All electric vehicles...will not work.

You said everybody in your family is gifted a farm at 18. Did it farm itself while you were in college? Where did you go to school?
So you think you you can make a living off of 80 acres? See...you should just back out of this conversation. You are clueless.

So you think you you can make a living off of 80 acres? See...you should just back out of this conversation. You are clueless.
Sure it depends on what you do with it. Listen….I’m not the dude that bragged about being a “top 5“ land owner in the county as some kind of badge of honor. If that does not allow you to support yourself, then don’t use it as a justification for your great grandfather immigrating. I’m sure most of those Haitians will find a place to live without it being given to them and that since they can’t live off that place, they will get a job, too.

Sure it depends on what you do with it. Listen….I’m not the dude that bragged about being a “top 5“ land owner in the county as some kind of badge of honor. If that does not allow you to support yourself, then don’t use it as a justification for your great grandfather immigrating. I’m sure most of those Haitians will find a place to live without it being given to them and that since they can’t live off that place, they will get a job, too.
Again. You lack both intelligence and reading comprehension skills. Ireference to you saying my great great grandfather was poor and lacked skills I said that my family (all of his descendants with the same last name ) represent the top 5 land owners in the county. He didn’t set them up like that by buying 40k cars.
And in no way can you make a living off of 80 acres.

Again. You lack both intelligence and reading comprehension skills. Ireference to you saying my great great grandfather was poor and lacked skills I said that my family (all of his descendants with the same last name ) represent the top 5 land owners in the county. He didn’t set them up like that by buying 40k cars.
And in no way can you make a living off of 80 acres.
I'm sure great grandfather was not flush with cash in 1840 as a wood shoemaker. I'm also quite sure he had more in common with immigrants today than he didn't.

I fully understand what you said about being a top 5 county land owner. I just don't get what it has to do with immigration especially since the sum of all that land can not sustain the owner's existence. It was a super odd anecdote in the context of the discussion.

Obviously, the Tesoro family has not been "set up" in such a stunning way AND drive average priced cars, but many others certainly accomplish both.

There are plenty of ways to make a living off 80 acres that don't include farming corn or beans or raising livestock.

I'm sure great grandfather was not flush with cash in 1840 as a wood shoemaker. I'm also quite sure he had more in common with immigrants today than he didn't.

I fully understand what you said about being a top 5 county land owner. I just don't get what it has to do with immigration especially since the sum of all that land can not sustain the owner's existence. It was a super odd anecdote in the context of the discussion.

Obviously, the Tesoro family has not been "set up" in such a stunning way AND drive average priced cars, but many others certainly accomplish both.

There are plenty of ways to make a living off 80 acres that don't include farming corn or beans or raising livestock.
You have the cart before the horse no bank or loan institution will give a loan to buy the farm or house, they will need to get the job first and it will have to be better than minimum wage and after seeing most of those that are coming across the border do not seem to have degrees and lots of advanced training, best I can see is multiple family units living together in low income housing or having it Govt assisted.

You could be right about making a living off 80 ,but sadly why does my mind go to the growing of crops that are not legal to make it happen.

And since this is a thread about electric vehicles I do not see any of these border crossers being in the waiting line for such vehicles any time soon. More like the buy here pay here line I would guess.

Last edited:
All it would take to multiply this by 1000 would be for a really big volcano in Indonesia to start erupting and spewing particles into the upper atmosphere.The resulting cool down would force a frenzied return to oil & coal fired energy generation.

It is deeply irresponsible not to build over capacity & redundancies in energy production. Cut off the power and civilization returns to the middle ages in a matter of months (or less).

All it would take to multiply this by 1000 would be for a really big volcano in Indonesia to start erupting and spewing particles into the upper atmosphere.The resulting cool down would force a frenzied return to oil & coal fired energy generation.

It is deeply irresponsible not to build over capacity & redundancies in energy production. Cut off the power and civilization returns to the middle ages in a matter of months (or less).

A volacano or asteroid strike would be quite the sick irony. These climate change fanatics are arrogant to think humans have that much control over mother nature...

You have the cart before the horse no bank or loan institution will give a loan to buy the farm or house, they will need to get the job first and it will have to be better than minimum wage and after seeing most of those that are coming across the border do not seem to have degrees and lots of advanced training, best I can see is multiple family units living together in low income housing or having it Govt assisted.

You could be right about making a living off 80 ,but sadly why does my mind go to the growing of crops that are not legal to make it happen.

