Week 5: Elder(2-2) vs. Louisville St. Xavier(2-1)

Again, he’s a moron. There’s a low # of Srs and the Jr class is mediocre. They’re playing a god dam Freshman at LB, so don’t heed any of his bs.
Newsflash - the freshman team isn’t all that talented either. I’ve said for years, when this senior class is gone, there’s going to be a consistent downgrade in athletic success in the 3 major sports, especially football and basketball.

The level of athlete just isn’t there compared to the schools Elder plays because every other major school they compete against has had a 10-15 year headstart on open borders.

They have a knife in a gunfight, and are too stubborn to go get a gun.

No duh. The problem is how do they get these studs?
The current philosophy is to wait each decade for all of the stars to align. While everyone else is out doing what’s perfectly legal and ethical, and Elder people say they’re cheating.

Repeat for another decade.

And I don’t mind a down year, the only thing that bothers me is the expectation Elder isn’t supposed to be as good as them every yr.

And I don’t mind a down year, the only thing that bothers me is the expectation Elder isn’t supposed to be as good as them every yr.
If they continue to play this type of schedule with what they have at the junior, sophomore and freshman levels, you can expect this every year for the foreseeable future.

The talent level on St Eds and PC was glaringly better. You will see the same thing next week vs. St X.

And I’m not saying that’s the problem, 99.9% of teams don’t have that talent. But if you’ve taken the path of competing with those teams every year, and haven’t elevated your talent base, or created a development program that focuses on more than 25 kids, then you have no shot against them. It’s just simple reality.

Last edited:
If they continue to play this type of schedule with what they have at the junior, sophomore and freshman levels, you can expect this every year for the foreseeable future.

You really don't know what talent Elder has on the freshman/sophomore level. The freshman team would be undefeated right now if Arnold was playing with them. Not that freshman scores translate to Varsity success, but it is some indicator of talent.

I am more bullish on the current underclassman. They are loaded at LB for one. The dline next year will be much bigger with Hetiz, Freeman, and Ginn, along with Hulen/McKenna who are playing a lot right now. Next year might be a good year to go back to the 4-3 they used to run? Expect each to put on at least another 20 pounds and more mature. Gutekust will be back in the secondary and they have guys on the JV level that can step up next year. Not a lot of junior defensive backs on the team.

The offensive line will have 2 James, Schorch who is 6'5" 265 will only get bigger.

Elder will be significantly bigger across the board next year. Despite losing one of the best players in Elder history Drew Ramsey, the Varsity team SHOULD be a lot better and able to compete with the bigger D1 teams next season.

Again, I'm not giving up on this season but since you brought it up,

The current philosophy is to wait each decade for all of the stars to align. While everyone else is out doing what’s perfectly legal and ethical, and Elder people say they’re cheating.

Repeat for another decade.

Elder is getting more aggressive across the city getting kids to open house. The facilities sell themselves. I think the last couple years have been a trend in the right direction.

So if these kids are that big already, why aren’t they playing?

Again, there is no one outside of Ramsey that has the talent of some of the guys we’ve seen on Ed’s and PC, and will see on St X. They don’t exist.

Very hard to compete against teams with that talent when you don’t have that talent.

Elder is getting more aggressive across the city getting kids to open house. The facilities sell themselves. I think the last couple years have been a trend in the right direction.
They have to start to pull SOME of the best athletes in the city, not just the best athletes in the GCYL. I don’t why why 95% of you can’t admit this.

Actually I do know why, but you’ll go all ballistic if I bring it up.

How does expanding their recruiting reach turn the kids into punks? If my BS is BS, then so is this.

This is what I mean when I talk about an expanded world view. People are so doubled down on their way of life, they can’t possible see a different way that would work. And it’s also BS.
Like I said take your bs opinions to another teams thread. Elder is a catholic school, therefore the foundation of the school isn't based solely on a sporting team. Nobody said try not to open the door for others who would want to help keep building the values, faith, and traditions. I don't think you understand elder at all, or your distorted view of things just don't align with elder. You should really take it somewhere else, nobody here agrees with you, and I think that says more about you than the rest of us.

