2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
A
This is a trend also at TC. And maybe a trend overall nation wide. An awfull thing.

IMHO, one of the key reasons MAC are so successful is no soccer. In this conference, Riverside, Covington and Northridge have no soccer. A big advantage. TC would be state contender in football this year if their soccer players were WR and DBs on the football team.
Although I understand TC has exceptional boys soccer too.

Results week5:
Milton Union 29
Troy Christian 9

Northridge 28
Riverside 10

Covington 26
Bethel 21

Lehman 23
Miami East 28

Standings:
Milton Union 4-1: 2-0
Northridge 3-2: 2-0
Troy Christian 3-2: 1-1
Riverside 3-2: 1-1
Miami East 2-3: 1-1
Covington 1-4: 1-1
Bethel 1-4: 0-2
Lehman 0-5: 0-2
The fact that Northridge is now possibly 2nd or 3rd in this league is shocking to me. Good for the Bears having success, but I think it’s more of an indictment on the rest of the league as a whole. I’m really surprised to see Riverside lose to them, Covington struggle to beat Bethel, and ME struggle with LC.

The fact that Northridge is now possibly 2nd or 3rd in this league is shocking to me. Good for the Bears having success, but I think it’s more of an indictment on the rest of the league as a whole. I’m really surprised to see Riverside lose to them, Covington struggle to beat Bethel, and ME struggle with LC.
Responding to myself, props to Milton Union as well. I feel like they came into this season as the favorite and have taken care of business to date. Very nice program up there in West Milton.

Northridge is looking really good. Not your typical Ridge team. Also, these teams are smaller and don't have the depth that MU and Northridge have. Troy Christian was physical and very big, they just didn't have the depth that Milton had. They only dressed 30. I believe all 30 played for the Eagles tonight. If MU would've been healthy, that game could've gotten out of hand. I was impressed with TC.

Northridge is looking really good. Not your typical Ridge team. Also, these teams are smaller and don't have the depth that MU and Northridge have. Troy Christian was physical and very big, they just didn't have the depth that Milton had. They only dressed 30. I believe all 30 played for the Eagles tonight. If MU would've been healthy, that game could've gotten out of hand. I was impressed with TC.
Northridge started out pretty good a few seasons ago but as the weeks went on they started to fold

I think it was injuries to them. Milton's always seems to knock them out. I still want to see that Milton vs Riverside game last week of the season. Should be a good one.

I think it was injuries to them. Milton's always seems to knock them out. I still want to see that Milton vs Riverside game last week of the season. Should be a good one.
I think that game will end up being a running clock. Riverside is a bit overhyped on here. I won't be surprised if ME or Covington give them good games.

Northridge hung with both Oakwood and Monroe. It's not surprising they won tonight. If Riverside can go 6-4, I'd consider it a big success. This league is a huge jump in competition compared to the NWCC, even with Miami East and Covington having down years.

Bret Pearce brought it to Milton in 2000, so 21-years I believe. We used to run the Power-I back in the day.
Nolan is a Wing-T master, TC is a very formidable opponent with a very large line and RB. We will be without several starters tonight, including both of our RB's. Both backs will be underclassmen. We will have our hands full with them. If MU were to lose, it wouldn't be a shocker to me. TC is not your typical D6 school.
One positive is our QB, Morter, and Blake Brumbaugh will be out there.

Covington will be back. This is just a down year. Bethel hasn't been all that impressive either. Could be a close one.
TC is D7...fyi

Yep, that was a mistake. But they are a private school. One of their backs, Ronicker, is a Milton kid. He was a heck of a back for them. The roster at TC is thin and that played to Milton's favor.
Overall, I was impressed with Troy Christian. They do have some kids that get emotional. Typical for high school kids, I guess.
I loved the sportsmanship that was shown tonight.

That Ronicker was a good football player. Troy Christian had some good lineman too, but Nolan's style of play is a boring brand
of football to watch. Some of my golf buddies from Troy used to complain about that when he coached at Troy.

Well now that we are half way done with the season it looks like Milton will/should win. Surprising but Northridge is the second best team? Like I said after the first week, this is a very weak conference. Northridge has been bad for the last 30 plus years they didn’t just all of a sudden figure it out. That is a very big indicator as to how bad this conference is. I know a lot of teams are down but I don’t see this conference ever being that strong. Basically the CCC with Milton in it. Miami east had a team in 2008 that went 9-1, probably one of the best teams they ever had and still lost to a 3-7 Milton team. This is just going to be a weak conference year in and year out.

Well now that we are half way done with the season it looks like Milton will/should win. Surprising but Northridge is the second best team? Like I said after the first week, this is a very weak conference. Northridge has been bad for the last 30 plus years they didn’t just all of a sudden figure it out. That is a very big indicator as to how bad this conference is. I know a lot of teams are down but I don’t see this conference ever being that strong. Basically the CCC with Milton in it. Miami east had a team in 2008 that went 9-1, probably one of the best teams they ever had and still lost to a 3-7 Milton team. This is just going to be a weak conference year in and year out.
I don't think so. Covington is typically very good and having a down year. Miami East also had a good year in 2018 that they destroyed Milton 47-10. In 2013 they beat us 42-7. Troy Christian has had good years.
I think overall, it's not the SWBL, but it has the potential to be really good. Milton is getting smaller, and that bodes well for us going forward.
Northridge is a different animal. They didn't just figure it out, they had the talent and this league is giving them confidence.

This league will be better than the CCC in the long run. The better question is will it be as good as the OHC North (it's already clearly better than the OHC South).