And since this is a thread about electric vehicles I do not see any of these border crossers being in the waiting line for such vehicles any time soon. More like the buy here pay here line I would guess.
In 1840 land was practically free in this country if you had the sack to go claim it. That's why people came here back then. Today, buying or having 80 acres given to you is not a prerequisite for immigration.

I think that we should progressively start the switch to more electric vehicles. Last year I bought a Tesla, and honestly I think electric cars are better than fuel. The stat where you can only charge three cars is just totally wrong.

I think that we should progressively start the switch to more electric vehicles. Last year I bought a Tesla, and honestly I think electric cars are better than fuel. The stat where you can only charge three cars is just totally wrong.
The fact that you just said you bought a Tesla betrays your privilege. For the majority of people in the country, electric vehicles are just not viable economically. You are surely in an idealized bubble where you post your little moral beliefs on this forum without thinking.

Any issues with the Tesla in the cold/snow?

The fact that you just said you bought a Tesla betrays your privilege. For the majority of people in the country, electric vehicles are just not viable economically. You are surely in an idealized bubble where you post your little moral beliefs on this forum without thinking.
stated an opinion on how I like electric cars for the future, and you immediately pull the privilege card. Sorry I work a job and went to college...

stated an opinion on how I like electric cars for the future, and you immediately pull the privilege card. Sorry I work a job and went to college...
Sorry I didn't know this website required a four year degree (scam) for your opinion to matter. I went to a trade school and have a good union career and make more than many of my friends who attended college. This kind of elitism is what causes people to not take you seriously.

Sorry I didn't know this website required a four year degree (scam) for your opinion to matter. I went to a trade school and have a good union career and make more than many of my friends who attended college. This kind of elitism is what causes people to not take you seriously.
Did you get hit by an electric vehicle or something?

You post claims about how electric vehicles are better. Maybe put more thought into who you support?
And I can imagine you have worn Nike before? I can't do anything about how Elon runs his business, but he makes a damn good vehicle

But the Maverick runs on gasoline right? It's a hybrid and I absolutely can see hybrids coming to dominate the vehicle industry. But this thread started by Tesoro opined that converting to ALL ELECTRIC vehicles would not work and that is correct. Why you guys throw out gasoline powered hybrids as a counter argument is beyond me.
They already work. There are over a million of them being driven in the US in 2021.
I stopped a guy in the Home Depot parking lot that had a Tesla. ( About 2 hours ago) He pulled in beside me as I was leaving. I asked him how he liked it. "Best car he's ever had." He then told me that the biggest thing right now is planning trips but his driving is very predictable, so he has figured it out. He Travels to Pittsburgh and Columbus and had to figure that all out, but he said it's no big deal.

He said his biggest thing is he thinks a truck would be the way to go. He has to borrow his dads truck every once in a while, but he would with any car.

They already work. There are over a million of them being driven in the US in 2021.

I stopped a guy in the Home Depot parking lot that had a Tesla. ( About 2 hours ago) He pulled in beside me as I was leaving. I asked him how he liked it. "Best car he's ever had." He then told me that the biggest thing right now is planning trips but his driving is very predictable, so he has figured it out. He Travels to Pittsburgh and Columbus and had to figure that all out, but he said it's no big deal.

He said his biggest thing is he thinks a truck would be the way to go. He has to borrow his dads truck every once in a while, but he would with any car.
I haven’t really took my Tesla on a trip that may have required me to stop and charge. Farthest I have gone was 4 hours of total driving. If I were required to charge on the trip I would probably take my wife’s car. For an everyday car that I use for my 20 minute drive to the office everyday, I don’t imagine driving any other car anytime soon.

I haven’t really took my Tesla on a trip that may have required me to stop and charge. Farthest I have gone was 4 hours of total driving. If I were required to charge on the trip I would probably take my wife’s car. For an everyday car that I use for my 20 minute drive to the office everyday, I don’t imagine driving any other car anytime soon.
My issue with electric cars is that we do not currently have a robust enough infrastructure to support long range driving. Plus the argument that it is better for the environment is irrelevant until the majority of our power comes from green energy sources.

My issue with electric cars is that we do not currently have a robust enough infrastructure to support long range driving. Plus the argument that it is better for the environment is irrelevant until the majority of our power comes from green energy sources.
I said it was a great everyday car. Never said it was good on road trips. And it’s a good start to better the environment