Like I said take your bs opinions to another teams thread. Elder is a catholic school, therefore the foundation of the school isn't based solely on a sporting team. Nobody said try not to open the door for others who would want to help keep building the values, faith, and traditions. I don't think you understand elder at all, or your distorted view of things just don't align with elder. You should really take it somewhere else, nobody here agrees with you, and I think that says more about you than the rest of us.
You’re probably right, most people on this forum don’t agree, mostly because they don’t live in reality world. They live in their biased antiquated world west side view

Good football team - “we’re the pride of the GCL and a state powerhouse with amazing tradition and athletic success”

Average football team - “we’re just trying to be good Catholics and raise good men, that’s what it’s about”

Purple posers

You’re probably right, most people on this forum don’t agree, mostly because they don’t live in reality world. They live in their biased antiquated world west side view
Well if you're one of the few who feel this way, I'd say you're the one not living in reality world. You seem to just like trolling, you seem to dislike elder and everything they stand for, why be a hater on here? Why not just go support a team who thinks as liberal and dumbfounded as you? Because if most of the guys on here went to elder, like myself, they're not ever going to agree with your philosophies and quite frankly I can't blame them one bit.

So if these kids are that big already, why aren’t they playing?

Again, there is no one outside of Ramsey that has the talent of some of the guys we’ve seen on Ed’s and PC, and will see on St X. They don’t exist.

Very hard to compete against teams with that talent when you don’t have that talent.

1. The younger James is only a freshman. He will grow and get stronger over the next year. He will be ready to start as a sophomore.
2. Schorch is a transfer from Oak Hills only able to play 5 games. He will be a good OT next year in the 6'5" 275-280 range.
3. The LB that is a freshman is pretty talented and good sized already. Elder's LB play hasn't been so bad you bench a junior or senior to get the same level of play from the freshman. Let him to continue to develop on JV this year and I think he will be starter from day 1 next year.
4. The other talented LB is Dugan is a sophomore. See comments above, but another year in the weight room and I think he will be a standout next season on Varsity.
5. You don't understand physical development. Most freshman and sophomores aren't ready to see the big gains from weight lifting since most are not fully developed yet. The big benefit from a strength program comes when they are closer to being more mature physically as juniors and seniors. It is not hard to project what you have though which is why I'm bullish on the future for next 2-3 seasons at least.

Good football team - “we’re the pride of the GCL and a state powerhouse with amazing tradition and athletic success”

Average football team - “we’re just trying to be good Catholics and raise good men, that’s what it’s about”

Purple posers
You're a pair of clown shoes, I'll no longer entertain your idiotic posts. Carry on.

Purple posers

If Elder was playing West, Hi, Boone Co., Withrow, Oak Hills, a GCL North team, and a down Lasalle program like the '90s and 2000s would you be saying this? How would some of those teams do with this schedule?

Elder would be 4-1 or 5-0 heading into GCL play and finishing 8-2 probably on some of those old school schedules.

Give the team a break. They are high school KIDS working and playing very hard. There is room for improvement, but stop criticizing the kids.

If Elder was playing West, Hi, Boone Co., Withrow, Oak Hills, a GCL North team, and a down Lasalle program like the '90s and 2000s would you be saying this? How would some of those teams do with this schedule?

Elder would be 4-1 or 5-0 heading into GCL play and finishing 8-2 probably on some of those old school schedules.

Give the team a break. They are high school KIDS working and playing very hard. There is room for improvement, but stop criticizing the kids.
The problem is, you're trying to talk logically and with common sense, this guy doesn't understand any of that. Might as well not even waste your time trying to get through to him haha.

Again, there’s s middle ground. They need to get more of those non feeder kids in to Elder. As I’ve said many times before, a lot of those kids don’t even know Elder is an option, either bc they’re not Catholic or don’t have the $. At the same time, they don’t want kids who are only about themselves. My cousin’s stepson is one of the best DBs in NKY. I’ve thought about trying to get them to move to send him to Elder. However, the kid is a discipline problem and I don’t think he’d make it at Elder, so I never really pushed it.

1. The younger James is only a freshman. He will grow and get stronger over the next year. He will be ready to start as a sophomore.
2. Schorch is a transfer from Oak Hills only able to play 5 games. He will be a good OT next year in the 6'5" 275-280 range.
3. The LB that is a freshman is pretty talented and good sized already. Elder's LB play hasn't been so bad you bench a junior or senior to get the same level of play from the freshman. Let him to continue to develop on JV this year and I think he will be starter from day 1 next year.
4. The other talented LB is Dugan is a sophomore. See comments above, but another year in the weight room and I think he will be a standout next season on Varsity.
5. You don't understand physical development. Most freshman and sophomores aren't ready to see the big gains from weight lifting since most are not fully developed yet. The big benefit from a strength program comes when they are closer to being more mature physically as juniors and seniors. It is not hard to project what you have though which is why I'm bullish on the future for next 2-3 seasons at least.
Next yr isn’t going to be much better. They lose Ramsey, who might be the best athlete to ever play in the program. They lose Hambleton, who is a really friggin good QB, that 70 yard bomb to Ramsey was a beautiful pass, they lose Thomas & Kammerer who are the fastest Corners they’ve had, and Paff who was a great 3 yr starter.

