IVC 2021

Truth no bashing, salty much wow. Just gave my opinion BTW there is plenty div7 that have beat much bigger schools take Dalton for example.
You’re state ranked playing another stateranked d7 team it’s different from when you can get beat up a sub .500 ivc d7 school huge difference from dalton?? wood will be knocking your down pretty soon

Last edited:
D7 is a lot of kids going both ways example tcc and malvern and when they plays team like ridgewood and garaway much bigger schools stronger kids for the most part going both ways make it 10x harder physically for them while those kids are playing 1 way for the most part or getting plenty of air time
I guess those schools need to figure out why they don't have more kids playing football

Malvern has an enrollment of 86 with around 30 players. Strasburg has an enrollment of 76 with 18 players.

Meanwhile, New Bremen has an enrollment of of 83 with 67 players on their roster and a freshman team. Lucas has an enrollment of 82 with 47 players on their roster. Marion Local has an enrollment 105 with a roster of over 70 players and a freshman team. There are others you can point to with similar numbers. Glouster Trimble, Fort Loramie, St. Henry, etc.

Sure, you probably will never get 70 like Marion Local but there is no reason for Strasburg or Malvern not to have at least 40-45 players on their team.

D7 is a lot of kids going both ways example tcc and malvern and when they plays team like ridgewood and garaway much bigger schools stronger kids for the most part going both ways make it 10x harder physically for them while those kids are playing 1 way for the most part or getting plenty of air time

I would also say rather than the 2-way issue the bigger issue between larger schools and small schools is multi-sport athletes.

A big school can withstand having kids only focus on one sport because they have so many kids and the drop off in the 10th best athlete in a grade and the 20th best athlete in a grade isn't nearly as big.

A small school can't thrive without a good amount of 3-sport athletes and most of your athletes at least playing 2 sports. There have been some really good athletes at some of the DVI -DVII schools in the IVC that did not play football. That's hard for smaller schools to withstand.

I would bet if you go to Strasburg, Claymont, Tusky Valley or any other IVC school that is struggling you can find a good number of athletes that would greatly help the football team if they played starting in 7th grade.

Yeah but that’ll never be the case with tcc.. that’s like phila just ripping into garaway when phila had baron may and jent joseph
Wtf is your problem ? this post is dumb
You’re state ranked playing another stateranked d7 team it’s different when from when you can get beat up a sub .500 ivc d7 school huge difference from dalton?? wood will be knocking your down pretty soon
Hay dumb dumb if you have not noticed tcc is in the conference.

You’re state ranked playing another stateranked d7 team it’s different when from when you can get beat up a sub .500 ivc d7 school huge difference from dalton?? wood will be knocking your down pretty soon
OK at least we can hang with them, ? I stated facts about the Garaway game, gave my opinion on the others. Your so like what 15. Come on

I guess those schools need to figure out why they don't have more kids playing football

Malvern has an enrollment of 86 with around 30 players. Strasburg has an enrollment of 76 with 18 players.

Meanwhile, New Bremen has an enrollment of of 83 with 67 players on their roster and a freshman team. Lucas has an enrollment of 82 with 47 players on their roster. Marion Local has an enrollment 105 with a roster of over 70 players and a freshman team. There are others you can point to with similar numbers. Glouster Trimble, Fort Loramie, St. Henry, etc.

Sure, you probably will never get 70 like Marion Local but there is no reason for Strasburg or Malvern not to have at least 40-45 players on their team.
It's the program you have to have kids buy in. And Garaway has 48, 30 to 35 is a decent number for D7 teams.

It's the program you have to have kids buy in. And Garaway has 48, 30 to 35 is a decent number for D7 teams.
30-35 is not a decent number. That makes a JV team iffy. I would say anything over 40 is decent. That's only 10 a grade. None of these schools offer soccer to steal kids away either. There's basically guaranteed playing time at every level (MS,JV and Varsity) if the kid plays 7-12.

You should be able to find 10 kids in every grade that will play football. I'm sure there are several good athletes walking the halls of these DVII schools that aren't playing. The question is why aren't you getting them into your program to begin with and why aren't you keeping them there once they start.

Yeah you can hang with them alright blown out by 30 2 years in a row looking for a 3rd
What has tcc done lately ?. Yes I'm well aware how Garaway did 2 years ago but your a dumb f if you think it's always been a blow out. BTW YOU IDOIT GARAWAY DID NOT PLAY RIDGEWOOD LAST YEAR. GOD DO YOU EVEN KEEP UP WITH HS FOOTBALL LOL ?YOU ARE HILARIOUS

All teams from D4-5 down have a lot of two way players. Very few teams do a true two platoon in HS football. Ridgewood last year had 7-8 guys going both ways. So I'm not sure on your point? As far as the bigger schools have stronger kids argument, huh? That doesn't make sense. I've never heard that school size dictates strength.

