La Salle vs IMG

Not 1 team in the state? So, Lasalle is the top representative for Ohio?
I didn't say that. I said LS represented the state as well as anybody else would have against what boils down to a college team. There isn't a team on the state that would play IMG within 40-50 points. You can use the transitive property to think what you want about that statement if you wish.

I don't understand why Lasalle would schedule a "college" or "all-star" team?

The kids got an experience losing by 50?

I played on a lot of losing teams. You know what you learn from losing? Shat.
Just how to lose.

Zero reason to schedule this game.

LaSalle got it handed to them, it happens. Coach says no serious injuries but Yappi poster says a Lineman was seriously injured??

That was a college team out there. However, the LaSalle defenders to me, appeared intimidated . There were quite a few light hearted attempts to tackle #13 and #3. Especially #13, he ran thru tackles like they weren’t there. Game shouldn’t been scheduled. X would have been a better challenge.

I don't understand why Lasalle would schedule a "college" or "all-star" team?

The kids got an experience losing by 50?

I played on a lot of losing teams. You know what you learn from losing? Shat.
Just how to lose.

Zero reason to schedule this game.
I think teams can learn from a loss and get better, but this isn’t one of those situations.

I was there. The faction that thinks X could have been more competitive, I’ve got news for you, no they wouldn’t. IMG made the field look small. I knew after the first two possessions and the 3 A gap runs for nothing on each series that LS was not there to compete, they were there to survive and play next week. No other way to sugar coat it. That was the best team I’ve ever seen granted they were 19 year olds.

I was there. The faction that thinks X could have been more competitive, I’ve got news for you, no they wouldn’t. IMG made the field look small. I knew after the first two possessions and the 3 A gap runs for nothing on each series that LS was not there to compete, they were there to survive and play next week. No other way to sugar coat it. That was the best team I’ve ever seen granted they were 19 year olds.
They should be the best team you've ever seen every year. That's how the program is designed.

They want to use this as a showcase for incoming 8th graders. You don't think Lasalle is after your junior high Highlanders? Lasalle sends mailers to your 6th grade and under Oak Hills school district students.
Lasalle needed a game and so did IMG. It was literally scheduled last minute.

Even more insane this game was even played. I'm laughing at ElderFan acting like they would have given IMG a better game.
He’s representing us very poorly. Elder barely gave PC a game, we would’ve had no shot against IMG. Would it have been better or worse? Who knows, but if scoring 7 more or giving up 7 less is “better” then the bar’s pretty low. I’m sure all the LaSalle kids were jacked up to play this game and were dreaming of pulling off the huge upset. Didn’t work out that way and scheduling is ultimately on the coach/AD, but ripping on the kids and saying they “rolled over” or “showed no heart” is an absolutely s|hitty thing to say or infer. More often than not, talent is just gonna win out.

I’ve read maybe 5 posts of this thread, so if someone said this already I apologize.

1) IMG is a College team. You take there last 4-5 classes put them in a college together with a decent coach and they are ranked up there with BAMA, Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State!! Period!!

2) Ohio HS Football hasn’t dropped off. The game has changed to a more athletic and speed game than strength and physicality. And not by accident.
The offense has rules added to help it score points 2)
The defense has new rules to help the offense score points 2)

3) Ohio hasn’t fallen behind, other states have just caught up. Ohio doesn’t have a monopoly on great coaching like it ounce did.

4) Ohio’s demographics and coaching tradition/culture dictate its style of football. Old School-Spread-RPO etc..

5) The negative brain trauma propaganda and press has taken its toll on mom’s and dad’s and “little Timmy” now plays Soccer or Track.

6) Ohio doesn’t have a State All-Star team to play IMG types. That’s called “COLLEGE FOOTBALL”
Ohio has a localized HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT sized teams.

7) Ohio doesn’t have “Spring Football” to promote their players to College and Recruiting Services. Huge recruiting disadvantage and that’s why teams like IMG exist in the 1st place.
-IMG kids typically come from states like Ohio etc.. where the kids get maximum exposure.

It has been amusing reading LaSalle and Hoban and others express the futility of playing such all-star teams the past couple weeks. While coming off a string of 8 (or more?) consecutive state titles vs. Ohio public schools. Rough ain't it?
Nothing rough about winning 4 state titles in 7 years. Not sure I get your point, although I understand your frustration at never winning one,
Maybe Massillon will achieve what LaSalle and Hoban have someday, hang in there.

Nothing rough about winning 4 state titles in 7 years. Not sure I get your point, although I understand your frustration at never winning one,
Maybe Massillon will achieve what LaSalle and Hoban have someday, hang in there.
Been there, done that!?

