How have the crowds been at the games you've attended?

Curious how the crowds have been at the games that you've attended?

• Bigger than past years

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • About the same

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Less than past years

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Started off small but are getting bigger now

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Started off bigger but are getting smaller now

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

Bigger than past years?
About the same?
Less than past years?
Started off small but are getting bigger now?
Started off bigger but are getting smaller now?
Other?

Fair question...Green game, the crowd stayed. Maybe a few of the youth parents left. Green -Jackson game was packed all night

Crowds at my school have been larger then the past and the other game I’ve attended so far was nearly a sell out.

Bigger than past years?
About the same?
Less than past years?
Started off small but are getting bigger now?
Started off bigger but are getting smaller now?
Other?
Hudson had the biggest crowd I've seen since 2014 at their only home game this year. My sense is attendance is up at many, most, or all high school games.......... or at least in suburbia. Making up for the lost time of last year.

Considering it was a long travel, we brought more than I thought we would. Home crowd was good with room in the rather large stands but I don't know their normal.

Waverlys home side has been packed every home game but I feel like visiting teams have not traveled well. Went to Ironton for Ironton against Moe as well and it was packed to the brim in the stands and many standing around the stadium

My school’s attendance is about the same as pre-pandemic.
I’d agree on the student section comment. They seem larger everywhere we have gone.

I have had mostly bigger crowds.
I did a d-2 game in the Cincy area where the crowd was a lot smaller than I expected. The smallest crowd was at Columbus Mifflin, where there was around 300 total in the stands. Two crowds that stuck out were the ones at Delta (Ind) and Arcanum.

As noted above, over 19,000 (reported-- it didn't look that big in person) showed up last night at X-Moeller (at UC's Nippert Stadium); crowds at X home games have been reflective of the general downward trend of the last 5-10 years: Lakota West (despite being the #2 team in SW Ohio matched with #1 X) brought less than 500 fans to X-- and X's side was NOT full or close to sold out (despite there being "mixer" event post-game, that brought out hundreds of teen-age girls from other schools); X did not fill the fairly small visitor side for the short trip to Colerain (and Colerain barely filled half of the home side); X's crowds at other road games (admittedly LONG trips to Olentangy and Mishawaka, IN) were minimal-- basically just those few die-hard parents who travel to every game to see their kids play...

The bottom line: X used to sell out an 8000+ stadium, for every top opponent (e.g.- GCL rivals, plus any game against a top team like Lakota West or Colerain [formerly])-- now, it looks like it would take a state championship game to draw that kind of crowd-- and even then, I'm not sure it would happen. The long-term, CTE-driven, disengagement-from-football trend continues-- can't say I'm surprised. Measure the numbers of players nationally, at any youth level of the game, and you will see the roots of the decline.

Crowds are about the same as pre-pandemic. Crowds have gotten considerably smaller in the last 6-7 years. Even extremely successful teams are struggling to fill their stands above 70% capacity. Basketball games are the same.

Reactions: 4GX
As noted above, over 19,000 (reported-- it didn't look that big in person) showed up last night at X-Moeller (at UC's Nippert Stadium); crowds at X home games have been reflective of the general downward trend of the last 5-10 years: Lakota West (despite being the #2 team in SW Ohio matched with #1 X) brought less than 500 fans to X-- and X's side was NOT full or close to sold out (despite there being "mixer" event post-game, that brought out hundreds of teen-age girls from other schools); X did not fill the fairly small visitor side for the short trip to Colerain (and Colerain barely filled half of the home side); X's crowds at other road games (admittedly LONG trips to Olentangy and Mishawaka, IN) were minimal-- basically just those few die-hard parents who travel to every game to see their kids play...

The bottom line: X used to sell out an 8000+ stadium, for every top opponent (e.g.- GCL rivals, plus any game against a top team like Lakota West or Colerain [formerly])-- now, it looks like it would take a state championship game to draw that kind of crowd-- and even then, I'm not sure it would happen. The long-term, CTE-driven, disengagement-from-football trend continues-- can't say I'm surprised. Measure the numbers of players nationally, at any youth level of the game, and you will see the roots of the decline.
YAWN!

With all the TV time-outs and emphasis on passing, I'm about to give up attending college games. The fan spends so much time in the seat, they're starting to charge a property tax. I'd gladly be part of 8000 to watch a high school game that gets over in a decent time.

Reactions: 4GX