That Ronicker was a good football player. Troy Christian had some good lineman too, but Nolan's style of play is a boring brand
of football to watch. Some of my golf buddies from Troy used to complain about that when he coached at Troy.
It was a really solid HS football game. I was suprised by the physicality on both sides. The game felt closer than the final score.

The devastating blow was the blown coverage for an easy MU TD. TC was able to move the ball, but MU would get key pressure at the wrong time to kill TC drives.

The MU QB threw 3 or 4 absolutely wonderfull passes on heavy pressure. The front picture on presspros was an awseome throw.

Congrats MU. TC you did your school proud. Trust the process.

Weak compared to what? This conference will have teams win playoff games every year. This conference is better than most small school conferences in Ohio minus the MAC.

Last edited:
Too much negativity here. It's the first season of the TRC. Conferences aren't ALL about football. There are other sports. Besides, I think Covington, Miami East, and Bethel will all improve in coming years. I also keep hearing good things out of Ridge from former alumni. They are a really young team from what I'm hearing. Also, I have no idea if the fall of Trotwood Madison would have a positive impact on the Ridge. I know Trotwood has been accused of plucking great players out of the surrounding schools.

That is a very big indicator as to how bad this conference is. I know a lot of teams are down but I don’t see this conference ever being that strong. Basically the CCC with Milton in it.
I still think, you can't compare it to the whole SWBL. Milton wasn't playing the whole SWBL. Compare it to the Buckeye division. National Trail beat Dixie last night. Carlisle got steamrolled by Brookville. Madison lost bad to Valley View. Waynesville lost big to Eaton. The TRC is not going to be very different from the Buckeye division (minus Covington getting back to normal, that is a disappointment)

You can say this league is never going to be strong. That's fair. But it's no different from what they left, and a whole lot closer schools!

When Nolan had a reliable qb he actually threw quite a bit, very un Nolan like (2014-2015). Nolan football is very disciplined and measured, not taking wild shots that probably are <10% chance of working.

Jury still out on 2nd. In 2019 Northridge beat Oakwood, Dixie, Troy Christian, West Carrollton and Bethel. 2020 they lost every game but with Covid restrictions as a Dayton type of restricted school they had a mountain of issues to contend with that other districts did not. 2018 Northridge lost to Bethel and Troy Christian, but beat Dixie, Carlisle, Oakwood, Preble Shawnee and West Carlton.

I would say they fared fairly well the last few years. 2018 they were 4-3 in their conference. 2019 they were 2-5 in conference but 3-0 OOC which included two of this new leagues opponents. They have split the last five meetings between Bethel and Troy Christian pretty evenly.

One thing to consider about Riverside vs Northridge. That was an unusual matchup for Riverside, they are not used to having to stop that much speed on the outside and I was told by a friend I talked to this morning they lost contain on the outside numerous times that went for big gains? Troy Christian and Bethel are more likely to be used to their style, as well as Milton who rarely ever loses to Ridge.

I'm not saying they are not #2, just think it's too soon to jump them up there until at least Troy Christian and Riverside play next week. A Riverside win would still not secure #2 for Northridge cause a loss to Troy Christian would potentially leave a three way tie for 2nd. I liked the Northridge win as it muddies the waters way more now having 3 teams shooting for that #2 spot.

I do think from top to bottom this conference has a chance to be very strong as relative to other conferences comprised of D5 -D7 schools. That's good news for everyone except for Milton, but a conference is not based on just one sport. This is a major step up for many of these small schools.

I loved the atmosphere at TC. I was highly disappointed that the MU band chose not to come to a conference game 15 minutes from home. What a total letdown. I blame the principal for not making it a standard to be at Friday night games. So what it they have a contest? The drive back to Milton is like 15-minutes. ?
The crowd was great, the players showed respect and it was a great game. Can't ask for more than that.
I didn't like the stands on one side though.
Milton and Northridge are both D4. I see Milton dropping to D5 soon.

Miami East comes to the friendly confines of Memorial Stadium Friday. Do the Vikings have upset on their minds and do they have what it takes to get it done?
Riverside and Troy Christian looks to be a great game as well. Bethel and Lehman battle to see who is in last place.

Miami East comes to the friendly confines of Memorial Stadium Friday. Do the Vikings have upset on their minds and do they have what it takes to get it done?
Riverside and Troy Christian looks to be a great game as well. Bethel and Lehman battle to see who is in last place.
That is going to be one serious beat down. This is the weakest East team I ever recall.

That is going to be one serious beat down. This is the weakest East team I ever recall.
I honestly don't know what is going on at East. They've been pretty weak the last couple of years and I kind of just expected them to get things turned around quickly. That's without knowing any real details about their program, and just respecting the teams they've had over the years. Same with Covington. It's hard for me to even imagine those teams doing so poorly. Despite coaching changes or anything else.

I honestly don't know what is going on at East. They've been pretty weak the last couple of years and I kind of just expected them to get things turned around quickly. That's without knowing any real details about their program, and just respecting the teams they've had over the years. Same with Covington. It's hard for me to even imagine those teams doing so poorly. Despite coaching changes or anything else.

If you look at a wider picture, most schools all divisions go through dark periods for one things or another. If it was the stock market, I would buy hard Miami East and Covington becoming solid again. That probably is a 3+ year journey though.

The more concerning thing though as I type this, is the overall state of Football in our part of the country. We will lose more athletes to Soccer than we did 10 years ago.

I am really worried about football at any school with average graduation class sizes under 150 and that support a soccer program.

We really need to be open to Co-Ops for football like other parts of the country do.

And, I do not know why TC is getting no love on the pick em. If people would see them play live, it would be a different story. They are 4-6 plays away from being undefeated. I know lots of teams can say that. No disrespect to Riverside, they are quality. I was not expecting most people to pick them though, thought it would be 50/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.