Week 6: Elder(2-3) vs. St. Xavier(5-0)

You are not mentally stable is the truth. You need to talk to a mental health professional.
And right on cue, the insult defense mechanism. More truth bombs.

An entire forum that refuses to look themselves in the mirror Because of pride and ego. That’s the ultimate psychological discussion here.

For people who say the OL’s size doesn’t matter, rewatch the first series of the game. I think they should at least consider bringing the Freshman James up to Varsity.

Last edited:
For people who say the OL’s size doesn’t matter, rewatch the first series of the game.
Of course it matters, it’s just another defense mechanism dude. Seriously, these people don’t argue with you because of logic, they argue with you because they can’t stand that you’re right.

I recommend Dr Smith & Wesson
You block me, unblock me, block me, unblock me. But you can’t help yourself - you always have to know what I’m posting because you know I’m one of the few here that tell it like it is.

Your ONE way of relating to the rest of this forum is ostracizing me - you are my pawn. That is truly me living rent free in your head. And that’s the cold hard truth my brother.

I suggest you simply block me again because your psyche can’t handle the big boy world.

Last edited:
And there’s no downplaying Elder’s issues. They’re a seriously flawed team but this is one season. Two years ago they played for a state title, clearly there’s some good things in the Program. However, they still have some things they need to do better, the top priority being getting in more outside talent. That’s an undeniable fact.

And there’s no downplaying Elder’s issues. They’re a seriously flawed team but this is one season. Two years ago they played for a state title, clearly there’s some good things in the Program. However, they still have some things they need to do better, the top priority being getting in more outside talent. That’s an undeniable fact.
Next years team goes 1-9 / 2-8 with this schedule.

Elder will be fine. It's a down year so what. These things are cylical. Several of the X seniors started 2 years ago when Elder beat them twice. But now these X boys became men.

What X is doing unbelievably well right now is off-season and in-season strength and conditioning. I don't know what Elder or any other program is doing, but I would get the best strength coach possible. X is winning more from 3 years of development. The X seniors were not great as freshman.

Lol. You're such a pud and so hated by your community that you were banned from games and are openly mocked on Yappi. Everything I've heard about you suggests that you're either a belligerent drunk or have some sort of mental illness. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so sad and scary. You really should get off Yappi and spend more time talking care of the many things that are wrong with you.

(In the meantime, I'll patiently wait for another fat joke. Just kidding, I'm done reading your dumb commentary.)
When’s the last time you could see your pud? You’re the one trying to troll the forum. And you should consider yourself lucky since your kind were wiped out by Corona like buffalo on the Great Plains.

Last edited:
Elder will be fine. It's a down year so what. These things are cylical. Several of the X seniors started 2 years ago when Elder beat them twice. But now these X boys became men.

What X is doing unbelievably well right now is off-season and in-season strength and conditioning. I don't know what Elder or any other program is doing, but I would get the best strength coach possible. X is winning more from 3 years of development. The X seniors were not great as freshman.

One noticeable things is the size of X. Their front 6 on defense all look the same, tall and big legs. They are doing something right with their strength training. Building size most notably.

The difference I saw wasn’t just stronger kids. It was speed, agility, athleticism, power, confidence.

Does X do any specialized work for their skill guys? The difference in athleticism was glaring, even with the second teams.

Someone like Liam Hulen who is a 6'4" 205 junior needs to come in next year 6'4" 245. That can be done with a commitment in the off season. The same with Henry Heitz, Freeman, McKenna, Dugan, Arnold. These underclassman need a commitment to get bigger and stronger with football being their main focus.

The difference I saw wasn’t just stronger kids. It was speed, agility, athleticism, power, confidence.

Does X do any specialized work for their skill guys? The difference in athleticism was glaring, even with the second teams.

The second team? Weren't these the kids that aren't the chosen ones not getting their shot? Well, they got their shot.

The second team? Weren't these the kids that aren't the chosen ones not getting their shot? Well, they got their shot.
Their fates were determined in 7th grade. That’s how it works. Everybody falls in love with the dominating grade school redshirts.

Happens every year and people never learn. Why do we need development? We have 7th grade studs!!!

Then the freshman team will go undefeated and JV teams will dominate because the other teams best underclassmen are already playing varsity because they focused on development rather than going 10-0 and everyone will wonder what happened with varsity. Repeat every decade.

Its like doing your taxes on paper compared to using software. Old school approach to athletics and scared to death to change it up.

Last edited:
One noticeable things is the size of X. Their front 6 on defense all look the same, tall and big legs. They are doing something right with their strength training. Building size most notably.
That’s not usually the case. The S&C program for Elder is just fine, they’re just stuck with small kid this year.

Someone like Liam Hulen who is a 6'4" 205 junior needs to come in next year 6'4" 245. That can be done with a commitment in the off season. The same with Henry Heitz, Freeman, McKenna, Dugan, Arnold. These underclassman need a commitment to get bigger and stronger with football being their main focus.
Freeman got bigger from last yr and I’m sure he’ll continue to add size. Hulen is a wrestler, so I imagine trying to stay in his weight class holds him back a bit. The other 4 are Soph & Frosh and will continue to get bigger.