It has been amusing reading LaSalle and Hoban and others express the futility of playing such all-star teams the past couple weeks. While coming off a string of 8 (or more?) consecutive state titles vs. Ohio public schools. Rough ain't it?
I agree with this. I remember a few years back when the STVM basketball team got pretty much run off the court by one of the academies, Coach Dru made some comment about it "not being fair since they were playing an all-star team", or words to that effect. He got ripped, and rightfully so, if not for hyprocrisy, at least for being more than a little tone-deaf. Seems like kind of the same thing here.

I agree with this. I remember a few years back when the STVM basketball team got pretty much run off the court by one of the academies, Coach Dru made some comment about it "not being fair since they were playing an all-star team", or words to that effect. He got ripped, and rightfully so, if not for hyprocrisy, at least for being more than a little tone-deaf. Seems like kind of the same thing here.
LaSalle has never recruited a player from Massillon, the same can not be said of Massillon.

I’ve read maybe 5 posts of this thread, so if someone said this already I apologize.

1) IMG is a College team. You take there last 4-5 classes put them in a college together with a decent coach and they are ranked up there with BAMA, Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State!! Period!!

2) Ohio HS Football hasn’t dropped off. The game has changed to a more athletic and speed game than strength and physicality. And not by accident.
The offense has rules added to help it score points 2)
The defense has new rules to help the offense score points 2)

3) Ohio hasn’t fallen behind, other states have just caught up. Ohio doesn’t have a monopoly on great coaching like it ounce did.

4) Ohio’s demographics and coaching tradition/culture dictate its style of football. Old School-Spread-RPO etc..

5) The negative brain trauma propaganda and press has taken its toll on mom’s and dad’s and “little Timmy” now plays Soccer or Track.

6) Ohio doesn’t have a State All-Star team to play IMG types. That’s called “COLLEGE FOOTBALL”
Ohio has a localized HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT sized teams.

7) Ohio doesn’t have “Spring Football” to promote their players to College and Recruiting Services. Huge recruiting disadvantage and that’s why teams like IMG exist in the 1st place.
-IMG kids typically come from states like Ohio etc.. where the kids get maximum exposure.
Which point(s) above is the excuse for Bergen Catholic NJ putting a running clock on Hoban a few weeks back? Thx.

Dang Jersey still around tossing your s$!t. Even your old college “buddy” Blaine says to stay to clear of you. Says he probably wouldn’t be at Fenwick if you wouldn’t screwed him on the Bosco vs Moeller games. Moe took a bath on that thanks to you and the Moe faithful told him it was time to move on.

Last edited:
No, it's not fair. There isn't a team in the state that would have played harder. Or, frankly, closer.

The QB is committed to Florida State and the No. 1 RB is going to Penn State. The OL was massive with a guy going to Alabama. A receiver is off to Illinois. I know EF02 thought the Lancer front seven should lay down and try to trip them or something, but the guys tried.

On defense, they have a Northwestern recruit, a Michigan State recruit, three (!) guys going to Clemson. They also have two guys still picking, according to Springer from the Enqy: someone deciding between Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Michigan and Ohio State and another choosing from Alabama, Florida, LSU, Miami and South Carolina. That's just what's been offered and decided. And hey, La Salle, with a guy going to Indiana and a host of others no sniffing Power 5 at this point, scored on them. I'm proud of them.
Mickey i normally agree with you but i said back on page 1 or 2 that this was a terrible decision for LaSalle to play them and that if IMG was going to play anyone it should have been X. X has imo their best team ever this year and they still would have lost by 30. X will turbo clock all 3 GCLS opponents or come very close. There are def teams in Ohio that would have faired better than LaSalle tonight. Elder would have been beat by 50 as well so im not saying they are any better. I just dont understand why the AD scheduled this or let it happen.

Mickey i normally agree with you but i said back on page 1 or 2 that this was a terrible decision for LaSalle to play them and that if IMG was going to play anyone it should have been X. X has imo their best team ever this year and they still would have lost by 30. X will turbo clock all 3 GCLS opponents or come very close. There are def teams in Ohio that would have faired better than LaSalle tonight. Elder would have been beat by 50 as well so im not saying they are any better. I just dont understand why the AD scheduled this or let it happen.

I don't have any issues with this. I think the idea that irritated me was that the players laid down or gave up ... that was nonsense.

And I agree scheduling the game was a mistake I'm sure won't be repeated. With Trinity, Cathedral and the GCL on the schedule still, it would have been nice to schedule a cruise week.

Lasalle grinded a close win against Colerain and X put up 42 on them in the first half. There's no shame in Lasalle's loss and X would likely lose badly as well, but the idea that no one in the state would've given them a better game is silly.