Just to go back to this real quick. I subscribe to NFHS Network and watch MAC games after I get home from my local school's game on Friday night. However, NFHS also broadcasts the middle school and freshman games for many of the MAC teams.

Last night Marion Local and St. Henry played a freshman game. There were 23 freshman on Marion Local and 16 on St. Henry. All the kids played a lot and multiple kids got opportunities to touch the ball. Both schools are DVII.

A few years ago the NY Times had an article about Marion Local. In the article they talked about a few of the keys to why they have so many kids. No tackle football until 7th grade. No tackling in practice (nobody can hit the ground). Only practice in pads two days a week.

I'd be interested to see what effect no tackle football until 7th grade would have here. I used to be totally against flag football but I know several kids who are good athletes and don't play football in high school and blame it on a bad experience playing tackle football when they were younger. Some got hurt, some never got the ball or never got to play, some didn't have fun. I know some kids weren't allowed to play when they were younger and then just chose another sport as a result.

I don't know. I'd be interested to see what would happen if some schools here visited Marion Local and implemented some of the things they do. It'd be interesting. I'm not saying you'd get 23 kids in a class but what if you got 12? Or 10?

Last edited:
I read that someone thought East Canton was the best of the North. I saw the Malvern vs Sandy Valley game, East Canton better be really good to beat Malvern. Malvern was a very good D7 team and honestly should of won the Sandy game. My friend told me they muffed two punts or would of only lost to Garaway 17-7. I don’t see any North team beating Malvern

I read that someone thought East Canton was the best of the North. I saw the Malvern vs Sandy Valley game, East Canton better be really good to beat Malvern. Malvern was a very good D7 team and honestly should of won the Sandy game. My friend told me they muffed two punts or would of only lost to Garaway 17-7. I don’t see any North team beating Malvern

I said the Hornets "might be" the class of the North. It's hard to tell because Covid has played with their season so much but they have a win over a good United team and that's the best win anyone in the North has this season.

Malvern might win the North but I wouldn't call them a "very good" DVII team. They are a good team but they are probably the 5th-6th best team in their region and probably barely inside the top 20 in the state.

Week 10 should be fun though. Should be a battle for the Hornet Trophy and the IVC North title because I don't see any other North team beating EC or Malvern unless Covid has a big effect on the roster.

I remember a few years back Buckeyes Trail left Lil Ole TCC HS Field with a loss … everyone wants to always count out TCC but they fight harder than most teams in the state with the numbers they have also BT scored like 12 on Claymont… don’t be to shocked if Central wins it

Was at the malvern Garaway game… that score was gonna be 30-7 regardless should’ve been shutout as soon as Garaway 2’s went in malvern scored.. Malverns defense is pretty impressive…garaway started to run a lot but the pass was open all day wouldn’t say it should’ve been 17-7

Last edited:
Was at the malvern Garaway game… that score was gonna be 30-7 regardless should’ve been shutout as soon as Garaway 2’s went in malvern scored.. Malverns defense is pretty impressive…garaway started to run a lot but the pass was open all day wouldn’t say it should’ve been 17-7
Was not going to say anything lol

I remember a few years back Buckeyes Trail left Lil Ole TCC HS Field with a loss … everyone wants to always count out TCC but they fight harder than most teams in the state with the numbers they have also BT scored like 12 on Claymont… don’t be to shocked if Central wins it
Buckeye Trail was 5-5 that year, needed 2OTs to beat a 3-7 Malvern team the week before and got blown out in the two games after losing to TCC.
That's not really a win to brag about.

trail was 5-2 at the time and central was fighting for a playoff spot with 17 kids and a losing record at that momen, that was a huge win for them

trail was 5-2 at the time and central was fighting for a playoff spot with 17 kids and a losing record at that momen, that was a huge win for them

Yes, Trail was 5-2 at the time. Those 5 wins also came against teams that finished the season with a combined record of 10-40. Not one of those five wins came against a team with a winning record. Not really a great win. when you look at it objectively.

Yes, Trail was 5-2 at the time. Those 5 wins also came against teams that finished the season with a combined record of 10-40. Not one of those five wins came against a team with a winning record. Not really a great win. when you look at it objectively.
If we’re going to “well ackshually” this, bear in mind Caldwell was a team otherwise 5-4 who BT defeated to make .500 on the year.