Lasalle Lancers 2021

What will the Lancers record be this year during the regular season?

• 10-0

• 9-1

• 8-2

• 7-3

• 6-4

• 5-5

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, that happened. On to Trinity... Does anyone have info on Trinity's team this year? Saw they are 0-2 but Trinity always usually has a pretty good team.

Trinity may be 0-2, but they're still Trinity. Going to actually get some decent QB play this week to even have a chance.

Trinity graduated 20 of 22 starters from last year’s team. They play several sophomores on defense, but talented. Was looking forward to Moe playing them, but their 1 covid case (yes one) killed that. Good luck and hope you guys beat them!

Trinity may be 0-2, but they're still Trinity. Going to actually get some decent QB play this week to even have a chance.
Saw their QB #10 has some wheels on him. Lancers are going to have to contain him and his speed on the defensive side. Their running back also gets downhill quickly.

La Salle's reserve and freshmen had a better weekend than the varsity last weekend. On Saturday, the JV blew out the Dayton Wayne JV and then the La Salle freshmen blew out the New Richmond JV team. I hear the freshman team is pretty good.

La Salle's reserve and freshmen had a better weekend than the varsity last weekend. On Saturday, the JV blew out the Dayton Wayne JV and then the La Salle freshmen blew out the New Richmond JV team. I hear the freshman team is pretty good.
LaSalle's JV team has outscored opponents 65-0 in their 2 games. Freshman has outscored teams 102-20 in their 3 games. Seems pretty good.

Yeah, it's just JV, but Colerain and Dayton Wayne have been a couple of the best public programs in the state. Is Dayton Wayne fading like Colerain?

Here are the picks from the Louisville Courier Journal's high school sports writers Jason Frakes, J.L. Kirven and Dominique Yates and WHAS-11’s Kent Spencer:. Trinity is now 0-3 and all the sports casters are bailing on them., Can we really win this game or is this the kiss of death?

Cincinnati La Salle (2-1) at Trinity (0-3), 7:30 p.m.

Frakes:
La Salle 34-24

Kirven: La Salle 42-21

Spencer: La Salle 28-27

Yates: La Salle 35-14

Here are the picks from the Louisville Courier Journal's high school sports writers Jason Frakes, J.L. Kirven and Dominique Yates and WHAS-11’s Kent Spencer:. Trinity is now 0-3 and all the sports casters are bailing on them., Can we really win this game or is this the kiss of death?

Frakes:
La Salle 34-24

Watching some film, I think La Salle wins this game by 20+. They are physically bigger and stronger than this Trinity team and the Lancer offense should get going this week. Look for Mattingly to have a breakout game.

Frakes:
La Salle 34-24

For what it’s worth, Trinity has only played two games this season. They are 0-2. Apparently the state of Kentucky counts the cancelled game vs Moeller as a forfeit. That is not the case here in Ohio.
Trinity graduated 20 of 22 starters from their 2020 championship team. Also, their long time head coach retired last season. They have athletes on this year’s team, but they are young. I would not overlook them.

Watching some film, I think La Salle wins this game by 20+. They are physically bigger and stronger than this Trinity team and the Lancer offense should get going this week. Look for Mattingly to have a breakout game.
If ever a kid looked like a quarterback, it’s Mattingly. The kid throws the ball around with zip, accuracy, good feet, head movement and follow through. Then the game starts. I’m baffled by his struggles seeing he is being coached by one of the better QB trainers around in HC McLaughlin. Sometimes the mental part of the game is the hardest to overcome. If he figures it out, he has the tools to be a dandy!

We know the Lancers will not get any favorable calls down in Louisville. Seems like every Ohio team that goes down there gets hosed a few times a game.

I need to see the Lancers play a really good game before I think they’re beating anyone handily.

OK have At it what seems to be wrong with this team? Bright spot is that the quarterback seems to be developing into what everybody expects him to be. but the running game is not there and defense ???? have At it

The defense looked good the first two weeks and the offense/QB was not so good. Seems to be the opposite tonight.

It should still be 20-13 ... what the hell was that timeout about?

Much better in the second half. Trinity threw the kitchen sink at La Salle in the first half and it wasn't near enough after some adjustments, which this staff always make. Offense was excellent tonight. Trinity may be down for Trinity, but this is a great win on the road.

Much better game by Mattingly, but I still think LaSalle is a better team with Cope as the Qb.
Both provide different aspect to the offense. Cope is by far the better runner and if Mattingly can get to his potential he would be a insane pocket passer, and he can roll out as needed.

Both provide different aspect to the offense. Cope is by far the better runner and if Mattingly can get to his potential he would be a insane pocket passer, and he can roll out as needed.
Cope keeps defenses guessing, reminiscent of Branham in many ways. He’s always a step away from a big play.

What a response! They may all technically be “down” compared to usual but beating Colerain, WW, and blowing out Trinity is no joke. If you would’ve told me we were 3-1 at this point at the start of the season, I would be very happy with that. I fully expect us to make another run for a championship!