The following seasons (‘23 and ‘24) should be much improved. But again, that raises the question of how you sustain that level of success.

Again, there’s s middle ground. They need to get more of those non feeder kids in to Elder. As I’ve said many times before, a lot of those kids don’t even know Elder is an option, either bc they’re not Catholic or don’t have the $. At the same time, they don’t want kids who are only about themselves. My cousin’s stepson is one of the best DBs in NKY. I’ve thought about trying to get them to move to send him to Elder. However, the kid is a discipline problem and I don’t think he’d make it at Elder, so I never really pushed it.
Go onward and start preaching the good word about elder and let me know the results, I'll stay tuned.

It’s one thing to not have the size or speed, but the 5 false starts is unacceptable. Ville X had a nice stadium and crowd, but it wasn’t exactly a loud crowd.

Go onward and start preaching the good word about elder and let me know the results, I'll stay tuned.
He’s a Sr now, so no point. He got in trouble at his public school in NKY, so there’s virtually no chance he’d make it through Elder.

If you’re being sarcastic, I can’t say I like your tone. You know the reason why the Freshman LB stud ended up at Elder is bc his parents are friends with a teacher at Elder and he preached the “good word” about Elder that got him wanting to go to Elder.

He’s a Sr now, so no point. He got in trouble at his public school in NKY, so there’s virtually no chance he’d make it through Elder.

If you’re being sarcastic, I can’t say I like your tone. You know the reason why the Freshman LB stud ended up at Elder is bc his parents are friends with a teacher at Elder and he preached the “good word” about Elder that got him wanting to go to Elder.
Haha oh you don't like my tone? That's ashame. Does this mean we're not friends anymore? I just don't think I could bare that.

Haha oh you don't like my tone? That's ashame. Does this mean we're not friends anymore? I just don't think I could bare that.
Or you could not be such a d bag? There’s a difference bw selling your soul and increasing brand awareness. That hard truth is Elder needs more talent. The numbers and overall talent level in the Feeder system is drying out. They can’t compete at a high level with the type of schedule they’re going to play unless they can draw in a larger pool of kids. Things are different than they used to be, if you want to stay relevant, you adapt.

You can want PT but still not be good enough to play.
Did you even read what I actually wrote? If a kid is actually putting ALL the work in all off- season and isn't playing......why not? Why is he not ready? He should be. When your varsity only roster is over 80 and only 25 or so guys see significant minutes, why??? That is all development.

L
You’re right about the development, that’s why it’s so crazy a Freshman can step in and play at this level. It’s also why when you see Fresh/Sophs playing Varsity, they’re often Skill players

Or you could not be such a d bag? There’s a difference bw selling your soul and increasing brand awareness. That hard truth is Elder needs more talent. The numbers and overall talent level in the Feeder system is drying out. They can’t compete at a high level with the type of schedule they’re going to play unless they can draw in a larger pool of kids. Things are different than they used to be, if you want to stay relevant, you adapt.
The most hated village idiot calling me a D bag? Haha that's irony at it's finest. Well maybe at an elder game in the future, we can meet up and you can explain things better to me in person. Maybe help me fix my tone, if you will, maybe teach me to cry as much as you do.

Did you even read what I actually wrote? If a kid is actually putting ALL the work in all off- season and isn't playing......why not? Why is he not ready? He should be. When your varsity only roster is over 80 and only 25 or so guys see significant minutes, why??? That is all development.
Bc he’s just not good enough. It’s a pretty simple answer. You can do everything right in the weight room, but if you’re 5’6’’ 150 lbs, you’re not playing unless you have some kind of ridiculous 4.3 40 type of speed.

The most hated village idiot calling me a D bag? Haha that's irony at it's finest. Well maybe at an elder game in the future, we can meet up and you can explain things better to me in person. Maybe help me fix my tone, if you will, maybe teach me to cry as much as you do.
Do you want Elder to be a competitive program or not? The idea they have to sell their soul is such a lazy argument. Maybe Trey is advocating special treatment, all I want is for them to increase awareness of the good Elder can do for all kids who buy into the culture.

Things rarely workout by accident. Occasionally, you have a bad coach like Ed Orgeron who lucks into landing a QB like Burrow and wins a title. BTW, how have things gone for him since?

To be successful, there has to be a plan, and you can’t have a successful plan until you identify the weak points in the system. And a big weak point is the numbers and talent drain in the Feeder system.