St. Edward (4-0) @ Massillon (3-1)

John Lee Pettimore

St. Ed appears to be running on all cylinders, Massillon has a few misfiring. Massillon cannot be one dimensional on offense and better figure out how to not only cover, but to get pressure on the QB defensively. This could get ugly.

Elder did not seem to have a run game. To me every play was a pass.
Elder got away with a nice screen but only called the play one time.
I feel the play calling hurt Elder.
Ed knew what was coming

Was optimistic last year. At least knew we'd be competitive. Less optimistic this year, to say the least. I mean they just beat Elder by 34 at The Pit. Massillon will need to hit a few homers in the passing game and this just hasn't been the year for that. Always a chance though.

What was Massillon score vs pick central?.
I put elder loss to Ed on the Elder play calling. Elder had a successful screen pass. & Elder abandoned it.
To only running it once.
It is clear. That trying to pick up 50 yards every snap. Not happen against Ed's second & safety.
Giving Ed 3 picks one was for 6

I put elder loss to Ed on the Elder play calling. Elder had a successful screen pass. & Elder abandoned it.
To only running it once.
It is clear. That trying to pick up 50 yards every snap. Not happen against Ed's second & safety.
Giving Ed 3 picks one was for 6
So talent wise you are saying they are about the same?

Well we know we're not going to line up and push around EDs at the LOS. However we do have some nice pieces in Brawley, Banks and Lennix Jr. Is Lennix injured or something? I don't care if it's jet sweeps, shovel passes, wildcats or wishbone. If we have no ability to throw the ball, then do something to get the ball in these kids hands. All I know is if we line up Friday night and run Hartson 25 times between the tackles we're going to have our brains beat out and risk injury to the young man.

Elder looked undersized on the lines or maybe because Eds is so big. Eds shutdown the running game. Elder QB had pressure in his face that forced 3 picks. Eds oline was opening some big holes. Haven't watched Massillon but the LOS will be key.

If you look at common opponents. Like pickerton. Is what got me wanting to watch Ed vs Elder game. I wanted to see how Ed approaches the run game. But Elder doesn't use a rb.
Ok. Not sure what you're saying. I basically took it as the only reason Eds beat Elder was because of play calling. Im good, I dont want to hijack this thread talking about Elder.

Well this is going to be a tough one for the Tigers I’m afraid. To keep this from being a running clock we will have to establish the los in some capacity. I don’t know how the passing game will fair. It looked a little better again Warren but this is Ed’s. We will have to be ten times better defensively against the pass. I’m not sure honestly where this team is at exactly going into this one. Guess we’ll find out Friday night

Ok. Not sure what you're saying. I basically took it as the only reason Eds beat Elder was because of play calling. Im good, I dont want to hijack this thread talking about Elder.
I was dealing with connection issues. I do not recall any run plays. The screen pass that did work for elder. I . Did not see it the rest of the game. If you find something that works. stay on it till the other team can stop it.

It's September 12, 2021

Massillon Washington (3 - 1) vs Lakewood St Edward (4 - 0)

Where: Paul Brown Stadium

When: Friday 17, 2021

Time: 7:30 PM

CalPrep.com has it:

Lakewood St Edward by 27 points

Weather:

Scattered Thunderstorms in the afternoon

High: 83

Low: 67

40% Chance of Rain

Wind: SSW 7 mph

:D :cool: :):p:unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off

Last edited:
Well this is going to be a tough one for the Tigers I’m afraid. To keep this from being a running clock we will have to establish the los in some capacity. I don’t know how the passing game will fair. It looked a little better again Warren but this is Ed’s. We will have to be ten times better defensively against the pass. I’m not sure honestly where this team is at exactly going into this one. Guess we’ll find out Friday night
I actually don’t think we will know where this team is at until after the Fitch game. This is a game to prepare us for the talent we might see in the final 4 or champ game.

Well we know we're not going to line up and push around EDs at the LOS. However we do have some nice pieces in Brawley, Banks and Lennix Jr. Is Lennix injured or something? I don't care if it's jet sweeps, shovel passes, wildcats or wishbone. If we have no ability to throw the ball, then do something to get the ball in these kids hands. All I know is if we line up Friday night and run Hartson 25 times between the tackles we're going to have our brains beat out and risk injury to the young man.
Lennix played against Warren.