. I have no concerns about X vs. LaSalle next week.
But you're also biased in favor of St X. So, you have no credibility with me. And I like Springfield's chances against anyone in Ohio this year too.

If X plays their best, they likely win another championship... However, after having seen Pick North beat Pick Central despite having been physically manhandled in every possible manner for 47+ minutes, and now X losing to a winless team, nothing is impossible... I guess that's what makes it fun!

If X plays their best, they likely win another championship... However, after having seen Pick North beat Pick Central despite having been physically manhandled in every possible manner for 47+ minutes, and now X losing to a winless team, nothing is impossible... I guess that's what makes it fun!
Thats my point all along. Everyone had been saying it will be St X v St Eds at the end and no one else has a chance. And that's simply not true. There's a few good teams capable of winning it all. Marysville looks pretty good right now too.

But you're also biased in favor of St X. So, you have no credibility with me. And I like Springfield's chances against anyone in Ohio this year too.
I'm not looking for credibility with you-- you're not rational, when it comes to the team you support-- nor when it comes to the teams that threaten your hopes for the team you support. I'm also not posting that Springfield has no chance, and has been revealed as a fraud, the way you are about X. There's no point in debating this now-- it will all be sorted out, in 7 or 8 weeks-- at which point, I'm very confident that you will be eating your words-- or would be, if you ever acknowledged being wrong about anything.

I'm not looking for credibility with you-- you're not rational, when it comes to the team you support-- nor when it comes to the teams that threaten your hopes for the team you support. I'm also not posting that Springfield has no chance, and has been revealed as a fraud, the way you are about X. There's no point in debating this now-- it will all be sorted out, in 7 or 8 weeks-- at which point, I'm very confident that you will be eating your words-- or would be, if you ever acknowledged being wrong about anything.
So far, I'm right. X was exposed as a fraud, given how X fans had built them up into this invincible machine that can't be scored upon. That its a preordained foregone conclusion they will win State again while Springfield or anyone else from R2 stands no chance in the state semifinal game. Trinity exposed that none of that is true. In the 2d half, Trinity scored on every drive except for the fumble. And the way they were driving, they probably would have hit paydirt then too. And, if and when Springfield loses at home to a winless team that rips their defense to shreds, I will acknowledge that and eat my words. I just wish St X fans would reciprocate that. And how could you or anyone possibly suggest Springfield is a fraud. They're undefeated, have the best defense and qb in the state of Ohio and are currently ranked above St X and every GCL and GMC team n the polls.

Last edited: