Winton Woods v Kings

This aged well

Good one.

Internet.jpg

Folks, the WW players and coaches gave it their all, it was great game the warriors were very competitive but came up short They still have a shot for ECC co championship again so keep supporting them. It will fade fast after this year…

Been sick all week. I couldn’t make the game. Game result making feel a little worse. Who was the WW QB?
WW dominated every aspect of the game. Penalties missed PAT and third downs killed them. The D held Kings to 74 total yards of O and scored. WW had 150 on the ground and 100 in the air. Should have won but the little things cost them.

WW dominated every aspect of the game. Penalties missed PAT and third downs killed them. The D held Kings to 74 total yards of O and scored. WW had 150 on the ground and 100 in the air. Should have won but the little things cost them.
Why this Coaching Staff being blamed for Penalties and a sub par kicking game when that’s been a problem at WW for a number of years?

Congrats on jinxing your team.
I may be wrong, and if I am I know a Winton Woods fan will correct me, but I believe a WW poster predicting a WW win by 16 regardless of their opponent that week is kind of a tradition. In 2007, WW opened with St. X. The Bombers were loaded that year, and pretty much everyone predicted an easy X victory. A WW poster boldly predicted, "WW by 16." X won, 35-7, and went on to finish at 15-0.
Since then, a WW poster sometimes will predict a WW victory by posting "WW by 16." I guess he may really mean it, or he may be saying it tongue-in- cheek in tribute to that 2007 poster, or both may be the case.

Folks, the WW players and coaches gave it their all, it was great game the warriors were very competitive but came up short They still have a shot for ECC co championship again so keep supporting them. It will fade fast after this year…
That shouldn't have to be an entirely bad thing-- if it means that a good number of the young men in the WW schools choose to devote more time to academics, it could be a situation of being given lemons and making lemonade.

Winton Woods can win the remaining games on their schedule. In my opinion they need a change at qb and run run run the ball. 17 isn’t a typical WW qb at all. #2 is a pretty good receiver, but overall the passing game isn’t there. Run the ball and let the defense do it’s thing and they should win games.

I may be wrong, and if I am I know a Winton Woods fan will correct me, but I believe a WW poster predicting a WW win by 16 regardless of their opponent that week is kind of a tradition. In 2007, WW opened with St. X. The Bombers were loaded that year, and pretty much everyone predicted an easy X victory. A WW poster boldly predicted, "WW by 16." X won, 35-7, and went on to finish at 15-0.
Since then, a WW poster sometimes will predict a WW victory by posting "WW by 16." I guess he may really mean it, or he may be saying it tongue-in- cheek in tribute to that 2007 poster, or both may be the case.

Thanks! Never knew the back story on that.

Winton Woods can win the remaining games on their schedule. In my opinion they need a change at qb and run run run the ball. 17 isn’t a typical WW qb at all. #2 is a pretty good receiver, but overall the passing game isn’t there. Run the ball and let the defense do it’s thing and they should win games.
I rather have #17. The other kid is more athletic but his play is very erratic. Logan has a better handle on things. You are correct 17 is a very different WW QB.

This is true. Except sometimes it isn’t a WW supporter posting about 16 point victory, it’s usually taking a dig at WW.

Wow! No words. All I have heard is how great that new defensive coach was WW has? Maybe he should of stayed at west, cause the kids made him look good. Terrible loss for WW. Old coach has his boys rolling at Princeton. All though that’s coming to an end next week.

This is true. Except sometimes it isn’t a WW supporter posting about 16 point victory, it’s usually taking a dig at WW.
Hey blue, since you are in the know, when kings and other teams crowd the box, especially on the last couple of drives, let the coaches know it’s okay to change the snap count.

the o line is not very good at this point, leaving the QB very little time, also when they show blitz and have 6-7 guys to stop the run- change the snap count.

third down and 5, etc guys are already in the backfield- change the snap count.

when you send guy in motion, and snap the ball at that exact moment, the defense reads the call/ change the snap count from time to time

Go Warriors

Hey blue, since you are in the know, when kings and other teams crowd the box, especially on the last couple of drives, let the coaches know it’s okay to change the snap count.

the o line is not very good at this point, leaving the QB very little time, also when they show blitz and have 6-7 guys to stop the run- change the snap count.

third down and 5, etc guys are already in the backfield- change the snap count.

when you send guy in motion, and snap the ball at that exact moment, the defense reads the call/ change the snap count from time to time

Go Warriors
Well, they practice that often. They jump during practice and disciplined for it. This has been a problem at WW for years

I rather have #17. The other kid is more athletic but his play is very erratic. Logan has a better handle on things. You are correct 17 is a very different WW QB.
After getting a review from a coach. You may be correct. Heard 17 was not taking any responsibility for anything he did. He often forced passes to WR’s that he should have thrown to others. Terrible attitude

We had several occasions where we could've ran a few screens to spikes. When they were loading up and blitzing. They were also showing their hand pre snap. We should've signaled in the screen play once we saw they were coming. Forcing spikes to continue to pick up blitzes isn't what WW needs. Also WW needs to win 1st down to put them @ 2nd & 5 instead of 2nd & 9 or 2nd & 15 (from penalties). The offense is supposed to work better when ur not behind the sticks. I sd some kids in the younger grades have talent & deserve a shot on offense & both came up with 2 key 3rd down catches. Now we need to manage the game better, knowing that we have a top notch defense we need to take all points even if it means being real conservative inside the red zone. And lastly I would like to see the 6'5 wr ,and 6'3 WR thrown jumpballs inside the 10 yard line instead of running crossing routes. I've been very critical of things lately but I believe these things can be fixed. You're going to see Lasalle or KINGS again or possibly both so you're seeing where you are as a unit right now. We also need more chunk plays.

Last edited:
We had several occasions where we could've ran a few screens to spikes. When they were loading up and blitzing. They were also showing their hand pre snap. We should've signaled in the screen play once we saw they were coming. Forcing spikes to continue to pick up blitzes isn't what WW needs. Also WW needs to win 1st down to put them @ 2nd & 5 instead of 2nd & 9 or 2nd & 15 (from penalties). The offense is supposed to work better when ur not behind the sticks. I sd some kids in the younger grades have talent & deserve a shot on offense & both came up with 2 key 3rd down catches. Now we need to manage the game better, knowing that we have a top notch defense we need to take all points even if it means being real conservative inside the red zone. And lastly I would like to see the 6'5 wr ,and 6'3 WR thrown jumpballs inside the 10 yard line instead of running crossing routes. I've been very critical of things lately but I believe these things can be fixed. You're going to see Lasalle or KINGS again or possibly both so you're seeing where you are as a unit right now. We also need more chunk plays.
They are talented younger kids but they are having trouble learning this new offense. They quiz every week also

Wow! No words. All I have heard is how great that new defensive coach was WW has? Maybe he should of stayed at west, cause the kids made him look good. Terrible loss for WW. Old coach has his boys rolling at Princeton. All though that’s coming to an end next week.
Defense is not the issue they are in the top of the ECC in every Defensive stat.
By years end they will be the top D in every category in the ECC.

Offensive line and Special teams is where the most improvement can happen. It was mentioned they need to have more screen type plays. The O line actually at times blocked off screen lanes in the last two games.

The first quarter the lack of confidence in the kicking game showed as WW chose to go for it on 4th and goal from the 7 instead of kicking a chip shot FG. (That would have gave enough points to win as it turned out). The 4th quarter FG miss had a lot more pressure and was a little tougher kick than the first quarter non attempt. WW Kickoffs and punts are interesting as is PAT and FG attempts...

Defense is not the issue they are in the top of the ECC in every Defensive stat.
By years end they will be the top D in every category in the ECC.

Offensive line and Special teams is where the most improvement can happen. It was mentioned they need to have more screen type plays. The O line actually at times blocked off screen lanes in the last two games.

The first quarter the lack of confidence in the kicking game showed as WW chose to go for it on 4th and goal from the 7 instead of kicking a chip shot FG. (That would have gave enough points to win as it turned out). The 4th quarter FG miss had a lot more pressure and was a little tougher kick than the first quarter non attempt. WW Kickoffs and punts are interesting as is PAT and FG attempts...
With the way our offense has been playing, I don’t mind them going for it on the goal line. Just have to get it in the end zone. The O line is definitely an issue.

With the way our offense has been playing, I don’t mind them going for it on the goal line. Just have to get it in the end zone. The O line is definitely an issue.
Because the O is not very powerful is why you take the PAT FG opportunity in the 1st quarter. Like in the Kings game with 3 turned back red zone opportunities. Good teams wont give up easy scores. I do agree with how suspect the kicking game is going for it deep in the RED zone.. 4th and 3 yes take the chance. 4th and 7, 4th and 11 kick the ball...

The D has been playing very well given the field position they find themselves in every game. WW has skill at the skill positions but the O line is not very mobile and the coaching staff needs to be more creative with blocking help other than having spikes be a backfield blocker on pass plays.

That shouldn't have to be an entirely bad thing-- if it means that a good number of the young men in the WW schools choose to devote more time to academics, it could be a situation of being given lemons and making lemonade.
The district is not growing in a conference with schools that are growing...The athletic facilities outside of football are nowhere close to the schools in conference.
WW struggled to field teams and be competitive in year one of the ECC having only a few conference wins in all three seasons.
So far in year 2 WW has not won one game in conference in any sport .

Coach Parker will have a good season at neighboring Princeton and WW football families tends to not have the type of base that will stick around when things start to fall off with football. Lots of aunts, uncles and other relatives in the surrounding districts that may benefit from a 6-4 football team.

The district is not growing in a conference with schools that are growing...The athletic facilities outside of football are nowhere close to the schools in conference.
WW struggled to field teams and be competitive in year one of the ECC having only a few conference wins in all three seasons.
So far in year 2 WW has not won one game in conference in any sport .

Coach Parker will have a good season at neighboring Princeton and WW football families tends to not have the type of base that will stick around when things start to fall off with football. Lots of aunts, uncles and other relatives in the surrounding districts that may benefit from a 6-4 football team.
Think WW was put into a tough spot joining a League or remain Independent. Being an independent I believe made WW Football better as a whole. Think it may have made the other sports worse though. New Gym and School are very nice from the parts I have seen. What is the ongoing construction on campus gonna feature?