The problem isn’t with the kids or the coaches. It’s with the strategic direction and the unwillingness to change and adapt. Period.

That starts and ends with leadership courage and vision. Period.

The problem isn’t with the kids or the coaches. It’s with the strategic direction and the unwillingness to change and adapt. Period.

That starts and ends with leadership courage and vision. Period.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... The same crap over and over again.

Why don't you just come out and say what you really want to say without sugar coating it. Then tell us where you are going to go to get these "athletes" and how you're going to pay for it?..... Leadership scholarships?

Why don't you just come out and say what you really want to say without sugar coating it. Then tell us where you are going to go to get these "athletes" and how you're going to pay for it?..... Leadership scholarships?
What am I sugarcoating?

They need better players - you either go get them, develop them better, or a combination of both. You don’t let your best underclassmen sit around waiting “their turn”.

All these things are highly legal and ethical.

You can continue your inferiority blah blah blah response all you want. There’s nothing wrong with that approach, I don’t know why everyone says it’s “bad” or “illegal”.

You only say that because you know it will result in most of the entitled westside Johnny’s riding the pine (the entitlement part is most from the daddy’s).

You don’t have to do anything against the rules. As I’ve said many times, hosting events like these games are a great idea and good way to get non feeder kids interested. There’s a middle ground bw recruiting and giving athletic scholarships and just twiddling your thumbs somehow hoping a declining feeder system will pump out enough talent to compete.

Trey is an idiot dbag, but you’re stuck on this idea that anything other than Westside Catholic School kids is cheating. It’s not and you need to get with the times. The feeder system is always going to be the foundation but they do not (usually) have the skill players in the league to help Elder compete with the top dogs in D1.

Last edited:
They call it cheating because it has resulted in some of their top competitors owning them over the last 10-15 years.

Inferiority 101

And as I’ve said before, I have no issue with them stating “we’re a school for westside Catholic feeder kids”.

That’s fine, but then if that’s the case, competing at the highest levels of D1 doesn’t mesh with that. Not with the way the competitive landscape has changed.

Who pays for it and how? And how is giving "leadership scholarships" to potential athletes fair to other kids who's families can't afford to send them to Elder?

So what is your financial plan to make Elder more inclusive..... And by more inclusive you mean more black athletes.

Who pays for it and how? And how is giving "leadership scholarships" to potential athletes fair to other kids who's families can't afford to send them to Elder?

So what is your financial plan to make Elder more inclusive..... And by more inclusive you mean more black athletes.
I’m starkly against giving away tuition for athletes. I’ve made that abundantly clear. All I want is to get as many kids on campus to shadow as possible.

How does Moeller pay for it? How does St X pay for it? How does St Ed’s pay for it? Are all of these school just hemorrhaging cash to recruit athletes? I seriously doubt it.

Like I said, Elder doesn’t have to do this - but if they don’t, they have no shot against the schools that do.

And I could care less what color they are. To compete against these type of schools, you need better talent.

Everyone always gives the “it’s not fair” argument. This is exactly my point about the westside world view. If it means you’re taking away from me and mine, then screw that, that money (and opportunity) is entitled to me.

EXACTLY the mindset I’m talking about. Thank you, AGAIN, for telling me how dumb I am yet proving my point in the same sentence.

Last edited:
You say this like that's not what's actually important. I don't know how Elder does it (sounds like you and pboy are in the minority), but winning should be secondary to personal development. I'm all for a little smack to add some atmosphere, but don't be that old man that freaks out because some 17 year old didn't live up to your expectations. ?
So you’re saying as long as the tailgating is fun and the kids are smiling and growing as people, winning isn’t important at St X? GTFOH with that BS.

You know that’s not true.

You don’t have to do anything against the rules. As I’ve said many times, hosting events like these games are a great idea and good way to get non feeder kids interested. There’s a middle ground bw recruiting and giving athletic scholarships and just twiddling your thumbs somehow hoping a declining feeder system will pump out enough talent to compete.

Trey is an idiot dbag, but you’re stuck on this idea that anything other than Westside Catholic School kids is cheating. It’s not and you need to get with the times. The feeder system is always going to be the foundation but they do not (usually) have the skill players in the league to help Elder compete with the top dogs in D1.
Demographics just aren't in Elder long term favor, unlike St. Xavier and Moeller who attract students from a much broader and growing region in The Cincy area. I'm not sure it has to be any more complicated than that.

Demographics just aren't in Elder long term favor, unlike St. Xavier and Moeller who attract students from a much broader and growing region in The Cincy area. I'm not sure it has to be any more complicated than that.
Then start actively recruiting more CPS and Oak Hills kids who overwhelmingly make up the areas around Elder and the westside.

Open up your youth teams to them, host their league events at Elder, let them use the PAC, the Pit, the Fitness Center and the Fieldhouse, invite them all to open house while they’re there, etc, etc, etc, etc,

Create non feeder scholarships, hire more minority staff, hire outside coaches, etc, etc, etc

The possibilities are literally endless. The people that continue to make excuses for this are the people either scared to death of chnage or protecting opportunity.